Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
JezP51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Thanks for your comments Larry.

For you others, YOUtry making 18 phone calls (from the UK) and penning 18 unanswered emails and THENtry to lighten up.

It's called empathy: I have tried my hardest to put myself in Doug's shoes but it's a little difficult to blame his CONTINUEDunprofessionalism on a recent illness, don't you think?

Now it's the turn of you "lighten up" guys to put yourself in the shoes of either myself or the countless other mortals who've been lied to in their dealings with Lado Technology.

Ultimately I would prefer others NOTto have to go through the unpleasant rigmarole of obtaining a refund after thenon-arrival of goods, but just thought I'd give Doug - Doug, you note, not anyone else - the opportunity to explain himself if possible.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JEZ,

I am also waiting on Doug to ship my retracts, I knew going in that I was dealing with a small company that is going to have some bumps in the road. I support Doug, because I want small time suppliers to RC guys to succeed so that I will have more choices when I want something. So yea I tried on your shoes they are a little tight and if you lighten up you will probably avoid having a stroke while waiting for your refund for your toy airplane parts. Me, I am just waiting for the package to arrive with the equipment for my scale reproduction of a Corsair.

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
JezP51

Dave,

You don't know me from Adam so it would be more prudent for you to keep your sightly juvenile thoughts to yourself.

Perhaps, when you TOO have been thoroughly messed around a few months from now, you may join the steady stream of angry customers that have resulted in a 29-page thread.
Perhaps - if you had a little more imagination - you could envisage the fact that I, too, would very much like to support small retailers who concoct new and interesting products.
Perhaps, if you read further, you might understand that the entire issue with Lado Tech is to do with the repeated LIES that Doug tells.
Finally, if you had bothered to read even further, you would have realized that I DID receive a refund.

My email serves both as a chance for Doug to redeem himself - which he has so far not chosen to do - and as a warning to future customers such as yourself. Doubtless many WILL have taken heed of what I and others have written; some, like yourself, will ignore the advice and adopt a curious "holier-than-thou attitude" and proceed to lecturethose who have alread experienced Lado's "customer service" and have dared to voice our concerns on this forum.

I have a strong feeling that we will be having a good laugh at your expense in the not-too-distant future so I'll stop right there.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: JezP51

Dave,

You don't know me from Adam so it would be more prudent for you to keep your sightly juvenile thoughts to yourself.

Perhaps, when you TOO have been thoroughly messed around a few months from now, you may join the steady stream of angry customers that have resulted in a 29-page thread.
Perhaps - if you had a little more imagination - you could envisage the fact that I, too, would very much like to support small retailers who concoct new and interesting products.
Perhaps, if you read further, you might understand that the entire issue with Lado Tech is to do with the repeated LIES that Doug tells.
Finally, if you had bothered to read even further, you would have realized that I DID receive a refund.

My email serves both as a chance for Doug to redeem himself - which he has so far not chosen to do - and as a warning to future customers such as yourself. Doubtless many WILL have taken heed of what I and others have written; some, like yourself, will ignore the advice and adopt a curious ''holier-than-thou attitude'' and proceed to lecturethose who have alread experienced Lado's ''customer service'' and have dared to voice our concerns on this forum.

I have a strong feeling that we will be having a good laugh at your expense in the not-too-distant future so I'll stop right there.

Did anyone else read this with thier best british accent, or just me?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

LOL you know to the British we're the one that have the accent
Old 11-10-2009, 03:30 PM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone else read this with thier best british accent, or just me?

Y'all spelled their wrong and British is a proper noun thus capitalized! Y'all some kind of hill billy! Get-R-Done!

I'm sorry, but we got to add some levity to this thread! (Levity means laughter)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38443.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1311684  
Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 PM
JezP51

My apologies for speaking to you in sentences! :-)

LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 04:10 PM
c550

I just got in from a short flight and checked the thread(I am mortified that JEZ thinks I'm infantile). After getting up to date I checked my email and low and behold I have a shipping notice that my retracts are en route. I guess it is a birthday present from Doug(234 years of the USMC).

Hope everyone elso out there who has been waiting will get whats comming to them.

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: c550

I just got in from a short flight and checked the thread(I am mortified that JEZ thinks I'm infantile). After getting up to date I checked my email and low and behold I have a shipping notice that my retracts are en route. I guess it is a birthday present from Doug(234 years of the USMC).

Hope everyone elso out there who has been waiting will get whats comming to them.

Regards,

Dave

I imagine he may have had a recent increase in stock on hand. Maybe you should be thanking Jez and others who have cancelled their orders!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:42 PM
joeheren
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: LDM

Hats off to an american business man that is making it in these difficult times , congratulations and keep it going !!! ,

yes congrats
Old 11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

I still think one of you guys should try to place an order with Iron Bay, or perhaps Glennis wheels, or Arizona Model Crafters. Each of these are small companies that either do limited production as a side to their main business or just complete an order when they feel like it or have the chance.

If you try to get a custom set of wheels from Glennis and your last name isn't Tiano, Platt, Hahn, or Crooks you can plan on waiting AT LEAST a year for your order. If they even remember that you placed it and can verify that you already paid for it, which they demand as well.

Heck, I know some people who just gave up on Iron Bay (these knuckleheads bought Byron's stuff) because they won't even answer emails or calls for people with a wad of cash in hand ready to order because "their full scale aircraft business is top priority".

My personal good friend and flying bud got jerked around for over a year by the guy that runs Arizona. It took nearly 1 year and 3 months for his "full kit" which was "in stock and ready to ship" to finally show up in drips and drabs after countless calls and emails and lies by the owner. Even after that, several of the items that took the longest ended up being in the wrong scale, or just plain wrong! He doubts after all the crap he went through that he will ever build the thing it peeved him off so bad.

My point? Glad you asked. Unless you want off the shelf stuff that you can buy from Tower, Horizon, Global, etc., you must accept that specialized model products can and will take time...much more time than you were willing to probably wait. Once you go into the realm of cool one-of-a-kind products, you best learn to be patient!

BTW shame on your limey A$@# JEZP51 for calling Doug's illness an outright lie! Have a little heart with your meat pudding!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: lado-tech

TOMAPOWA

Glad you got the refund okay. Thanks for trying to help guys out with the address, but that address is like 5 years old. THe new address is on our about page on our web site..... bla bla....
Doug,
Please don't patronize me! I'm way to wise for that crap....
Maybe if you stopped lying and learned some customer relation skills, your "business" might survive.

So what did it take to get my $$ back from you? (after 5 months of getting yanked around!)

-after having paid you via Paypal, then not hearing a peep from you, having to file a Paypal dispute, only to cancel it with you promising me that they will ship the week after...

-after receiving 3-4 notices from Paypal that you had shipped my product I paid for... but in actuality, nothing got shipped (i.e. pacify the customer... nice trick... too bad it cost YOU $$)

-after 10-12 emails a week to you, with no response

-after 10-12 phone calls which you returned one!... again telling me it'll go in the mail soon.... (you all know the outcome of that lie...)

-after having spent numerous hours on the phone with Paypal to see how I can get out of this scam...

-after having to file a fraudulency report with the Better Business Bureau re: your actions

-after having sent you a daily reminder (for two weeks!) re: paypal request to return my money....

-after having consulted a lawyer re: my next legal actions....

Please don't apologize to me... it'll do no good.

If people pay you, you need to either deliver the product or promptly give then a refund... plain and simple as that!

Good luck everyone! Just real glad to be hopping off this wild chaotic ride!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:12 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: TOMAPOWA

Good luck everyone! Just real glad to be hopping off this wild chaotic ride!

Speaking only for myself, I'm glad you're hopping off too and sincerely hope YOU keep YOUR word on that. My tolerance threshold for whining and hearing the same sad tale over and over ad nauseum has been reached. Of course other people's mileage may vary.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
rcyogi

Gagee,

I'm with you on this, I do have over $600 somewhere in Dough's shop (I hope) But this is getting crazy. I will wait, and still have faith Dough
will came out of this, and continue making a good, well needed product, I take this as a very expensive hobby, but a relaxing hobby, not one
to be stressing out about it,

Pisandro
Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 AM
flemsus

ORIGINAL: c550

Regards,

Dave
Can you see if USPS have received the goods? Or is it only like this:
Service(s): Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 30, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later

Will you tell what your order number is? So I can see if I am next in line. I am 1224
Old 11-11-2009, 02:35 AM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: TOMAPOWA

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

I'm getting close to the 45 day paypal claim date! If i dont get my product by that date I will request a refund. if they ship after that date but before I recieve a refund I will cancel the claim. I don't know what else I should do. I'm out $220 but have nothing to show for it. When I placed my order it said IN STOCK and with the 7 day shipping guarantee I expected my retracts by now. My order was placed 4 weeks ago. 2-3 weeks before Doug got sick. So I wish Lado would be honest and up front. Is that too much to ask as customers?

Lado, Why do you leave customers out in the dark?
yukonpete,
Don't do what I did.... FILE A CLAIM NOW! and be sure to escalate it to a claim! Back in May 09 when I did not hear back from Doug for weeks after payment, I filed a Paypal dispute, and got scolded by Doug for doing so (tough crackers!... you should learn some customer relationship skills). I was promised that my retracts (actuators actually) would go out in the mail the next week so like AN IDIOT... I let the dispute time out and am now not able to do anything with Paypal! DON'T FALL INTO THIS TRAP LIKE I DID! I did this back in May... seems like my only other method of refund is to obtain it via legal means.

FILE A PAYPAL DISPUTE, ESCALATE TO A CLAIM! If he still has money in his paypal account (which I quess he probably does not, since he has not yet returned my $187), they will reverse the charge eventually.

EVERYONE WHO RECENTLY SENT THIS SCAMMER MONEY SHOULD BE FILING A CLAIM OF SOME SORT..... DON'T WAIT!
I'd hate to be the one to tell you all ''Told you so!''
I'm still waiting to hear back from Doug on one of the 4 emails I have sent over the past 2 weeks. I figure if he is honorable I will get my product or an email this week. If not I'm done with Lado.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:46 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"still think one of you guys should try to place an order with Iron Bay, or perhaps Glennis wheels, or Arizona Model Crafters. Each of these are small companies that either do limited production as a side to their main business or just complete an order when they feel like it or have the chance. "

personally , I dont really care , this is a hobby and as stated before you have a right to choose to order a product or not , its 100% your choice . But if the website says -Custom build , orders will take 6 to 9 months to complets " then I can see people understanding . If you order from the companys above , and its not implied that you will wait , then you should get your money back or simply start a 365 page post like the lado one .lol
If the website implys instock and ready to ship , then I dont care what the product , how important or unimportant it is , you live by the stated business model .
In Pa we have Amish crafters who build cabenets , all custom , you bring them a picture , you pay 25% of the total cost of goods , you leave and you are told 6 to 12 months , you check back in 6 knowing it will most likely be 12 lol , and in the end your happy with the end results but never worried or had to call every 7 days because you expected it earlier .

Good business is not defined by only "good product " its defined by good servace , reputation , mutual respect , honoring a statement ect ect .
If a business does not have the manpower to meet its model ,there is two reason , the unwillingness to invest to meet the standards set by its owners , or simply allowing the need to make a profict exceed the promise of servace rendered .Its really that simple , all this drama on defending this and that crap is nothing more then drama.
If you give this post to unemotional student of business , they would most likely come to the following conclusion
the demand exceeded the output and re-investment in labor the owners are willing to put back into the business to maintaing normal flow of operations .
They would suggest selling to a company that can meet demand considering the product seems to be proven in the market place and in high demand , all that is lacking is the ability to deliver on a consistant and timely basis .The problems will continue until demand decreases , labor or efficientcies increases or the declared business model is changed .
no drama , just the reality , choose to order knowing these facts , or dont order , but dont expect change until the critical elements of the business model change
Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 AM
JezP51

Hellcat,

It was not Iwho suggested that Doug was not ill. Worth checking your facts before making wild accusations, huh?

Shame on YOU!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 AM
G T

hi guys
I have not checked this link for sometime now and there is some hot stuff going down here. I have had a few retact sets from doug in the passed and they did take some time to get to me, but when i got them i was very happy as most customers that have received them to date. But i am in the same boat now as TOMAPAWA has posted , charged through pay pal months ago for the retro fit retracts and nothing. Got 1 email back afew months ago saying they would be shiped asap but nothing has come to date and no other emails i have sent since then have been answered. So i must agree the customer service sucks. ( bloody good product but bloody bad service )
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 AM
c550

Flemsus,

I did check the tracking and the USPS has the package, I too have seen what you refer to and I am glad that I actually have a package en route. Your 4 orders after me so hopefully you will have something coming your way soon.

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-11-2009, 09:37 AM
show871

Guys, I know Doug and family were sick in weeks past, it sounded like I was talking to a bullfrog on the phone weeks ago! I will be doing a retract install thread and video with my H9 P47 and 60-1 units on flyinggi..ts.com soon for those interested!

Stuart Rafos
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 AM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

these are small companies that either do limited production as a side to their main business or just complete an order when they feel like it or have the chance.
What is my main business then? If you post this type of statement, you must be able to post it for everyone to see, and show some proof. The two companies mentioned, along with LADO combined have been in business less half the time we have - there is no comparison in the products or companies.

If you try to get a custom set of wheels from Glennis and your last name isn't Tiano, Platt, Hahn, or Crooks you can plan on waiting AT LEAST a year for your order. If they even remember that you placed it and can verify that you already paid for it, which they demand as well.
First of all, lets stick with facts. None of the names you mention get any special treatment of any kind, and never have, and you can not prove so. Out of the 4 you name, one has never ordered from us, one 18 years ago, two 6+ years ago. Hard way to make a living.

No one ever waited a year for an order, another fact as I have the order dates and shipping dates easily accessable. My next reply to this is you post your real name, and I will post the photo's of the actual documents to prove the actual time the order took, and what it actually cost, otherwise we will see the statement for what it actually is.

Please, don't lie and attack us in your frustration with LADO retracts. We manufacture top class custom items and have for 20+ years. We are not advertising 1 or 2 designs, we offer several hundred different sizes and styles, far from the scope of modeling for what is being purchased here. I am not running a sideline business, If you don't think so, pick up a phone and check it out if you think this guys statement is honest, you will find much different. By the way, today is a holiday, and we are here, as we will be through the week and the weekend (again).

We are very easy to get a hold of and return all calls and e-mails unless you mumble on the answering machine, or give an incorrect return e-mail address. The claim that we cannot remember when you placed your order is ridiculous. Stick to the truth and the facts if you are posting about us.

I don't agree with about anything I have seen happen here, but don't put that shadow on long running companies that have produced quality products and operated correctly.

Dennis
Old 11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

TOUCHE!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
skillet92

I will second that Blackbird!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
prop wash

[:-]Wow,such hate in this thread.Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.