Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Snipin_Willy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Detta ST THREAD **********

An aluminum bumper wouldn't look any better after you nailed something with it. Try making a big foam bumper like those on touring cars, it might help you car bounce better.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Snipin_Willy

For those looking to get a cheap brushless setup, I think hobbycity has their 18 and 30amp escs back in stock. I thought about buying one but the detta I'm getting used has a micro sidewinder in it.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
mini-dude

Novak Mongoose = MUCHBETTER
Old 11-08-2009, 01:12 AM
hyperscorpic

I did consider the bumper off the TC or the rally, but a nose in landing would break that in an instant, rendering it pretty useless
Coz the only bashing I do it jumping off the ramps in the skate park. I need that 'bumper' not to brush off things I hit, but to strengthen the front (not that it isnt bulletproof enough) so that I dont have to replace it that often
Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
jeppe317

ttt

i finally got a decent charger and ordered a few of those turnigy lipos off hobbycity, too bad theyre back ordered, hopefully they wont take TOO long. i have a venom lipo now and the truck FLYS w/ the 16t pinion, im gonna throw the 17t in today and see if i can top it out somewhere, i dont have enough space where i am now. it seems like its got turbo lag, though. takes a second to take off but after i run it about 5 mins its normal. all the esc settings are OK, would the battery temp have anything to do with it? i read its best to have them warm when you plug it in and run.

i was going to get a 4wd slash 1/10 but i decided on a new detta and lots of aluminum. im gonna take all the goodies off the one i have now and build a brand new one and let my wife run the other. i'll make the build thread around xmas time.

thx hyperscorpic for convincing me to keep this thing!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
mini-dude

ORIGINAL: hyperscorpic

I did consider the bumper off the TC or the rally, but a nose in landing would break that in an instant, rendering it pretty useless
Coz the only bashing I do it jumping off the ramps in the skate park. I need that 'bumper' not to brush off things I hit, but to strengthen the front (not that it isnt bulletproof enough) so that I dont have to replace it that often

get yourself a T-Bone bumper
http://t-bone-rc.tripod.com/catalog/i192.html
Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
hyperscorpic

ORIGINAL: jeppe317

i finally got a decent charger and ordered a few of those turnigy lipos off hobbycity, too bad theyre back ordered, hopefully they wont take TOO long. i have a venom lipo now and the truck FLYS w/ the 16t pinion, im gonna throw the 17t in today and see if i can top it out somewhere, i dont have enough space where i am now. it seems like its got turbo lag, though. takes a second to take off but after i run it about 5 mins its normal. all the esc settings are OK, would the battery temp have anything to do with it? i read its best to have them warm when you plug it in and run.
What is the ambient temp? If it's too cold, it might affect the performance of the lipo ,but I have no experience in that. It's ALWAYS hot in my country lol

I'l break that in 5 mins, and after the replacement, break that in another 5 mins. Money down the drain, and bumperless
For racing, those would be very good, but for mindless bashing, I doubt they will hold up much [>:]
Old 11-09-2009, 09:46 PM
jeppe317

i dont think the battery is broken in yet, i re-read the package and it says it wont be at peak performance until after 11-12 cycles, i used it for the 4th time today and noticed an improvement, im gonna run it all day tomorrow and see if it continues to improve. i had to order a ball diff for the front, no LHS's had any. the truck is basiclly 2wd right now the front end is so torn up lol. fun w/ donuts, though.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Snipin_Willy

The used detta I have coming in the mail has a dtx ball diff in the rear and I'm considering putting on in the front. I'm not sure if I'll need it with only an ammo 3900 in it on 2s lipo. I have 3 extra stock diffs if I start blowing them up. Should last if I think I need to order another ball diff. Has anyone has any luck with the Atomic mods ball diff? Anyone know if they accept DTX diff rebuilds?
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
hyperscorpic

Why do you want to put it in the front? I thought the rear takes more abuse, hence shd have the ball diffs? My rear diffs needs more frequent rebuild than the front also...
I've tried the ammo 3900 with gear diffs (filled the diffs with thick grease) and they held fine for a while...No long term testing though, coz I replaced them with ball diffs not too long after
Old 11-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Snipin_Willy

The rear diff does take mor abuse, but it already has a diff in the rear.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
hyperscorpic

Oh, sorry, but I read wrongly. Thought you were going to put the rear diff in front...my bad
Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Snipin_Willy

And I was typing on my phone. I suppose I have enough gear diffs to last me if the Ammo 3900 is going to start chewing them up in the front end. I'm still curious to whether or not people have experience with the ATM ball diff. Should be fun none the less, finally will be able to race against someone with a mini of the same performance.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Metallover

The duratrax diff is the one with the steel gears made for it. I would go for that. You can also try locking the front diff with glue and seeing how you like it for awhile. Good for speed runs, and probably some forms of bashing.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
jeppe317

i just put a ball diff in the front last night, ive only ran it once but it made a huge difference over the chewed up gear diff i had, for a while it was pretty much just rwd. i can tell all the power is getting to the ground now its twice as fast off the line. even pulls wheelies from a dead stop with BALD BALD tires. im gonna go get a set of metric hex wrenches so i can swap pinions later today, gonna try 17t
Old 11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
jakesterama

What are the symptoms of a failing diff?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Metallover

If a diff fails you won't get power to the wheels. i.e. the rear wheels won't get power if the rear diff fails. If the diff is starting to fail, you will notice a decrease in power to the front/rear.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
jakesterama

Hmm.. mine might be going, I floor it and the motor spools up to a level and stays there, but the vehicle is still noticeably accelerating.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
jeppe317

mine would do the same thing when the diffs were stock, it would pull real weak but the motor would be reving high. eventully it wouldnt move at all. i packed em with heavy grease, that helped for a little while but i think it was too little too late.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
kybowtie

Here is an awesome upgrade for your ST. Boca Econo Ceramic bearings. We all like to upgrade to brushless motors and everything else, but we sometimes neglect the bearings. Boca sells this kit for $75.95. It also includes 4 - 4 x 7's to replace the plastic, steering bellcrank bushings.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Snipin_Willy

For carpet racing where money is a stake those might be a good investment, but at the dusty places I run at it would just be money down the drain. Besides that, the only metal shielded bearings I run are in the motors. $1 bearings for me.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
hyperscorpic

Agree with you, but its tempting to change them
I remember getting acer's ceramic bearings for my HPI savage, and it made the drivetrain so smooth. My savage would roll for a much longer distance before stopping than before.

Having said that, I still changed out the bearings in my detta. Not the ceramic ones, but rubber shielded. Thank godness I don't run my detta in the dirt, only dusty concrete places lol
Old 11-11-2009, 10:05 PM
jeppe317

dirt's so much fun, though.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:28 AM
hyperscorpic

I'm sure it is, but finding it over here is no fun lol
I'm living in a concrete jungle...hard to find dirt. The closest I can get to it is the sand in the beach, and thats only a puny stretch []
Old 11-12-2009, 09:03 AM
jeppe317

i didnt even think about that. theyre fun on concrete too just kills tires lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.