Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Old School Dumas Scarab Resto

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Old School Dumas Scarab Resto

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:29 PM
showme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old School Dumas Scarab Resto

I'm the only one in our group with a black jack, but we have some cats and vees in the group.Nothing thatwild.My next big project will be a 72 inch cat with twins.(My dream boat!)I must part with my 1/4 scale gas sprint car and stocker project first.(Ouch!!)
I might build it,They are pricey as bare hulls go.My family owns a marina off of 7hwy.(actuallywe do everything these days to survive!LOL!)
I moved back to the city several years backto stay afloat.I think most of the guys have their boats half tore down from what they told me last week,but should be up come spring.I'lltry to get a hold of youif we get together.
Showme.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: showme

I'm the only one in our group with a black jack, but we have some cats and vees in the group.Nothing that wild.My next big project will be a 72 inch cat with twins.(My dream boat!)I must part with my 1/4 scale gas sprint car and stocker project first.(Ouch!!)
I might build it,They are pricey as bare hulls go.My family owns a marina off of 7hwy.(actually we do everything these days to survive!LOL!)
I moved back to the city several years back to stay afloat.I think most of the guys have their boats half tore down from what they told me last week,but should be up come spring.I'll try to get a hold of you if we get together.
Showme.

I hear ya! I liquidated my "RC Assets" to get the HPR Mystic ooh! they are pricey. I had an FG F1 Gas RC that was a marvelous piece of engineering and workmanship...sorry to see it go but it went to a good home. Then came the F1 Gas Tunnel, that went to a good home as well...I have been collecting parts little by little for the twin cat build for the last 3-4 years off and on.

You might check into ClassONE as they are in the final R&D stages of a 72" Skater Cat set for either twin gas or turbine and it looks like it will be a great boat. It is also built here in The States so pricing might be a bit more "realistic" as there won't be the EU to Dollar exchange and shipping over the pond to affect landed/built price. I will say this of Hanspeters Hulls, there is none nicer in build/lamination quality and I loved that the Zenoah/RCMK fit under the deck without cutting up it up.

Pop me an e-mail, love to hook up. I am at www.villagemarina.com and would love to know your family marina business on that side of the lake if nothing else than to refer a customer needing service or winterization on your end...

I will be starting a thread on the NIB Dumas Scarab KAAMA build for my wife's play boat...it's starting to come along!!! Love the classics! Send your buddy in Camdenton my info I would love to hook up with another Dumas Scarab and Gas RC Boater here in the area!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72027.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1312969  
Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
showme

Skaters are a great hull!We used to have a 24'with twin 2.4's.
I do love the mhz 5000 though.I probably need to part with all my R/c stuff to build one rite! I kinda want to build one from scratch,but I have too many irons in the fire.I will check into Class One.Thanks.

The business is TDC motorsports.(New name)They have been there a long time.They would appreciate any referals!They do boats,jet ski's ,bikes,Hot rods, and cars.

Do you have any pic's of your cat project?
Old 11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
FlogginHarvey

No, not yet. Just sitting leaning against the wall in the office begging to be finished. I wiill post some

I think I am going to have a friend and running mate get it finished for me as I am working on my wife's Scarab and I DO NOT trust myself on the HPR and all the CF. He is frankly, amazing in his attention to detail and workmanship...an anal retentive like me BUT with the skills to build it the way it should be done.

What was it prior to TDC?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:59 PM
showme

Hyper sports.