Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What is up with Easy Tiger Models?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

What is up with Easy Tiger Models?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 PM
GTRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is up with Easy Tiger Models?

I bought a L39 Jet combo for over $600 from Easy Tiger Models three months ago and I waited so long and only the jet came in. The electronics, brushless motor and ESC, servos, retracts and fan unit never even came. When the Jet came, it was already broken in some parts of the plane. Only the Jet body parts came in. I try to phone them about this many times and no one even answers. When I phones them, they always says please leave a message. I leave many messages so many times and they don't even reply or notified back to me.

And now, I still never receive any of my stuff that was suppose to come with the Jet. I bet they never shipped those stuff that was suppose to come with the L39 Jet combo pack. I payed $600 for the whole Jet combo and all those stuff was suppose to include or should I say come with it. I advise everyone don't buy stuff from Easy Tiger Models. They tricks you. They are a bunch of liars.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
SoppyJoe
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: What is up with Easy Tiger Models?

Dude Im sorry to hear that. I have posted, many times here on RCU and RC Groups, just do a search on ETM...You probably wont like what you find.[&o] You're not the only one to have been ripped off by ETM.

I am sure sorry to hear about your purchase going south....This kind of stuff REALLY Burns My *****![:@]

Good luck and please keep everybody here posted!

Joey
Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM
GTRice

Yeah, thanks. It's just a big rip off. Yeah, also heard many bad stories from here and RC Groups too about them, after I got ripped off by them. It's just that it makes me so mad, when these things happens. [:@]
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 AM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: GTRice

I bought a R39 Jet combo for over $600 from Easy Tiger Models three months ago and I waited so long and only the jet came in. The electronics, brushless motor and ESC, servos, retracts and fan unit never even came. When the Jet came, it was already broken in some parts of the plane. Only the Jet body parts came in. I try to phone them about this many times and no one even answers. When I phones them, they always says please leave a message. I leave many messages so many times and they don't even reply or notified back to me.

And now, I still never receive any of my stuff that was suppose to come with the Jet. I bet they never shipped those stuff that was suppose to come with the R39 Jet combo pack. I payed $600 for the whole Jet combo and all those stuff was suppose to include or should I say come with it. I advise everyone don't buy stuff from Easy Tiger Models. They tricks you. They are a bunch of liars.
If you paid by CC or PP file a complaint.
Mike
Old 11-05-2009, 10:10 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

If you paid by CC or PP file a complaint.
Mike
Don't wait. File a complaint immediately. While you are at it, ask about the CC Company or even Paypal revoking his right to accept payments from them. Something has to be done with this guy. I wish that RCU would stop him from advertising and selling on here. They will not let him post, but they will take his advertising $$ without even blinking.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:39 PM
GTRice

Well, I got my credit card company to help me deal with this now. My credit card company will let me know that everything will be all fine, once they are done.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JeffH
I wish that RCU would stop him from advertising and selling on here. They will not let him post, but they will take his advertising $$ without even blinking.
We can only take into consideration the actions of a person on RCU. As noted, part of RCU is no longer accessible to this member. However, the record in the marketplace is and has been a different story. 98 good ratings and 3 poor to date. This is hardly justification to remove someone.

If members continue to buy from him through RCU and have a positive experience, RCU will allow him to continue. If someone buys from ETM outside of RCU and has a bad experience there is not much we can do about it. Only using the tools in RCU's marketplace to rate this member when a bad experience occurs will prevent him from continuing on RCU.

It does not benefit you or RCU if one of its members purports who they claim to be. If the ratings reflect a negative activity, appropriate action will be taken.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 AM
SoppyJoe

But when you're taking money from a "banned" member, shouldn't "ALL" the negative press and post be taken into consideration when allowing said member to promote his buisness here on RCU?

Let's face it, ALOT of us here know that there is no love loss between RCU and Curtis M. AKA easytiger. It just seems that at some point, you just wouldn't want to do buisness with a company that has a track record like E.T.M.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEQQFZ_JyvQ[/youtube]

Apparently this L39 was assembled by Curtis himself.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM
SoppyJoe

ORIGINAL: ditchit

I dont think Easy T. built that L-39.........It actually flew
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

I ordered 3 sets of retracts to replace substandard stock ones which Starmax supplies in their F5 Tiger kits:

http://easytigermodels.com/index.php...products_id=99

They were ordered about 2 months ago. I received them about a month after ordering. They did come and were in good shape. Aside from the long wait I have no complaints. I guess I'd be upset if this were a high dollar order or if I was expecting updated order status, but for me they were simply to upgrade a few sets for modesl down in the building queue at this point.

I ordered them in using the same philosophy as "Lado" retracts get them now while I can ahead of time and don't worry about the time frame. They delivered and I'm happy.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: SoppyJoe
If you watch carefully...it actually crashes. So technically it flew for about 5-10 seconds.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I placed and order with ETM on a Thrusday, and received the order on Tuesday of the next week by Priority Mail. Everything I ordered was in the box. I cannot complain about their service at all based on my experience.
Tommy
Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 AM
SoppyJoe

If you watch carefully...it actually crashes. So technically it flew for about 5-10 seconds.
Exactly...
Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is what happens when you use speaker wire, as he he is known to use on his ESCs.
(see thread on R C Groups)
Old 11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
builttocrash

That was my L-39. There was no speaker wire in it. Curtis is working with me to get this resolved. He has gone above and beyond in his customer service.

The person who took that video had an agenda of making Curtis look worse that he actually is. This is all over a F-35 and a burnt out motor. The person who took this video basically said to screw me and Curtis. Idon't agree with Mark in this issue because you can take any video and say something about it, negative or positive.

With all this said, I've purchased a F-22, F-35 (new product), RCLander Hawker Hunter, and a 81" SuperCub from him and of course the L-39.

All these planes fly great except for whatever I might have done to have this problem.

I bought this used from him at E-Jets and it flew just fine there. So it had to have been pilot error or something I did wrong.

AGAIN, Ido not support this video in any way!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:15 AM
java8297

Hey Everyone....glad to see my video is such a hit......I took the video and know the pilot....I can assure you that this was a "CURTIS SPECIAL" I saw this plane at ejets THE PRIZED ETM L-39. Curtis unloaded it on friend of mine.......The video is 19 seconds long .......this was built by curtis...with EASYTIGERMODELS componets and ET specs.....This is what you can expect from CURTIS and ET....I can tell you that I was....was I die hard ET fan.....I got kicked off RC GROUPS twice defending this guy.......I was also compensated to help him fix his tarnished rep.....well , I have seen the light.......I can tell you one thing....Curtis did give some of the money back to PILOT X........Not admitting fault mind you.....I have amassed a collection of EASYTIGER Wrecks......they are all for sale...if you want a real piece of history.....no extra charge for the speaker wire and duct tape......will look at all trades...no junk please ...I already have plenty of ETM stuff.......all for sale....http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139033 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139021 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139017

thanks for checking ou the video....
Old 11-12-2009, 08:28 AM
rcmiket

"The person who took that video had an agenda of making Curtis look worse that he actually is." OK I'll bite how just how bad is he?
Mike
Old 11-12-2009, 09:10 AM
builttocrash

The agenda that Mark has is to destroy EasyTiger over a motor and fan.

Look, every plane we own will eventually crash, just ask Mark. He crashes all the time. I've got videos of him too. I could post up video after video of him crashing and say, "Hey look, its a Nitroplanes custom" or "Hey look, its a Sapac Custom". They areout their I tell ya.

With regards his agenda. Iguess Mark bought a F-15 from Curtis and told him that he would like to help Curtis' company improve by showcasing a plane of his. Curtis knew that "Jets over Kentucky" was coming up, so he said sure and sent him a SuperCat. The plane was fine, a little beat up and needed the tail stabilizer re-epoxied back on due to shipping (since the plane was already built). I guess Mark was expecting something awesome for FREE. As soon as he got it he had an attitude against Curtis, saying"Look at the piece of #@$@".Mark hadmetake the plane up and it flew awesome! Mark now wanted to try it and boom, he crashed it. Icalled Curtis up for him and Curtis said that he would send another fuselage to him. It was new but had a couple of hairline cracks in the fiberglass. (It was a return from another customer). It took Mark 3 months to put it back together and the only reason why he did, was because Curtis asked for the plane back if he wasn't going to fly it, video it and post in on RCG. Well Mark didn't like the ultimadium (sp?) and put it together and flew it.

During all of this, Mark got a beat up F-35 that accidentally had a 3s motor installed in it. It crashed on its Maiden because the motor burnt up. Curtis said that he would send him another motor, but gave up since it was taking Mark so long to get the Supercat together.

Mark paid me to put the F-35 together, but he is taking it out on Curtis which I don't agree with. Both of the planes in question in reality, cost Mark nothing had he put the F-35 together himself.But he doesn't know how to build.

After I crashed my L-39 on my Maiden flight, Mark said that he now had a video of the long awaited video of the Curtis special.

I said, "What?" You recorded that? See, I had him holding my camera to video it for ME, but he took his camera and gave it to one of his friends to record.

Against my wishes, he put this video up and is now selling the planes that he got from Curtis for free. Also, I don't agree with.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
b16a2sir
My Feedback: (3)

Look at that... 2 sides to the story!!!

I will not let this deter me away from ETM.. I havent ordered from them yet, but I won't make this thread stop me if I choose to in the future.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM
java8297

Hey John,

Thanks for your imput...out of respect I called you pilot X.......my issue with easytiger is well documented....He sends stuff with speaker wire to connect the esc.....do you deny that...he sent stuff with the wrong motor...do you deny that......he said that he would fix that...and he did not....he has been thrown off rc groups......do i need to post your emails......I am glad he refunded your money....for the L-39....he should have....I am glad he is sending you a saber ...to keep you quiet....you said in your email that you wanted to protect your investment with easytiger and your reputation....CURTIS aka ETM aka flim flam man AKA ???? has made his own bed....It is you that chooses to LAY in it...... I got myself thrown off RC groups defending him.......CURTIS has made his own monster.....are you sure thats how you want to protect your reputation???? I offered to resolve this matter with curtis and he hung up on me...This is curtis.......you purchased his own personal L-39...with all of his own componets and specs....it barely got off the ground....You did a great job of minamizing the damage....

from ETM website..."they are selling out fast...the performance is quite High" said the expext from easytiger.....the video tells it all my friend......wake up and smell the burning speaker wire...what is funny to me is that you cant find anyone that admits or can prove that they own one.......

The first batch is selling out fast. Spans 50", glass fuse, wood wings, all the specs are similar to the Sabre...it's another winner, and it is exclusive to Easytigermodels.com. No, you will not be able to get it elsewhere. It flies beautifully, we have tested it for a long time. The best setup is our Tigerfan 101 with Scorpion motor on 6s, performance is quite high, and weight is quite low. Before you start with modifying it, please know we have done our homework, and it's actually pretty hard to beat the balance we acheived, for performance versus weight. You can do what you want with your plane, but it's like this...yes, you can put a 90 sized motor in a 40 sized plane, and you might go really fast, but you won't necessarily have a better airplane, and sooner or later, something will break, like your landing gear, because you(well, your plane) is overweight. These were designed around a 6s system. Beleive me, we have mussed with putting in larger stuff, like our Tigerjet fan and 10 cells, yeah, it goes fast, but it's really not for everyone. Most people seem VERY happy with the performance of the stock system, so our suggestion is to start with that, and if, later on, you need even more performance, feel free. Will will take some new pictures later in the week. Check out the review of the Sabre in Flying Models, they really loved it.

this is a direct quote..I guess the Curtis promise does not count in KY.....

"We only sell what we have flown and tested. No junk components, no junk airplanes, we stand by what we sell, and WE SELL FOR LESS."

I make no bones that I made a mistake by associating myself with CURTIS aka EASYTIGERMODELS...and am putting as much distance from myself and him by selling all my ETM junk.....here is my ad...the truth hurts...

Easytigermodels fleet

not getting out of the sport.....just getting out of the easytiger junk....

This little creampuff is up for sale......

This Supercat was a personal flyer from Curtis......He sent me this " in perfect flying condition Supercat"

You can Imagine how excited I was to hear that I was going to be "the Lucky guy" to have the honor to recieve from the man himself.....His personal Supercat.....with all the bells and whistles...

I got the Supercat as promised.....upon inspection I noticed that curtis had run SPEAKER WIRE to connect the esc ( the bells) and he had used packing tape (the whistles) to hold in the duct work.

I asked Curtis about it...and he said ...just fly it...

I guess you know ( as Paul Harvey would say) the rest of the story.....

I did make the repairs after the crash......

The first $150 gets it plus shipping.....buyer beware...all sales final

I will concider all trades....NO JUNK PLEASE....I already have that.....

I guess the Curtis promise does not count in KY.....

"We only sell what we have flown and tested. No junk components, no junk airplanes, we stand by what we sell, and WE SELL FOR LESS."

Please dont fool yourself and think that CURTIS is good for your reputation.....your reputation was ok without him...

Just rember....the only thing that will truly ruin your reputation is to get caught with a live girl or Curtis @ETM

Have a great holiday
Old 11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
mjbennett9

HOLY CRAP. This is like a soap opera. "As the prop turns" lol

I'm from the same field and a friend of Marks. I've seen the speaker wire used for an ESC, so I can vouch for that. I can also state for a fact that an "in stock" motor took 10 days to get to me. I can also say that I received no post-sales support on that motor either. He directed me to rcgroupsnice. Some say Curtis' rotten attitute is because he's from NJ/NY areaI'm from MA, but I don't treat everyone like crap. He's does not possess the people skills required in this business, nor the business sense to realize he usually only gets a customer "once", they don't come back after the first sour sale.

Buyer beware, they say. I won't buy from him again.

ORIGINAL: b16a2sir

Look at that... 2 sides to the story!!!

I will not let this deter me away from ETM.. I havent ordered from them yet, but I won't make this thread stop me if I choose to in the future.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
java8297

ORIGINAL: builttocrash

Look, every plane we own will eventually crash, just ask Mark. He crashes all the time. I've got videos of him too. I could post up video after video of him crashing and say, ''Hey look, its a Nitroplanes custom'' or ''Hey look, its a Sapac Custom''. They are out their I tell ya.

With regards his agenda. I guess Mark bought a F-15 from Curtis and told him that he would like to help Curtis' company improve by showcasing a plane of his. Curtis knew that ''Jets over Kentucky'' was coming up, so he said sure and sent him a SuperCat. The plane was fine, a little beat up and needed the tail stabilizer re-epoxied back on due to shipping (since the plane was already built). I guess Mark was expecting something awesome for FREE. As soon as he got it he had an attitude against Curtis, saying ''Look at the piece of #@$@''. Mark had me take the plane up and it flew awesome! Mark now wanted to try it and boom, he crashed it. I called Curtis up for him and Curtis said that he would send another fuselage to him. It was new but had a couple of hairline cracks in the fiberglass. (It was a return from another customer). It took Mark 3 months to put it back together and the only reason why he did, was because Curtis asked for the plane back if he wasn't going to fly it, video it and post in on RCG. Well Mark didn't like the ultimadium (sp?) and put it together and flew it.

During all of this, Mark got a beat up F-35 that accidentally had a 3s motor installed in it. It crashed on its Maiden because the motor burnt up. Curtis said that he would send him another motor, but gave up since it was taking Mark so long to get the Supercat together.

Mark paid me to put the F-35 together, but he is taking it out on Curtis which I don't agree with. Both of the planes in question in reality, cost Mark nothing had he put the F-35 together himself. But he doesn't know how to build.

After I crashed my L-39 on my Maiden flight, Mark said that he now had a video of the long awaited video of the Curtis special.

I said, ''What?'' You recorded that? See, I had him holding my camera to video it for ME, but he took his camera and gave it to one of his friends to record.

Against my wishes, he put this video up and is now selling the planes that he got from Curtis for free. Also, I don't agree with.

The question is....why are you so mad about the video...You said against your wishes.....If i was trying to promote this vendor , i guess i would not want that video public.....I will bet you the police in LA did want the Rodney King video out.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
builttocrash

ORIGINAL: java8297

Look, every plane we own will eventually crash, just ask Mark. He crashes all the time. I've got videos of him too. I could post up video after video of him crashing and say, ''Hey look, its a Nitroplanes custom'' or ''Hey look, its a Sapac Custom''. They areout their I tell ya.

With regards his agenda. Iguess Mark bought a F-15 from Curtis and told him that he would like to help Curtis' company improve by showcasing a plane of his. Curtis knew that ''Jets over Kentucky'' was coming up, so he said sure and sent him a SuperCat. The plane was fine, a little beat up and needed the tail stabilizer re-epoxied back on due to shipping (since the plane was already built). I guess Mark was expecting something awesome for FREE. As soon as he got it he had an attitude against Curtis, saying''Look at the piece of #@$@''.Mark hadmetake the plane up and it flew awesome! Mark now wanted to try it and boom, he crashed it. Icalled Curtis up for him and Curtis said that he would send another fuselage to him. It was new but had a couple of hairline cracks in the fiberglass. (It was a return from another customer). It took Mark 3 months to put it back together and the only reason why he did, was because Curtis asked for the plane back if he wasn't going to fly it, video it and post in on RCG. Well Mark didn't like the ultimadium (sp?) and put it together and flew it.

Mark paid me to put the F-35 together, but he is taking it out on Curtis which I don't agree with. Both of the planes in question in reality, cost Mark nothing had he put the F-35 together himself.But he doesn't know how to build.

I said, ''What?'' You recorded that? See, I had him holding my camera to video it for ME, but he took his camera and gave it to one of his friends to record.

The question is....why are you so mad about the video...You said against your wishes.....If i was trying to promote this vendor , i guess i would not want that video public.....I will bet you the police in LA did want the Rodney King video out.

Question is why are going against him? Its because you didn't get your way and you don't like being told what to do. Regardingmy question, itdoesn't need to be addressed as it doesn't warrant being asked the question in the first place, nor does it serve a purpose other than for you to try and shift the focus off of you.

Bottom line is Mark, you got your feelings hurt by "being told what to do" so that you now feel that you need to take it out on him. Look, if I gave you something expecting you to do a video on it, Iwould expect you to do it in a timely manner, and if you didn't, Iwould ask for my stuff back too. And if you still didn't do it, then why on earth would Ireplace a motor on something that I gave you for free?

You and Mike can play this game all you want, have fun posting in here, I'm done. Isaid what needed to be said so that everyone know the truth behind why you are upset at him.

Whether you are justified in it or not, the way you handled it truly shows your age, and it isn't 40 something.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
java8297

ORIGINAL: java8297

Look, every plane we own will eventually crash, just ask Mark. He crashes all the time. I've got videos of him too. I could post up video after video of him crashing and say, ''Hey look, its a Nitroplanes custom'' or ''Hey look, its a Sapac Custom''. They are out their I tell ya.

With regards his agenda. I guess Mark bought a F-15 from Curtis and told him that he would like to help Curtis' company improve by showcasing a plane of his. Curtis knew that ''Jets over Kentucky'' was coming up, so he said sure and sent him a SuperCat. The plane was fine, a little beat up and needed the tail stabilizer re-epoxied back on due to shipping (since the plane was already built). I guess Mark was expecting something awesome for FREE. As soon as he got it he had an attitude against Curtis, saying ''Look at the piece of #@$@''. Mark had me take the plane up and it flew awesome! Mark now wanted to try it and boom, he crashed it. I called Curtis up for him and Curtis said that he would send another fuselage to him. It was new but had a couple of hairline cracks in the fiberglass. (It was a return from another customer). It took Mark 3 months to put it back together and the only reason why he did, was because Curtis asked for the plane back if he wasn't going to fly it, video it and post in on RCG. Well Mark didn't like the ultimadium (sp?) and put it together and flew it.

Mark paid me to put the F-35 together, but he is taking it out on Curtis which I don't agree with. Both of the planes in question in reality, cost Mark nothing had he put the F-35 together himself. But he doesn't know how to build.

Question is why are going against him? Its because you didn't get your way and you don't like being told what to do. Regarding my question, it doesn't need to be addressed as it doesn't warrant being asked the question in the first place, nor does it serve a purpose other than for you to try and shift the focus off of you.

Bottom line is Mark, you got your feelings hurt by ''being told what to do'' so that you now feel that you need to take it out on him. Look, if I gave you something expecting you to do a video on it, I would expect you to do it in a timely manner, and if you didn't, I would ask for my stuff back too. And if you still didn't do it, then why on earth would I replace a motor on something that I gave you for free?

You and Mike can play this game all you want, have fun posting in here, I'm done. I said what needed to be said so that everyone know the truth behind why you are upset at him.

Whether you are justified in it or not, the way you handled it truly shows your age, and it isn't 40 something.

Why allow me to retort.......I have no beef with you......Your boy CURTIS makes this statement....this is is motto , his creed and I qoute.

All I asked him to do was honor his mission statement.....I can forgive the speaker wire and the wrong motor....all this would be fixed by a reputable vendor.....Curtis just hung up on me.....by the way is he still holding your piper cub hostage that you payed for.....

why are you so upset....Curtis has sucked many people into his twisted world...including myself....no shame in that...Your reputation is still intact with all of us guys at the field....You are a good pilot and a fantastic builder.....are the planes and the grief that you get from put yourself in with the likes of Curtis worth it. You are too good of a person for that.....you are too hard on yourself...

I like how curtis wont even help you defend himself........ get some backbone...man up....you can do it....one foot in front of the other....run forrest run.....iceburg dead ahead......she at full power captian......brake lose...fly like an eagle....dont soar with turkeys...for the love of god man.......wake up and smell the burning speaker wire....friends dont let friends RC @ easytiger

happy holidays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.