Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

axial or venom

Old 11-14-2009, 08:12 AM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: axial or venom

Creeper more bang for your buck..Buy it with the 2 stage crkc kit and get the lockers and your set!! Still cheapier then the axial
Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 AM
u)

ORIGINAL: rcslsafut

ya i have ddrove the axial, it was the one with all plastic . it just looked cheap havent seen the venom in person but it appears to be better built to me.
but this is the reason why i ask , i was hpoing that someone with both or that has had both could tell me . YA THIS ONE IS BETTER ,but im not sure like
i said im not at all afraid of a kit . i just dont want to buy a P O S the axail comes recomended but it just looks cheap to me . what you think?

The all plastic kit is the RTR from Axial and is garbage compared to the KIT Version of the AX-10. You cant possibly compare the RTR AX-10 to the Creeper, of course the creeper will look better.

To get at accurate comparison you need to compare the KIT AX-10 to the Creeper.

I have had my AX-10 for almost 2 years now (since they first came out) never broke or replaced anything except for 1 drive shaft because the rear tires were pinched in between 2 rocks and I wanted to see if it could make it out.

I ordered it from CKRCcrawlers.com with the Stage2 kit

I have about a little over a grand into it but could have done it for less than half that price..... maybe even as low as $300 or $400 because I already had a Spektrum DX3.0 and extra reveiver.

But in all honesty, my opinion is biased because I have never Driven a Creeper..... They will both have there pros and cons. Like someone mentioned earlier on this thread, its like Chevy VS. Ford.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 PM
rcslsafut

thanks, that guy . thats why i posted this cause i dont know crap about either on of these trucks .just seams they both have the lhs support so i can get parts if need .
and as i want to get a crawler , i would like to get as much info as i can BEFORE i buy one .
Old 11-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Shafted

Well I just got a Axial ARTR and last week put a Creeper together for a friend................. the Creeper's axles SUCK! The plastic threaded shocks will let the adjuster pop a few threads if pushed hard.... the lock/unlock feture is a big prob with it also, ALOT of people are having trouble with them.

The Axial ARTR has all the good stuff, straight rear axle, nice alum links, solid lockers...

I keep reading these threads that someone wants to get started with a crawler, people start telling them they need this and that, this truck has a DIG this one dont....

Most new people just needs a good solid truck, nothing special, no "comp" rig..... no DIG and so on. The Axial is just that, a simple solid truck... get the ARTR and add some good electronics and have FUN...

No need for a Brushless motor and Lipo's.............. just get a motor from an E-MAXX or any 21-27 turn 550 motor and run it with the stock gearing.
Get a good ESC that has instant reverse.
Get a 200oz servo and use the servo saver.

Or dont be afraid of the RTC truck, the plastic links are strong as all hell man, they flex insted of bend !

And have FUN !
Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Shafted

If you get the Axial ARTR I will trade you my rear 30* bent links for your front straight links...... or anyone else for that mater, just so they are Orange and come in good shape, mine are new never used.

I just dont like the looks of them, and I dont "rockcrawl" I do trails and woods running along with some Mud Bogging..... ;p

Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 PM
rcslsafut

thanks for the info, shafted. one thing about what u said though. i wouldnt buy another e maxx motor if it was free.
i have had the e maxx since it first came out almost and it has crap for motors . great at first but no longevity.
would rather just buy a good motor. i have at least three trinity motors those have been good. any way thanks again for the info!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Shafted

One thing my buds Creep has and lots of it is articulation..... if you like that kinda thing, I set it up full droop with no springs and inverted the shocks as it just looks cool and keeps them from ever leaking.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36947.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1315558  
Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
rcslsafut

omg, that is a ton of aticulation. thanks again for the info. been checking out other crawling web pages , that only seams to confuse me even more ,with talk of" dig " and other terms not sure
what they mean. then some say they like the losi or other brands i cant remember right now. i think i will keep me decision to the two trucks i mentioned at first .they seem to have
the biggest support at the lhs. there is not anything worse than have wait for parts from timbuktu .if you know what i mean.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Shafted

In the end its up to you, but in my most honest opinion I would say the Axial to start off with, you can find replacement parts in the smallest of shops, all over the net, no odd lock/unlock diffs and on and on. Its like a Chevy..... you may be a Mopar guy but man Chevy's have the parts and easy of swapping them.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 PM
DS

creeper axles do suck but its new!!! Everything has problems when it comes out...FLM LOCKER PROBLEM SOLVED!!!..
Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
rcslsafut

well im definately a chevy guy ,just for that reason . by the way, drs 92 ,what is flm ? stand for ,and are the axles the same for ax 10 and creeper?