Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts would you buy ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I would do buy Lado products ?
51.44%
No I would not buy Lado products ?
48.56%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Lado retracts would you buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:07 AM
vette_boy81
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts would you ?

I have a pair in my Hangar 9 Hellcat and they work great! I purchased mine right after they started doing business, and had no problem getting them.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set as some of you know and I have another set ordered for my Kyosho P-40 air racer project.
I ordered that set knowing the quality of Lados product and being VERY AWARE of the potential for a long delivery time.
So I will wait with patience until they arrive. I know they will get here and they will be a quality product when I get them.
Its been approx 6 weeks since our order was placed.
Hang in there Doug and family.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
yard-dart
My Feedback: (35)

I voted no. I'll stick with air. When I want something, I want it right now. I will not wait. Set air up the way it's supposed to be and it's flawless. There's very little that can go wrong if it's done right. With electrical, anything can go wrong. JMHO
Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: yard-dart
...............I'll stick with air.. ............Set air up the way it's supposed to be and it's flawless. There's very little that can go wrong if it's done right. With electrical, anything can go wrong. JMHO
Now there's a can of worms waiting to be jumped on. The various flaws with certain air operated retracts is the very reason Lado had good reason to start up business. I'm thinking their rotating retracts for H-9 warbirds are probably the best sellers, and they are without a doubt the easist to install in a H-9 warbird. Robarts, CJs. Sierra's all require some serious airframe mods before they can be installed.

1st off, wanna discuss "flawless" the Robart 615s? I don't, because I am one of the few who have grown to like them, but I'm sure you will have no trouble finding lots of others who have lots of bad things to say about them.

2nd: ever hear of air loss/ leaks? How about exploding air cannisters?

3rd: what about simplicity? I have to remember to pump my tank full before EVERY flight, or I risk not having enough when I need to bring my warbird back down. With electric: just plug 'em in and go. As long as I have a decent battery, I can fly all day long without having to do anything for the retracts.

4th: ever forget to bring your pump to the field? Nothing extra to bring with Lados
ORIGINAL: yard-dart
.............. When I want something, I want it right now. I will not wait................... JMHO
Some want it right now, others just want it right.

Enough from me for now, anybody else want to have a go at it?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 PM
JezP51

If you are going to start a survey of this sort, shouldn't you know how to spell the word "poll"?!?

IMHO you would have to be stark raving mad to buy from this company. Then again, we are a bunch of guys who like hanging around (often) damp fields flying little toy planes so....!!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
DMSMITH

I have been following this thread for a long time now, I to have ordered the 60 series from doug, and may be i was just lucky but i got them in 3 weeks. and that was just 3 months ago. Now that being said does any body know the real truth about what is realy going on. To much guessing. Iam not saying that his bed side manner is good about phone calls or E-mails. but i would order them again. I realy wish he would post a thread on what realy is going on and doing so would put out alot of fires.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:57 PM
bisso350

I would just like to have some communication from Doug. Have heard nothing from him or his company since I placed an order.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

"Now there's a can of worms waiting to be jumped on" (as far as air retracts)
I disagree , you can jump on the new 2.4 systems , lipos , and so many parts of this hobby that simply take patience .
I have nothing but air retracts , I started with Robart , moved to CJ and sierra .
I have not tried Lennys products as of yet , but I simply dont see the drama or difficulty at or with air retracts .
As far as the 615 , they served there purpose for there time . I had the original plastic rotating robarts , so the 615 with medal legs and air cylenders were a huge improvement for me .
Then I discovered CJs and soon discovered there weakness but learned how to fix tham (imagine that a learning experience from models )lol .
Then I found sierra , yes I do agree Darell can be non-responsive but like so many on RCU , we tend to email some of these guys with bothersome questions and never buy a thing .
There is guy(not in this current forum ) who spues negativity on RCU in every forum and I have yet to see one post of his that shows a build , a model or current project and yet he expects responces from the suppliers .
Bottom line , retracts are a luxary , its that simple , regardless of the brand luxarys need an understanding and experience to tweek , fix , adjust ect .
Sure sure , I know Lados were the new IBM lol , flawless ect , but they have not been around long enought for all the RC moles to start really giving good market feedback . Only a few have reported on long term use , three or more flying seasons ect .

As stated its a hobby all new ventures bring on more challenges and we can say "well there was a need" in 10 years we may be saying "ya I cant imgine flying without mu voice command transmitter , wow stick must have been so difficult "
Trust me technoligy is only limited by our imagination , do you really think with all the people drinving cars and texting and new laws banning testing and use of cell phones that total hands free communication -i mean total is not in the near (few years away ) voice activated texting !!!

Because its a hobby , I pay my small rc vendors in advance , my reputation is flawless and I thank them over and over . I just ordered a new CMP Bf109 spinner from Ty Brown , what a great small business guy , I paid him weeks in advance why ? because i knew 100% I could trust him , I paid him and said you ship me when your ready , I dont need you to rush , but I knew based on his honest communication if would be withen a month and sure enought it was shipped in a seemless manner .
Same with parts from CJ , orders from Sierra and little tiny eletric parts suppliers .
I pay IMP scale in advance and I add my own shipping on small parts , again why , because I trsut the guy and you know what he exceeds my expecttaions every time !!!
That is good side of this hobby , good little guys making a small amount of money that we can really appreciate .
Even ordered from Down Under small parts for my Fw190 , paid in advance , never been burned from these single business operators , and did not get the 5 hour drama story , we all men on this site , at leaste that is what most of the post show , so lets cut the drama crap , a business is a business , you pay , you receive and you call it a day !!!! personally I dont give two rats ....... on new fledging business , if its new and not ready to ship , then dont take orders , this is America we perform as expected or beyond , any thing less is not the Red , White and Blue !!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:12 PM
flemsus

I think my biggest problem is that when I ordered a set of 60-6 Electric Retract 85'(Wide) PAIR, they "were in stock". That was on 2009-10-08.
Then after several mail's and call's to Doug, he promised they were shipped. 2 weeks later I got a Track & Confirm from USPS, that was 2009-10-30. But nothing has actually been shipped yet. Then after some more mails and calls, I got mail from Doug 2009-11-12. He would need about 2 weeks to get my order done. But after reading the old thread I decided to make a paypal dispute, because I was getting close to the 45 day limit. Now Doug say's that he will likely cancel my order and give me a refund, but I told him the dispute can go for 20 day's. So I really hope he can make my retract set.

But never like this again, I hope. When the web shows IN STOCK, it should be something you could trust. Would an honest man accept a payment when he knows that he can not deliver?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 PM
jim pettis

I voted no based on my past and ongoing experiences with Lado.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_84...tm.htm#9269674

It's a shame really, because he does have a really good product, that is more affordable and easier to deal with than air retracts.

Doug...if you do happen to see this...

WE DON'T MIND WAITING.....JUST TALK TO US!!!!!

I would buy again in a heart beat, but I'm going to sit back at this time, and keep an eye on these threads until I see some positive results.

Also, will continue to call and email, and check the "stock status" as well. I'm putting together a H9 Spitfire, and his 60-1's would be great. However, even the most trusting of us at this point should hesitate to send $170 into what has largely amounted a black hole of poor service.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 PM
jim pettis

Breaking news from Doug himself at Lado_Tech.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_84...tm.htm#9269674

Page 34, post 847.

Seems he's picking up his toys and going home.

Shame really.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 AM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: JezP51

If you are going to start a survey of this sort, shouldn't you know how to spell the word ''poll''?!?

IMHO you would have to be stark raving mad to buy from this company. Then again, we are a bunch of guys who like hanging around (often) damp fields flying little toy planes so....!!
OK so I take it you never made a typo ? I don't mind you pointing that out, but could have gone without your little condescending attitude
Old 11-22-2009, 03:07 AM
lightning 759

hi
i have a pair in a thunder tiger bearcat,lot less hassle than connectig everytime.
very happy with mine
will purchase again

andy
Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 AM
JezP51

Yes I have made typos. "Pole" is, however, a spelling mistake. Sorry to sound condescending but use a dictionary!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I voted no only because there was not a maybe option. I placed an order on Oct 2nd 2008 for 2 sets of the 60-6s and 2 sets of the delay controllers. I got the 2 sets of retracts on Nov 14th, 2008. However, both set were not the sets I ordered. I called Doug and he credited my paypal account $25 to cover shipping them back plus a little for the inconvience. He said i would have the right ones shipped out next week. I waited a month and no retracts. Sent e-mails and phone calls with no response.

He finally called me about 2 weeks later and I got the excuses as to why and said again they will be shipped next week. Next week never came. Waited another month. Same deal. Got an email in January of 2009 saying they were shipped. No tracking number but just stating they were shipped. I waited 2 weeks and no retracts. I called and left a message about not getting them. He did call me back that day. He said they were shipped and I asked him for the tracking number. He could not come up with one. He said he would need to research it and get back to me. The next day he called and said they did not go out and would go out next week (here we go again). I waited another month and still nothing. I called again and left a message. He called be back again with excuses and a promise of next week. A month later I called and left a message again. He called me back and said the retracts only were going out that day but it would be another month for the delay controllers. He shipped them next day air. He gave me the tracking number and I finally got the right ones the next day.

I e-mailed him around August 2009 asking about the delay controllers. He responded saying they were still not in and did not know when. It is now going on 14 months for them. I don't expect to see them any time soon. I would like to get my money back but I also want these controllers. So I keep waiting. It would be my luck I get my money back and then they would be available.

All I can say is he has a great product when you do get them. He seems like a nice and honest guy. He seems to want to do the right things but unfortunately his execution of doing the right thing is missing. We talked on the phone about his customer service and his response time to e-mails and calls. He basically said he knows that is a big problem and there are so many he can't get to them all. The more time he spends on those the less time he has to make and fill his orders. He needs more people but with all the money spent on equipment, bigger shop, etc it just isn't in the budget.

i would like to buy from him again but it is tough to do so due to the terrible customer service. So it is either order them 6 months to a year before I even think of starting that project or go with another brand.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:43 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree with the no side. I do not want to tie up a large sum of money and then get stuck in the hassel of trying to get what I ordered. I get very frustrated with companies and people that play the just wait a week game, just not worth the agrivation. I do hope that someday he gets it together as it sounds like he has a great product and I would not mind trying them. Good Luck, Dave
Old 11-22-2009, 10:48 AM
YAT-28E

I was watching with anticiapation of this product as i would love to use them. But, as i have seen in other businesses, the craftsman who makes these great products often does not have the business savy to move them and offer the customer service that is needed.

I wish all the best of luck and hope the product will be around when I am ready for them.

Keep on trucking Doug! i am waiting for a 1/6 size retract system!

I know someone working on a sound sysem for electric models . I will certainley use the info gathered here to make sure that his business flourishes, and stay away from some of the RC biz negatives and keep everyone happy!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Tommy_Gun

ORIGINAL: jim pettis

Seems he's picking up his toys and going home.

Shame really.
According to what I read he is restructuring his business to try and improve the situation.

How how do you come to the conclusion in the quote?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes I have made typos. ''Pole'' is, however, a spelling mistake. Sorry to sound condescending but use a dictionary!

Correct, "pole" instead of "poll" is a spelling mistake. Also correct, you have made typos. I only had to search one of your massive total of eleven posts here at RCU to find one as a matter of fact. See below. Sorry if this sounds condescending but proof read your posts! Better yet, go away.

I personally would not buy a loaf of bread from such an outfit in the future - I am lucky and received a full PayPal refund for my retracts that failed to materialize after five weeks and multiple broken promises from the company - and any potentail purchaser needs to think VERY VERY carefully before going ahead.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
ZERO-322

I read it the same way you did this move may prove to help him or be his final undoing, on the one hand it would free him up to concentrate on design and manufacture and possibly help in producing a larger volume of product which would satisfy a larger customer base, keeping everyone happy, on the other hand if he can't keep his distributors stocked then they would get fed up with him and leave, A distributor is only going to put up with it for so long before they start losing business and getting a bad rap for things that are not in there control, not only that but who would you have to blame then ? lado ? the distributor ? who ? then you add to the fact now the same set cost more because the distributor has to mark up the product so it cost more but your still dealing with the same customer service nightmare, eventually everyone will get fed up and never buy Lado again. Adding another link to the chain is not always a good thing, Lado would blame the distributor and the distributor would blame Lado will you as a customer care ? of course not ! but now instead of 200 dollars being tied up you would have shelled allot more to be disappointed in the same way
Old 11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
NUMB LOCK
My Feedback: (3)

I voted Yes but I will have to change my vote.

I have 3 sets of Lados.
Waited for my first set of retracts for approx. 9 months. Canceled that and got a refund.
Purchased and received 2 sets from Lado when he had them in his inventory on his web site.
Got my last set from Magnum LLC.

However, if you haven't seen the latest EFlite ARF, the Beechcraft Bonanza 15e, you should take a look at its preview video...
cuz it comes with newly designed EFlite Electric Retracts...shown about 4.5 mins. into the video.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL2575

It was going to happen...competition is always good.
And when EFlite starts selling these...well I guess I should revote and cast a No Vote.

Bob I.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
ZERO-322

Thanks Chad !
Old 11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
JezP51

Do I know you?!?

What business of yours is this?!?

May I suggest you return to reading your comics.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
jim pettis

It would be nice to see a large scale, reputable distributor start offering this type of electric retracts. With the advances of motors and electronics and circuitry, there is no reason why we are limited to either mechanical or air retracts.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
iflircaircraft

I didn't vote because at this point I have a 'wait and see' attitude.
That's my take on this situation.

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.