Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Fokker D7 With A New Look

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Hanger 9 Fokker D7 With A New Look

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:28 AM
At_Your_Six

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Fokker D7 With A New Look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrpZw2YmZyI

Hello everyone! Some of you have seen the Hanger 9 Fokker D7 and some of you may fly one but Burff Tunnel's H9 D7 has one that is truly one of a kind. Burff has completely customize his and he did a outstanding job. It may have started out as an ARF but it now is truly a work of art!

Enjoy!

Six
Old 11-27-2009, 10:16 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hanger 9 Fokker D7 With A New Look

Very nice looking model! I can never quite understand this idea of taking an ARF and doing a full scale make-over on it. But I've seen some excellent example of this even in Flying Scale Models and it's clearly top-notch scale modeling.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:01 PM
At_Your_Six

Hi abufletcher,

Thank you, Burff will be happy to see these comments. I can only say that some guys are more into the finshing of a model than building one from the plans up. Burff is an artist in real life so I can see why he wanted to add his own look to this model. Thanks for watching!

Six
Old 11-28-2009, 12:37 AM
abufletcher

Most WWI kits can probably be framed up in a couple of weeks of evening work...or even less. I think I had the bulk of the Puppeteer kit together in about a week. Add another week or so to install the engines/servos/radio and do some modifications and then it's on to covering and painting and detailing. Total time was about six weeks for a sport scale WWI model.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:09 AM
eagledancer

ORIGINAL: abufletcher

Very nice looking model! I can never quite understand this idea of taking an ARF and doing a full scale make-over on it. But I've seen some excellent example of this even in Flying Scale Models and it's clearly top-notch scale modeling.
i totally agree, not to bash arfs BUT to spend that much time detailing a airframe that wont last more then a couple seasons just doesnt make sense to me
Old 11-28-2009, 08:17 AM
abufletcher

ORIGINAL: abufletcher
...to spend that much time detailing a airframe that wont last more then a couple seasons just doesnt make sense to me
Hmm...by that yardstick, I've pretty much wasted my time on every model I've built!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:22 AM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think it looks Great!!
he also decided to BUILD a 1/3 scale version so it's really cool that he has a plane to which he can become fully acqaiunted with till that project is done.

and oh yeah, he didn't insult us all by doing it with electric.............i literally detest electric powered WW1 planes. especially those little ones that have electric motors that sound like .020's screaming around
Old 11-28-2009, 01:17 PM
At_Your_Six

Hi summerwind,

His model is glow powered four stroke 82. You can't hear it because of all the other bigger engines flying and on the ground running. WE DON"T DO ELECTRIC UNLESS THEY ARE OUTSTANDING MODELS!

Thanks for watching!

six
Old 11-28-2009, 01:53 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL six,
that was the first thing i looked for too[sm=thumbup.gif]..........i could see smoke trails on the footage

i think he did an excellent job of finishing, and especially flying...he used good throttle management, which is key to flying these old birds along with knowing how to use the rudder.

i see a lot of crashed WW1 birds due to lack of throttle management and use of the rudder.

Eagledancer posted his video awhile back of his Camel, and you could see the discipline in management/rudder use.