Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

midway between micro and 450 size

Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

midway between micro and 450 size

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
dennisef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default midway between micro and 450 size

I have been flying the AXE cp and Blade cppro for a while now. I am just past the good hover stage and practicing the turns. These helis with the ETR drop altitude when turning so the practice gets fouled up.
So as I look at a different heli, 450 or so, I wonder if any makes a bigger version of something as straight forward as the AXE.. Simple setup and maintanence, no pitch curve settings and so on. I have considered the Blueray 450 for some time now but don't want to become a slave to the setups and the real techy end of the sport. The BR 450 is the nicest one I have read up on but if I were to loose interest, I don't want it sitting around doing nothing with the money tied up in it.
I figured that you might know what it out there.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:17 AM
ChargerDude70
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: midway between micro and 450 size

I would like to tackle the hobby aspect of this first. You mention that you dont want to get a bird more technical or that cost more money because your affraid of getting bored. Well, just the fact that you want to further your flying abilities show you have the interest. I dont believe you will get bored. Frustrated maybe, but not bored. That being said, if it were me, I would be looking at one of the clone Trex 450's. They are cheap and will fly better than your current abilities and good enough to further them. Sure, you have to do some assembly and setup. But after you are done, you will know all about the bird and be prepared to fix it in the event of a crash (repair parts are cheap as well). Plus, there are so many others on this and other chat sites that will be more than willing to help you. I personally have an EXI 450. You may want to take a look at the following webpage. Entertaining and informative.

http://www.mikeysrc.com/Low-Cost-450-Heli.html
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: midway between micro and 450 size

I think the BR 450 is a good step up for you when you don't want to build on your own. A big part of flying heli is about the understanding the mechanic and getting your hand dirty and do some fixing.

there are great helps from here on the BR450 http://www.youtube.com/blueray450

Andy