Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

what a train wreck........
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dhal22

what a train wreck........
lol "Well said!"
Old 11-29-2009, 07:38 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ZERO-322,

In spit of my frustration, I might buy from him again once the gear is Robo Strut ready, he has his delivery time down to a month or less and he has some type of product support. For right now, No.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:01 PM
thedeeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to throw more wood on this fire but I ordered mine 3 months ago and got them 2 - 2 1/2 weeks after placing the order. A friend ordered his a week after I did and he still hasn't gotten his (now going on 3 months). I was about to order another set after he placed his order but after hearing everyone elses issues and speaking with my friend, I decided not to. Being a business owner myeslf who lives and dies by good customer service and communicating with my clients, going through the wait and no communication with him would drive me crazy. I did attempt to contact him regarding the $50 back but as everyone said, no contact from him. So I just decided to drop it. Sadly, my company attorney did say that there is cause for a class action suit to get him to honor the $50 and he'd be happy to file it (lawyers), I assured him it was NOT necessary and not that big a deal. Yes, very good product, but very poor delivery. It looks like Horizon is right on his heals so I think in the time it will take him to get back on track (I'm thinking 2 to 3 months), Horizon will probably announce their larger versons. I've looked inside one and fundamentaly the mechanics are pretty straight forward. And you can be sure that Robart has got something in the works also. So it's only a matter of time before a more reliable company releases them.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
olflyr

I ordered my retracts on Oct. 7th and other than an automated reply with an order number, I have heard nothing from Lado. Have emailed them several times with no reply and when I check my order status, it is the same as it was on Oct. 8th. The gear I ordered showed "in stock" at the time, otherwise I would have never placed the order. What I don't understand is why Lado doesn't simply email customers and let them know when to expect their order and if the wait is too long , offer a refund.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:53 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I received the parts Doung promised in the mail today. Two of the brass trunions, the parts with the teeth into which the strut is incerted. In addition he included the aluminum clamps that hold down the trunions and set screw even thow I didn't ask for them, all at no charge. Thanks Doug. I'll have the gear repaired tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:02 PM
rcyogi

Well, more positive news. I hope this continues.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 AM
gibbo12

Have emailed them several times with no reply
I have left a message on the answer phone no return call
The gear I ordered showed "in stock" at the time, otherwise I would have never placed the order.
Ordered on 16 Oct
I filed a complaint via pay paypal

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the BuyerComplaint described below. We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover anyfunds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed. Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds inquestion if they become available in the seller's account in the future,and will take appropriate action against the seller.

No refund as yet
no retracts as yet not a happy bunny
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: 82blackbird

ORIGINAL: RBean

So what if your voice mail was down? What difference does it make since as far as I know you never return phone calls anyway. At lest not mine. Still need a part to repair gear but can't get it. Obviously I'm not worth your trouble.

Again by RBean;
I actually got a phone call from Doug, about 3:00pm today Pennsylvania time. He said he was just making sure what parts I needed and that they would be on their way. We will see. I will let every one know what happens.

I'd say an apology was in order by RBean......

RBean said;
"I received the parts Doung promised in the mail today. Two of the brass trunions, the parts with the teeth into which the strut is incerted. In addition he included the aluminum clamps that hold down the trunions and set screw even thow I didn't ask for them, all at no charge. Thanks Doug. I'll have the gear repaired tomorrow. "

Well?????????????????

Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM
forestroke

ORIGINAL: gibbo12

Have emailed them several times with no reply
I have left a message on the answer phone no return call
The gear I ordered showed ''in stock'' at the time, otherwise I would have never placed the order.
Ordered on 16 Oct
I filed a complaint via pay paypal

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the BuyerComplaint described below. We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover anyfunds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed. Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds inquestion if they become available in the seller's account in the future,and will take appropriate action against the seller.

No refund as yet
no retracts as yet not a happy bunny
i feel for you. i had something like this happen to me where the seller (ebay) didn't ship and i lodged a complaint. paypal ruled in my favor but could also not refund my money. the seller (i went all the way from taiwan to his town in n.carolina to see if i could reason with him) refused to ship (not that he would've anyway in my belief) and refused to return any money. four years later, i'm still out the money. i'm out much much more than a set of dougs retracts but still, i know it hurts. i hope that paypal will do better with you!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 AM
bisso350

I am in the same boat as you gibbo12. No retracts, that were were in stock, paypal unable to return money, and no communication from Doug.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

"i feel for you. i had something like this happen to me where the seller (ebay) didn't ship and i lodged a complaint. paypal ruled in my favor but could also not refund my money. the seller (i went all the way from taiwan to his town in n.carolina to see if i could reason with him) refused to ship (not that he would've anyway in my belief) and refused to return any money. four years later, i'm still out the money. i'm out much much more than a set of dougs retracts but still, i know it hurts. i hope that paypal will do better with you! "

Well, I sure hope you left North Carolina with bloody knuckles, I sure would have!!!!!!! At least you would have got some satisfaction out of it!!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

C'mon, Horizon or Great Planes or Top Flite, manufacture and sell some good quality electric retracts!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
forestroke

ORIGINAL: 82blackbird

''i feel for you. i had something like this happen to me where the seller (ebay) didn't ship and i lodged a complaint. paypal ruled in my favor but could also not refund my money. the seller (i went all the way from taiwan to his town in n.carolina to see if i could reason with him) refused to ship (not that he would've anyway in my belief) and refused to return any money. four years later, i'm still out the money. i'm out much much more than a set of dougs retracts but still, i know it hurts. i hope that paypal will do better with you! ''

Well, I sure hope you left North Carolina with bloody knuckles, I sure would have!!!!!!! At least you would have got some satisfaction out of it!!
i should've brought you along! thanks for the support! but i'm pretty much given up on him.

as a warning, there are tons of people that have a bunch of good ratings selling cheap things on ebay... if they suddenly have a new item that is hundreds, even thousands of dollars, i'd definitely NOT give them the benefit of the doubt. while i was certain that paypal was doing good on its guarantees these days, from the sound of it, that may not be true. until someone gets arrested because they didn't pay paypal, i think this kind of fraud will continue.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
HAPPILOT

c 550 I rec'd some 60-2 rotaters in August I installed them in a 5 cell flight pack thy worked during install testing but one quit working and smoked. I talked to Doug He said they should work fine but did have some fail around 8 volts . He said he would
ship out replacements asap but I also have not rec'd them yet HUGH
Old 12-09-2009, 11:11 AM
gibbo12

I will be sending lado an email everyday requesting a refund
I will no longer use paypal until I get my refund

I will update this thread as to any future progress

I am truly disappointed
Old 12-11-2009, 02:04 PM
jim pettis

ORIGINAL: RBean

I received the parts Doung promised in the mail today. Two of the brass trunions, the parts with the teeth into which the strut is incerted. In addition he included the aluminum clamps that hold down the trunions and set screw even thow I didn't ask for them, all at no charge. Thanks Doug. I'll have the gear repaired tomorrow.
I sent an email asking for the same parts over a month ago. He responded within two days asking for shipping info. Since then, nothing. I send 2 emails a week just as a "gentle" reminder, and have not heard back since his 1st reply.

Don't even want them for free, every email I've sent has said I'm willing to pay parts cost and postage.

Starting to think RBean was just plain lucky.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:53 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hugh,

Thanks for the info. I intend to bench test my rotators with a 5 cell pack when I get some room on my workbench(that day may never come).

Regards,

Dave
Old 12-12-2009, 10:28 AM
TimJ

IT IS REALLY TOO BAD THE MODERATOR CLOSED MY WARNING TOPIC. HE COULD AT LEAST CHANGE THE TITLE ON THIS TREAD TO HAVE A WARNING IN THE TITLE. IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. BELOW IS MY THREAD THAT WAS CLOSED.

I ordered a set of gear from LADO 7 months ago. I was told they would ship. I never received the gear. I called again thinking Doug may have forgot or something. He said he would ship them out. Never received a package. After that I sent several emails with no response back from LADO. I have tried calling, but no one picks up the phone anymore. Normally I would not rant like this, but I think after not receiving my paid for product, and not getting any communication back from LADO, I feel it is a must to warn people about dealing with LADO.

It may be that I am the only one this has happened to, and if that is the case, then I will ask a moderator to delete my post after a period of time.

Does anyone else have this same issue with LADO?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:54 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The solution to this problem is to not order products from sketchy vendors. I know it is an attractive product but this is just too common in this industry. It seems us modelers have to have the latest and greatest right now. If Lado had no orders or even prospective orders, that would send the real message. But pilots continue to send him money and get nothing back. Since we have these threads to learn from others mis fortune maybe that is what we should do and not place orders from them.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

I got a dumb question that may be some of you guys could answer, since we last heard from Doug he said that he would not be selling directly to customers but rather a 3rd party vendor, so what would be the point of his current website ? more importantly why if that was your plan would you not update the website to state what your current or very near future plans are for your business ?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 PM
TimJ

That does not excuse him from not delivering to his PAID customers.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Michael211

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

The solution to this problem is to not order products from sketchy vendors. I know it is an attractive product but this is just too common in this industry. It seems us modelers have to have the latest and greatest right now. If Lado had no orders or even prospective orders, that would send the real message. But pilots continue to send him money and get nothing back. Since we have these threads to learn from others mis fortune maybe that is what we should do and not place orders from them.
And who would you suggest we order equivelant gear from then? The problem is that there is nobody else manufacturing this type of product that competes against LADO-Tech so it's the LADO gear or plain mechanical retracts (cheap and typically not very sturdy) or air retracts (expensive and requires alot of extra stuff like air tank and air pump and valves etc.).

Nobody else I know of is making a competing product to the LADO gear... if well managed, LADO-Tech should dominate the market in these kinds of self-contained electric retracts and would have buyers lining up for their product in droves. But apparently poor management is giving the company, if not the actual product, a terrible reputation.

My Christmas wish at this point would be that Doug would sell LADA-Tech to somebody who could and would run things properly. He's got a great product on his hands, but he doesn't appear able to manage the company right. As he once posted on here, he's good at engineering retractable landing gear... but a good engineer does not make for a competent business owner, evidentally.

idk.

- Michael
Old 12-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Michael211

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

I got a dumb question that may be some of you guys could answer, since we last heard from Doug he said that he would not be selling directly to customers but rather a 3rd party vendor, so what would be the point of his current website ? more importantly why if that was your plan would you not update the website to state what your current or very near future plans are for your business ?
Obviously, only Doug can answer that... why don't you contact him and ask? LOL!

Yeah good luck with that. [:-]

He's got a great product, but seems to be a victim of his own success.

- Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.