Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

TROUBLE WITH THE BELL 47!

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

TROUBLE WITH THE BELL 47!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:06 AM
tundra_flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TROUBLE WITH THE BELL 47!

I need help with a Hirobo Bell 47 g-2 of the early 90's It uses a HGE 20 EH hirobo engine with a six volt ignition system and i have never been able to get it to run smooth enough or develope enough power for flight......what a shame as she is still new...does anyone know where i could get or substitue an ignition system for this 20cc gasser engine ? as i know parts are not available anymore through Hirobo.......I have tried all the obvious things like changing spark plugs fuel mixture settings even oil type and ratio's but still the same rough service above 1/3 throttle ....I have even played with the timming and nothing seems to change its running behavior! HELP GUYS!! thanks.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:29 AM
heli143
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: TROUBLE WITH THE BELL 47!

THE man who would know the answers to this is Bill Meador from Mississippi.
He is known as a gasser guru. I know he is a member on runryder so you could email or PM him there.
He is a gentleman and bends over backwards to help others.
try contacting him.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:04 PM
tundra_flight

Thank you for your response about the guru!!! lol runryder huh? seems like i have posted there before, i will try again.....its always good to have the "brains" give there input...i only wish now i could just send him the dang thing as im kind of burned out on it for the moment and would like nothing more but to see this 1/6 scale beauty gooooo...........Thanks again Jon.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:10 PM
rudiix

Hi There,

Sorry i can't help you with your Bell. I justed wanted to say that have one of these also. I bought in the late eighties I think, set it up and hovered it for a littlle while then retired it to hang of the ceiling for about 15 years. I have now taken it down and am giving it a complete rebuild. It's never tipped or crashed and looks great. I am trying to make it look a little more scale and have added rivets to the body work and will work on a new interior.

I'd love to know how you go with yours and would love to see some pics.
If you want you can email me on [email protected].

Hope you get it running well soon, mine has the same engine however I have lost the engine manual. Would u have one that I could get a copy of.

Regards
Rudy
Old 07-03-2006, 11:30 AM
heli143
My Feedback: (6)

tundra,
so you got no help on RR???

here is another site which Bill frequents and it is for scale helicopters only, so I know someone there will be able to help you.

http://www.scalerchelis.com/forum/index.php

good luck. if you are still unable to find assistance, PM or email me and I will find Bill's email address for you.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Crazy Ant

HI
I used to work on lawnmowers, whipper snipperss(basic Gassers) etc. and on all of theese, I have replaced the electronic ignitions with after market one's. They are about 20mm square and about 4mm thick and are available from most lawnmower outlets esay to replace!! cost about $10-20.
Hope it works for you, Cheers
Old 08-18-2006, 10:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

You might try shooting an email to Jeff Green, he's the US importer for Hirobo at MRC

[email protected] it may be before his time but you never know, he might be able to point you in the right direction, god it would be cool taking a crack at getting that going though.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:28 PM
charly 12

Hi tundra
I just come back in RCU forum, perhaps it's too late for a help, I also had for a many years a Bell 47 from Hirobo, if you can, replace the HGE 20 by the ZENOAH G2D I did that so the Bell 47 flown perfectly.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
lawrencelkl

Hi All,

I just got an old Hirobo Bell 47G last weekend. May I know if any of you can help me gettign the engine manual?
This is my frist gasser and obviously manual will help a lot.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Lawrence
Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
pa18135

HI Lawrence,If I were you I would try to find this BELL 47 Manual from a Hirobo Dealer or directly from the Factory in Japan.The Part # for this Manual is 0405-344 just to make sure we are talking the same helicopter see my gallery PA18135 By the way you will love flying a GASSER Heli. Hoping This will help. CLAUDE.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 AM
lawrencelkl

Hi Claude,

Hirobo replied me via email. Obviously they do not have the manual nor any parts anymore.

Lawrence