Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:29 AM
blackyz250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Do you have distance problem with your 2.4ghz? It seem like i don't get as much distance like I get with my FM transmitter.

ORIGINAL: f0rmula_2001

Is your antenna pulled all the way up? it sounds like you are getting some interference. I had some trouble with that before i switched to 2.4ghz. Does it do more if you turn the radio off?
Old 11-19-2009, 08:07 AM
f0rmula_2001

The big block is going to to wicked fast. I have a 18tz and its got to much power. I was thinking of goin with a big block but they limit the class to .20 or smaller for racing. So I got an 18tm that worked great till the rear bearing retainer broke then I got the tz. Its pretty easy to mod to fit in.

I had the FM transmitter pretty far, and the traxxas 2.4ghz just about as far without running out of signal. I just got a new DX3S but havent range tested it yet. The receiver kept going into bind mode every time I turned it on, so I had to send it in. So far I am not very impressed with their customer service.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

i have a old rusty that i use to let my dog chase and i use spektrum in it and it has no problem out to atleast 2 city blocks away , my son has a dx3s and he broke the antenae off the radio i sent it in and had it back in 5 working days, not bad service,horizon is usually really good about getting stuff in and out pretty fast.

ya the BB conversion is gonna be insane, we just bash out slayers tho, so it might just get a OS vg30 lol
Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 AM
wolfie1

to macoselic i have read on a thread somewhere here, i really think its this 1 about some guy having the exact same problem ur talkin about and it turned out a round bitty broke off the inside of his steering servo

the slayer has a space for a second steering servo yea, instead of fitting a second 1 for more torque why not buy 1 really high torque 1 cause the vehicle would be lighter and you would get longer run times before the hump pack went dead
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
twohammersoffun

sweet thanks man it turnedout to be that same thing but in the throttel servo
Old 11-27-2009, 10:35 AM
PondBoater

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of pulling the 3.3 out of my slayer. I fear that I may have gotten some dirt/sand in the cylinder when changing the glow plug. I decided the take apart the engine and give it a good cleaning to be safe.. plus it gives me a chance to inspect the internals. I've got the engine out of the truck, EZ start is off, muffler is off, cooling head is off, and piston sleeve is out.... how do I get the shaft and the piston out. I'm kinda stuck at this point. This is my first time taking the engine apart and I don't know if there are some tricks to the disassembly that I should be aware of. Could anyone provide some advice or guidance on where to go from here?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 AM
f0rmula_2001

Have you pulled the back plate off? then you pull the piston off the crank drop it out the top. then the crankshaft comes out the back. The front bearing should come out easy. The back one you will have to heat the crankcase up to get the block out. [link]http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/TRX33_explode.pdf[/link]here is a link to the exploded view.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
twohammersoffun

i was doing some top speed passes 67 km/h and no i think the piston or sleeve is cooked how hard is it to spin the flywheel?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 AM
f0rmula_2001

i was doing some top speed passes 67 km/h and no i think the piston or sleeve is cooked how hard is it to spin the flywheel?
It should be hard to spin through a section of the rotation. That is caused by the pinch of the piston. Take the glowplug out and see if you can turn it. If your piston is cooked it will be quite easy to spin the flywheel. you could have possibly broke a conrod but then you would probably have a hole in the side of your block. 67km/h is 42mph isnt as fast as it can go if you still have the stock gearing you should be able to hit like 72km/h(45mp/h).
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 AM
twohammersoffun

i turnsout that the con rod didnt compleatly break but chunks broke off  bu the ristpin insibe the piston
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Superdave9206

Had the same problem after only 3 weeks of running and Traxxas replaced my engine for free.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
twohammersoffun

ya those chunks went through the piston but enyway do u know how and what kind of wheels and tiers that are about the same in hight but wider
Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 PM
f0rmula_2001

If they replace your traxxas motor i would ebay it and get something new. You can usually find a 18tz on there for around 100 new. a $5 part and a simple cut of the crank you have an engine that beats the traxxas motor in every aspect hands down.

As for the tires, all the aftermarket tires are a little bigger than the stock ones and have quite a bit more traction.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
TheKaiman

What does it take to make one of these bump box friendly.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:47 AM
f0rmula_2001

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. I just havent really wanted to take a risk on buying the OFNA T-start for 80-90 or the RDlogocs box for more and have them not work that well. Its all been mixed reviews on both, so i have been waiting.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:37 AM
twohammersoffun

will a revo or t-max tire fit with body mods
Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
f0rmula_2001

No the arms on the slayer are too short. You can fit some 30 series LPR tires like to Panther Komodos with a little body trimming. I would just stick to stock replacements or buggy tires. What reason are you looking to have bigger tires, if I might ask?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM
twohammersoffun

i want a wider tire so it will sit more on top of the sand insted of digging in so much on the hill ciimbs and i thought it might be kinda cool
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Superdave9206

Has anybody tried the HPI Blitz tires?  They look great!! They would fit our stock rims, I think, but I don't know if their rims would fit our trucks.
They use 12mm hex.  They are alot cheaper than other tires on e-bay.  Look in to it gang,  I am.

Superdave
Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
PondBoater

Thanks! That was a big help.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:41 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

yea the tires form the blitz will fit fine, we run the hpi tires on our corr trucks, they seen to be the best of the 4 brands that we are allowed to run AE,losi,traxxas,hpi
Old 12-06-2009, 10:57 AM
mgtwpicco27

Alright, here I am. A new slayer owner. I just picked up two used slayers off of craigslist for 250.00 with 4 bodies and 4 sets of tires. Yes they need some work, and no I'm not a noob. I got one truck put together completely and switched it to pull start, have not gotten it fired up yet, but I already like the trucks. I think I am going to just keep the other truck for parts, maybe just completely tear it down and clean and re build it, maybe customize it as I like. Slowly. I like the idea of having a second truck that I can take apart and when it is ready just switch the motor over, that way I can work on one at my own pace and still have one to drive. I couldn't believe I got these for 250.00. 2 slayers.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:23 PM
f0rmula_2001

You definently got a good deal on those. Most of the parts are fairly reasonable to make them run great. Like it be said over and over again, swaybars,, springs, shock fluid are must upgrades. If you have the shocks apart you might as well get the variable shock valves too. Axle carriers if you have teh older ones. CD/rear brake is another one that really helps with track driveability.
I recently have been working on a second slayer that I got from my brother, he gets all his stuff for free but never really uses it so he gave it to me. I am in the process of converting it to electric. I am working on an engine mount that is in the center over the rear shocks so i can run a battery on each side. This will be my first electric besides my stock slash. I dont really have any interest in electric but there is snow on the ground here for 5-6 months out of the year here so I need my winter fix.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Superdave9206

Do the Blitz wheels fit, or will I have to get some slayer wheels and blitz tires?

David
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 PM
mgtwpicco27

deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.