Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

new Turnigy26 rear carb...spark problem

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

new Turnigy26 rear carb...spark problem

Old 11-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Turnigy26 rear carb...spark problem

Hello experts

I have one of the new turnigh26cc rear carb engines installed in a Ultimate bipe. When I went to run the engine for the first time it would not start. Pulled the plug and no spark, bypassed the switch and no spark. Tried a different battery, nothin...so I put the new battery (one I m ade up of nimh from Walmart 5 cell) on the charger over night. It peaked up to 6.9v...when I turned the switch on the plug it now fires but repeatedly until I turn the switch off. I then tried a 5cell pack that only had 6.3volts and back to no spark when turning the prop. Do I have one of those brand new yet bad ignitions from China...I also have two Turnigy 52cc engines that run just fine...The 26 is a sweet little motor..very small and light but not much good if it won't run...any ideas from the experts....I know your out there 8^) Thanks in advance

Ron
Old 11-20-2009, 02:24 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: new Turnigy26 rear carb...spark problem

Mine came with a defective pick-up. but yours sounds like it's the ignition box.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Flatspin-RCU

thanks for the responce Rich..when I bought my FTL52 engins from HK I ordered an extra ignition. I wonder if it would work in place of the xyz module that came witht the 26. The trouble is I would have to change the plug caps because the CM6 plug takes a special boot that holds the top of the plug against a small coil...not a good design in IMO.

Ron
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
ltdorn1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update on your engine problem?

I just ordered the turnigy 26, and want to get all the info i can on the motor.

Thanks,
lawrence