Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

new parkflyers cessna 182 pro deluxe

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

new parkflyers cessna 182 pro deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:38 AM
TX Curbster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new parkflyers cessna 182 pro deluxe

About the R/C sim that came with it. I could not get it to work with the transmitter but it does work well with my USB game pad with two small joysticks. Also noticed while browsing the files folders for the sim that if you go into each airplane folder (Child of the modle folder), copy all files then paste into the model folder, they will now show up in the sims modle menu. And Cessna 182 is one of them, even a 747 in there. There is also a file for each plane you can open with notepad to modify its specications, thrust, wingspan..... Pretty cool. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 AM
olwarbirds
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Rich, yeah its a great lil foam plane ..i love mine....in higher winds it almost just floats in on landings...i think it comes in so slow u cud actually reach out and grab it......only prob with letting it slow down to much into the wind is it will all of a sudden stall and drop.. so i suggest using a bit more pwr on landing in the wind and coming in a bit hot...it has more than enuff pwr to handle up to 15mph winds..i personally havnt tried flyn in winds any higher than that....enjoy hope i helped....DJ
Old 08-22-2009, 11:59 AM
coinworker

tx,

to put all the models in the same folder you'll need to exit the game and go into your "program files" then "fms" then to the "models" file from here you can add the other models. just copy the model folder you want to move and paste it in the program files model file. hope that makes sense. as for the controler to work it takes alittle time but follow as best you can about adjusting the mic levels and all that jazz that came with the directions THEN GO TO THE smartpropoplus site and download it from there... it will install it correctly for you. hope this helps. enjoy flying i just recently somehow misplaced my battery for this plane... damn... i have no idea how i lost it... so not cool!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 PM
austenp405

Does the new 182 Pro have direct control ailerons? On the Parkflyers website it says there are now 2 servos that control the ailerons, but in the pictures and videos it looks like they are still mounted in-board.
Thanks,
Austen

Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 PM
coinworker

yeah it's got what you want... you can watch my vid on youtube to see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvb7w7xjwZw let me know if you have other questions.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM
olwarbirds

ORIGINAL: austenp405

Does the new 182 Pro have direct control ailerons? On the Parkflyers website it says there are now 2 servos that control the ailerons, but in the pictures and videos it looks like they are still mounted in-board.
Thanks,
Austen

Hi Austen, sorry for delay in answering, Ive been on my fishing vacation ....yes its got a seperate servo for each aileron.....Coin tks for the help bro...its a great plane for the money in my opinion....its fast and has great stunt abilities too watch my vids....Marc at Parkflyers.com is a decent person to deal with....DJ
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 AM
coinworker

Olwarbirds maybe you can help with a question i have... i lost (i have know idea how) my battery for the pro deluxe. i was wondering if i could use a 11.1 Volt battery with the set up it came with? i'm not sure what mah i would get (any suggestions if it would work) but i want to fly two diff birds with one battery pack. the replacement battery(7.4v) is way to much for me at this time. i found other sites with much better deals on lipos else where and want to try to save some money. the other plane set up seems to recommend a 11.1v. Any input you have would help greatly... thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 08:11 PM
olwarbirds

ORIGINAL: coinworker

Olwarbirds maybe you can help with a question i have... i lost (i have know idea how) my battery for the pro deluxe. i was wondering if i could use a 11.1 Volt battery with the set up it came with? i'm not sure what mah i would get (any suggestions if it would work) but i want to fly two diff birds with one battery pack. the replacement battery(7.4v) is way to much for me at this time. i found other sites with much better deals on lipos else where and want to try to save some money. the other plane set up seems to recommend a 11.1v. Any input you have would help greatly... thanks
no u cant use a 11.1v
Old 12-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Demonhawk

I just purchased one of these for my father for Christmas, but I have a question regarding the battery. What are the physical dimensions of the lipo itself? I already have 3 2200mah 2s1P zippy lipo's sitting around and I was wondering if they were usable in that plane. The size of the zippy lipo's is 100x34x17mm.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:56 PM
olwarbirds

ORIGINAL: Demonhawk

I just purchased one of these for my father for Christmas, but I have a question regarding the battery. What are the physical dimensions of the lipo itself? I already have 3 2200mah 2s1P zippy lipo's sitting around and I was wondering if they were usable in that plane. The size of the zippy lipo's is 100x34x17mm.

Thanks.
yes they will fit....hope u and ur dad enjoy the plane....DJ
Old 12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
gixxernoob

I like it I might get one this month.. btw what was the wind mph when you flew that plane? 5-10 mph? Was it stable on any wind conditions?
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
olwarbirds

ORIGINAL: gixxernoob

I like it I might get one this month.. btw what was the wind mph when you flew that plane? 5-10 mph? Was it stable on any wind conditions?
I have flown mine in around 10-12 mph winds with no probs at all...its got more than enuff pwr to handle it...have fun...DJ