Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Valdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The official Z-Car ZMXT-8 Z-Truggy thread

nothing is wrong with the store Iwanted to order from them but like I said there was a mixup. What i was refering to about the lack of a email was that Ihave not gotten a answer about setting up my LHSas a vendor.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Valdeck

So a few questions, and they might be dumb but here it goes.

I have been curios about this truck. I have read a lot of things saying that its identical or even updated to the LRP version. I noticed online that the LRP version, or at least the pro kit, comes with a lot of things that I have seen listed on the ZMXT but I also saw a few things that were not listed and I wanted to know if the ZMXT came with them as well.

1) Tuned pipe?
2) CNC Cluth shoes

Also for anyone who owns one are there any upgrades that you would recommend to do ASAP?

http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/131600-s8-tx-...ggy-i2303.html

here is the site that list a bunch of the stuff on the lrp version, just wandering what does or dose not come with the RTRversion of the SHZMXT

Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 AM
IL2mSturmovik

Yes, the Pro kit comes with the tuned 2060 pipe, and the uber nice clutch shoes, Ihave 6 gallons on mine on my buggy, and they appear to be able to get 6 more gallons of usage!
The RTRversion does not come with swaybars, you will want to get some, as well as stiffer springs, thats about it. Now as far as optional parts?
The only thing that may be needed is http://z-carstore.com//catalog/produ...roducts_id=135
Old 06-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Valdeck

Thats awesome to hear,

yea I will get stiffer springs I usually do and the swaybars would be a good upgrade. So the RTR comes with most of the stuff thats on the pro kit? I only ask because I didnt have the cash to get the kit so I went RTR but just trying to getr a head start on the parts I will want to upgrade once it gets here.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:38 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Well there are a couple of other differences:
The pro kit has 7075 alum everywhere, the RTRhas 6061
The pro kit has metal threaded shock bodies, the RTRcomposite with preload clips
the Pro kit has cvds the rtr has dogbones like most rtrs
The Pro kit has the onepiece engine mount/center diff mount that make it impossible to have any flex between your pinion and spur
Thats it!
Ihope that was helpful
Old 06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Valdeck

Thanks IL, I will make sure I get some of that upgraded like the threaded shock bodies, CVDS, and as much 7075 as I can get
Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Looks too good! Team Z-CarUSA graphics!
Makes me wish I was running a whie wing and wheels
I probably will be soon though  :lol:

Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 PM
jikkuria

i like the grp in there, how is the standard version running? i have always wanted a ninja, and i hear they are nearly the same minus the timing profiles.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 PM
vnmsgt

Nice! I like it!!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: jikkuria

i like the grp in there, how is the standard version running? i have always wanted a ninja, and i hear they are nearly the same minus the timing profiles.
Its been ABModded, and is incredible, in both runtime and power. Ihad this engine for a while, and am very happy with it. Its very close to teh Tuned in performance, and modded is insane.
Now for my Z-Buggy Ihave a SH .21 w ceramic piston thats on its way to ABMods Monday!
I swear by his work, its incredible how nice he makes an rc engine run....so smooooth, great fuel milage, and ZOMG @ the hp it makes.
The modded 2008 SH21 he did for Z-carUSA made 1.5hp on his xdyno, on of the other Team drivers in Cali run one like it and loves it!
Just look a the dyno charts of his. The X dyno eliminates any sales pitch and shows what it does.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Nice! I like it!!
Thanks, Chris
Iwill have teh matching buggy body next week
Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 PM
vnmsgt

Need to send me that dealer app. You also the distributor for the SH engines? Especially the .21?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:27 AM
rclynx

Global is the distributor for the Z and the SH [:-]
Old 06-13-2009, 07:07 AM
IL2mSturmovik

We distribute them as well, in the SE USA, just fyi. We have agreements with Global
ORIGINAL: rclynx

Global is the distributor for the Z and the SH [:-]
Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Valdeck

Hey all,

just wanted to say I ended up going with the zcar for the nitro but I plan on getting a castor towards the end of summer.

So far its shaping up to be a great car. I ordered the pro shocks for it and will get the other upgrades as I go but over all I am very impressed. Its a little heavier than I anticipated but thats not a bad thing it seems to have solid parts and a lot of metal. Gonna cut a hole in the shell by the window so I can get at the gas tank but like I said so far a great RTR.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:48 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: Valdeck

Hey all,

just wanted to say I ended up going with the zcar for the nitro but I plan on getting a castor towards the end of summer.

So far its shaping up to be a great car. I ordered the pro shocks for it and will get the other upgrades as I go but over all I am very impressed. Its a little heavier than I anticipated but thats not a bad thing it seems to have solid parts and a lot of metal. Gonna cut a hole in the shell by the window so I can get at the gas tank but like I said so far a great RTR.
Awesome, take your time breaking in the engine, and you will have a long lasting powerful engine that gets pretty good milage as well!
LIke most RTRs the stock servos are nothing to write home about, so plan on upgrading them. The stock tires are actually raceable they are so good 8)
Yes def cut a hold in the windsheild, and side window
Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Valdeck

Thanks IL,

I have a hitech servo on my revo I might swipe until i get some parts in for the revo. I noticed the servo was... enemic to say the least lol the throttle opening seems pretty responsive but the brakes are very unimpressive. I am hoping that will change with a better server.

I will cut the hole in windshield and window for air and gas tank access. I was curios about the wheels, with the recessed hex nuts i found it harder to get them on tight but they are down nice and solid but the wheels still seem kind of shakey or wobily. Did I miss something?

I have the shocks coming, and I will upgrade other stuff as I go. Looks like it has a lot of potential though.

On a side note, its already been in its first semi accident. When I got it started up the server screw was down way to tight because of my own over tinkering and such before I ran it and it ended up over reving the engine pretty high. After that I had to bring the low speed needle WAY down and work it back up in order to avoide the engine over reving its self after idleing for about thirty seconds or any pressure on the throttle. My friends SC8 was the only thing that saved it the second time it got away from me because the brakes didnt work seeing as the screw in the server was over tightend. But we got it back and dialed in and I have about 3 or so tanks through it now so all its going well.

I really like the truggy over all so far, it has that nice mettle sound to it with the gears being all mettle that a lot of the other truggies just dont have with out the hop ups and extra cash.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:30 AM
stok3d

well a little update of the lrp , i have put about 5 liters or sothrough it and it is going awesome , i have brought a new set of the"kamakazi" tire in soft  cos my local track is like fine dirt ontop ofblue grove so they should work well , also put the stiff springs in tohelp with the jumps , the body is near wrecked but 2 races and alot ofjumps will do that , umm yeah new throttle servo , and running less toein then standard seems to help alot oh and diff oil  i am running 7 -10 - 5  but i think i am going to use 15 center to get more of a driftout of the corners to help slide the corners rather then point andshoot ,  any one got any tips ????
Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
IL2mSturmovik

A review of the RTR version. The RTRs come with a light 1mm body, 1.5mm HD are available, but only non painted.
http://zcar.wordpress.com/zmxt-8-rtr-review/
Lots of tips and info here http://www.z-carusa.com/forum/index.php
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
misasi

Hey guys. Im interested in this truck but im not going to shell out the coin until there are more reviews on this truck. I emailed the editor of R/C Car and i got a reply saying that the distributors of the truck are not sending out trucks for review? Whats that all about? If i had a product that i thought was solid id definitely send around a demo truck.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
IL2mSturmovik

RCCA reviewed the buggy about a year ago, I am sure there will be more reviews on the Truggy.
They have been doing quite well racing all over the world, that sone of teh best reviews you can get
Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
IL2mSturmovik

There is a review here now!
News from Bagdad International Speedway and our RTR Truggy we sent!
Our First selectee was PFC Alex Matos, he was shocked to know he would
get to test/run/comment on this! You will see the smile on his face.
His comments upon opening and getting to
see it was "At first site it looks like a race truck, so as soon as I
can find some fuel and glow plug ignitor I will be ready to go" Well he
was even more surprised when the fuel showed up and the igniter.

SGT David Wheeler (Local Nitro expert)
helped Alex get the truggy up and running. They did a check out of it to
ensure it was track ready, some minor, minor adjustments were made to
the steering track, fueled it up, put the igniter on it, and with the
first pull it started right up. Again some very small adjustments made
to the carb (new fuel Byron's 25%) and some slow laps (half a tank). It
was then when the local experts to this BAD BOY for a spin, everyone
loved it and commented how good this thing looks and handles.

Comments from the Soldiers;

SPC Johnson (Nitro Expert) (******@gmail.com) Commented "Nice even
balance of chassis, easy tunable, easy to replace parts"

SPC Beese, Robert (He ran it hard) (******@yahoo.com or
hard to read his hand writing) commented "GREAT
DRIVING CAPABILITIES (HANDLING)!!! PLENTY OF POWER!!! NICE WEIGHT
DISTRIBUTION (Jumps OUTSTANDING)!!! The NICEST RTR KIT!!!

Paul again thank you so much for letting the Soldiers get a chance to
drive this. Every week, I will select another Soldier to use it and get
their comments on it.

Sam House
Firefinder Field Software Engineer
STANLEY/Techrizon

I am SO happy to see the Troops are enjoying it!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:58 PM
20%nitro

i am about to order 2 of the pro kits 1 for parts and the other for assy. but i am still concerned about how good the diffs are. does anyone have like 6-10 gallons on a set of well maintained diffs. and also how do the arm pin holes and steering links hold up for wear? i have raced mugen and jammin until now and i would like to make a change and see what these trucks are like. thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: 20%nitro

i am about to order 2 of the pro kits 1 for parts and the other for assy. but i am still concerned about how good the diffs are. does anyone have like 6-10 gallons on a set of well maintained diffs. and also how do the arm pin holes and steering links hold up for wear? i have raced mugen and jammin until now and i would like to make a change and see what these trucks are like. thanks for any help you can offer.
LOL the diffs are ludicrously durable!!!
One Team driver has 19 gallons on his!
I have 10 gallons on my buggys diffs they are perfect, 6 gallons on my truggys, and they are perfect.
All orig steering links (7075 alum) the quality on these are up there with X-Ray. I love mine.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:40 AM
20%nitro

thank you so much for the reply. that is exactly the info i was looking for. i ordered the kits along with some stiff springs and a few other parts today. should i order the aluminum bracket for the forward pins on the rear lower arms or does the plastic one hold up ok? thanks again IL2mSturmovik

another question does the pro kit come with usable tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.