Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetLegend F-22 Raptor question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetLegend F-22 Raptor question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Gra55h0pper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetLegend F-22 Raptor question

Hi,

I'm building the JetLegend F-22 Raptor (kit version). The problem I have is that the drawing for the rudder does not correspond with the actual build. It seems some changes were made with respect to the width of the rudder (5.8 instead of 8.2 cm) and the servo position. The drawings don't reflect these improvements however (see pictures).

Problem I now have is that I don't know the right location for the hinges (x4) and the rudder control arm. I tried holding it against a strong light, but there's no way I can determine where the hinge blocks exactly are located.

If somebody else has the newer version (with the smaller rudder @ 5.8cm i.e. 2.3"), could you do me a favour and measure the hinge positions (should be 4 of them) and the position of the control linkage arm?

Thanks in advance!!!

H0pper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34549.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1337970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35024.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1337971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73055.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1337972  
Old 12-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Pyolet

Default RE: JetLegend F-22 Raptor question

h0p...I just ordered these as replacements for my originals and will let you know what I find out. I saw them in AZ in Oct and think the servo position and rudder dimensions are definite improvements over the originals tho.

FWIW, what I will be doing if mine look the same as yours, is to use a pin drill to probe the areas on the plans for wood blocks. JL has been good in the past at gluing things IAW plans. With any luck, mine will be drilled at the factory.

Woody.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Gra55h0pper

Default RE: JetLegend F-22 Raptor question

Hi Woody,

Thanks for your response! Let me know what you find out on yours. I think the new rudder-size and position of the servo (allowing for bigger sizes than the 3421) are an improvement also. What I'm not sure about however is the fact that the servo placement is no longer parallel with the leading edge of the rudder.. This means the control arm will not be perpendicular to the leading edge which may necessitate using a ball link instead of a "regular" link.

I like your idea of "probing" and may resort to that if nobody can provide the exact hinge-block locations.

H0pper.