Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

Old 12-30-2009, 03:58 PM
klaben1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

gotcha so the normal version does not come with the diff? so the platinum is for racing so what are the differences it has some nicer parts?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: klaben1

gotcha so the normal version does not come with the diff? so the platinum is for racing so what are the differences it has some nicer parts?

The RTR comes with a 7cell battery and charge plus a 2.4ghz radio.

The PE comes with the aluminum upgrades and center diff but no radio, rx or battery.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: klaben1

The RTR comes with a 7cell battery and charge plus a 2.4ghz radio.

The PE comes with the aluminum upgrades and center diff but no radio, rx or battery.
And sway bars, softer tires, clear body.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
it8ezbngrn

IS there a problem. I'm talking to a guy who has a Platnum and hes telling me that he had to get new parts under warranty. Maybe he's blowing smoke not sure. Anyone?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Daholla77

I am thinking about sell my slash and getting the 4x4. I was adding up everything that I want for my 2wd slash and it will cost more than the 4x4.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Dialed_In

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

IS there a problem. I'm talking to a guy who has a Platnum and hes telling me that he had to get new parts under warranty. Maybe he's blowing smoke not sure. Anyone?
There are many reports of stub axles bending and breaking on the PE's. It's the metal part that the wheel mounts on. It almost seems like there is a bad batch.

Others have reported that the body seems really thin.

If you do get a PE, make sure to check all screws and loctite the aluminum parts. I've also read that the body mounts come loose but these are minor issues.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Fire106

Quick question....I just picked up a 4x4 Slash chassis.....

Will the rear wheels of the 2wd Slash fit all four of the 4x4 wheels??
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Lurp06x

Yeah i took a look at the 4wd slash at the lhs they were asking $680 for the standard not the PE one [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

there rc vehicles are way over priced but there parts are nicely priced.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Lurp06x

Yeah i took a look at the 4wd slash at the lhs they were asking $680 for the standard not the PE one [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

there rc vehicles are way over priced but there parts are nicely priced.
Wow that is seriously high unless you're talking canadian dollars
Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

Are you sure that wasn't buy one get one free??
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Fire106

Quick question....I just picked up a 4x4 Slash chassis.....

Will the rear wheels of the 2wd Slash fit all four of the 4x4 wheels??
Yes, I think so
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 AM
ludeman

Look what was waiting for me when I got home today![8D]

2010 PE Slash 4x4

Sorry guys I ran it before I took pic's.
Very nice package I really like all the extra's Including a extra diff sway bars 2 gears for center diff, extra pinion they even put in a set of plastic rear hub carrier
Nice decal sheet's with a pre-cut masking sheet.
Using a Tactic 2.4Ghz radio fits like a glove like it was made for it
Like I said I ran it first with a 5000mah lipo and all I can say is WOW! This thing kicks ass, puts my Rusty VXL to shame. I'm in love with my new favorite truck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43132.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1351784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12508.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1351785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47189.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1351786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys48845.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1351787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24036.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1351788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar10202.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1351789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ac61997.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1351790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ji28010.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1351791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	On95296.jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1351792  
Old 01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
it8ezbngrn

Yes the guy said that the axles broke and some screws backed out on his PE. He said that he used a set from his 2wd Slash and it still broke. Not sure if I can trust him though. I'm having an issue with him over a non PE roller I sold him that he wants to "register" with Traxxas. I told him that Traxxas isn't going to give him any parts but he insists they are. I checked the website and called and they don't warranty on plastic and the warrnty is only on the electrics for 30 days only. I think he's trying to use it to complain that his parts broke and try to get them to send him parts so he has a stock pile or something. He's definately trying to pull a fast one somehow.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Ken448

Heres my PE

Old 01-08-2010, 10:06 PM
ludeman

Nice paint job! looks great
Old 01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: KindSmoker

Hey fellas,just ordered a Slash 4x4 from Amain,got the 3 day shipping so it should be here by this weekend. This is my first real RC vehicle so i am a complete novice in the hobby and have a question about batteries and chargers. I keep seeing this stuff about Traxxas connectors on batteries, i am not really sure what the difference is between these and other connector types. I have been doing some research and it looks like the Turnigy Lipo batteries seem to be the best deal out there but i am not sure if they would have the right connector type for this truck? Also i am wondering if i have to get some type of special charger that works with these connector types? Would anybody have any Lipo charger recommendations that are very simple to use for someone who is a mechanical idiot like myself? Also i would be completely open to any other battery recommendations that are similar in price to the Turnigy Lipos? I am excited to get my truck but am also pretty intimidated after reading on a couple of forums the past couple of days,just seems like you have to be a real mechanically inclined type of guy to enjoy this hobby,which i am NOT. Thanks for your time,i would be glad to accept any advice for a noob that any of you may have.

KindSmoker
Cut the end off of the factory esc and solder some deans on that bad boy and be done with it. MOST everyone who is serious runs deans connectors. As far as a charger I would recommend Hyperion 0606. Will be the last charger you will ever need to buy, unless you plan on going to giant 10s heli batts!!! On another hand, if you are not mechanically inclined may be best to stay with NIMH batts. Lipos in the wrong hands can be very very dangerous. Read up a lot on lipos charging and safety before getting them. Turnigy seem to be good batts, some of the more serious racers will disagree. But for bashing around turnigy will be just fine. I personaly run zippys, basically the same as turnigy. Hope this helps a little.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Brainanator

are the slash 4x4's driveshafts beefier than the 2wd slash? How about the stub axles? I bend those things like nobodies business....and of course, are they compatible with the 2wd?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Joebaby35
My Feedback: (14)

I was at the track today and someone with a brand new Platinum Slash snapped 1 rear axle and bent the other axle on the opposite side. I heard that was a weak point on the 4x4 Slash but now I believe. They look to be that same axles that are on the 2wd Slash and I never had any problems with them. Wonder if they're made with a different type of alloy?
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Dialed_In

ORIGINAL: Brainanator

are the slash 4x4's driveshafts beefier than the 2wd slash? How about the stub axles? I bend those things like nobodies business....and of course, are they compatible with the 2wd?
Hi Brainanator,

Yes, the 4x4 driveshafts are beefier and they are supposed to be compatible with the 2wd Slash. They would probably make a nice upgrade when the parts become available.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Brainanator

thanks, maybe I'll try them out, depending on if I don't just get jato ones first.
but of course I gotta wait till the weather turns around a little.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:31 PM
it8ezbngrn

I am still waitting on my PE. I ordered it the same time as my non PE and that arrived days ago. I wonder if they slowed production due to rear stub axle issues. I wonder why its only the PE. It leads me to believe that the cuase is the aluminum C-hub not being flexible like the plastic one. I'd also like to know if they are running a heavier motor and battery combo. Also the stiffnes of the shocks. I wonder if running a cushier 2.2 wheel/tire combe would help. Maybe I should cancel my PE and get a regular one since I just bash.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Lil Bit

I have had my 4x4 PE Slash for a little over a week now and run 3 times with no major complaints. When I opened the box, the sealed differential that was included was manufactured wrong and missing the two slots on the sides so that it would hook in. Hobbytown helped me get a new one right away. I have no big issues with this one. The spongy shock towers are improved from the 2wd and the optional camber adjustment holes are awesome. My left rear wheel has a slight wobble but other than that it's a blast. I am looking forward to seeing if this becomes a racing class over the next few months. I have a Picture on my profile of it with JC concepts truth body
Old 01-10-2010, 05:48 PM
it8ezbngrn

I hear that some are running a mixed class. 2wd & 4wd. One guy said that he got the PE to get rid of the wobble. Of the two non-PEs I have parted both had some wobble. Thats why I have a PE on order. Hoping the the better milled tolerance of the alum hubs fits the bearings tighter.
I bet the stubs break at the hole drilled for the pin and hex. But if so why? Are they guy shaving these issues got a bad batch of stubs or are they running heavy weight oils? Heavier motors like the Monster? I'm guessing the shocks are stiffer and if you come down on one wheel at the right angle it snaps. I had a heavy CEN ME16. It was a coversion of the MG. 1/16 scale with heavy electrics. I had a nimh and a VXL running 50-60 weight. I would bust A arms right at the shock mount on the first semi hard landing. A buddy bought it, went lipo, changed the shock oil and it was better.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM
it8ezbngrn

racing is down up here. The guy who won the short course championship driving for AE (Scott) owns an indoor track and hobbyshop here in town. The roof caved in and its under repairs. It rains here almost everyday so if the tracks not indoors its not happening. Thats why I love teh new VXLs and stick with NiMh. I parted the first two slashes to get 2 VXLs to do a V-Twin (dual VXL) setup on my E-Revo. The Slash 4x4 parts and rolling chassis sell so well that I pretty much get a VXL combo for teh price of ebay fees. It was the only way I could afford it. I was going to have to sell it otherwise and replace it with another Slash 4x4 and run Stampede VXL tires and do a body lift. I'm going to do that anyway but I'm switching to the Proline Baja Bug body taht has more of an open wheel so it fits the tire/rim combo. Now I need J-concepts to make the cover for the topside to keep the muck out.

PS Scott is a nice guy, totally helps his customers even though he may compete against them. His prices arn't bad either. And he allows people to sell used items in his store (for a small take unless you take store credit) but thats rare at most shops.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:11 AM
ludeman

Hi all, I just want to let you know I ran 10 packs in my 4x4 PE today at the track and not one problem. As for the stub axles bending remember the aluminum transfers the breakage elsewhere so that is to be expected. I know how it could happen too. I noticed that if I land the truck off camber and only two wheels touch down it will either flip over or if you gun it will grab on the front tire and hook up and bring all 4's down because its 4WD. This is actually very fun and satisfying but I could see how it could bend a stub very quickly. All I can say is I just love this thing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.