Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Rebuild Vendetta ST Ball Differentials

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuild Vendetta ST Ball Differentials

The differentials on my vendetta are shot. When I spin the diff it is very ruff. How do I go about rebuilding these?

What balls will work etc?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:26 AM
burnineyes

Default RE: Rebuild Vendetta ST Ball Differentials

Ill assume since you mentioned balls that you have upgraded to ball differentials, Towerhobbies has the rebuild kits that come with new balls, plates, and all that good stuff. If you are not familiar with building a diff then just take one apart at a time slowly and lay each piece out in the order it is removed. Take the new spring and compress it a few times with some pliers before installing it, sometimes when they are new they can be stiff. Once you have all the pieces together but before you tighten down the bolt rotate everything to make sure it is in place. Then as you tighten it stop every few turns and rotate it some more for the same reason. Tighten the bolt down until you see the nut on the other side bottom out, careful not to over tighten it! Then back off the bolt anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 a turn until the diff action feels smooth. I like to set my front 1/4 turn back and rear 3/4 back, but on some setups 3/4 may be too much and may cause slippage. Dont forget to use a heavy silicone grease on the diff balls, and a petroleum grease on the thrust balls, this will not only lubricate them but it will help to hold them in place while you assemble everything too.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Rebuild Vendetta ST Ball Differentials

The problem is, I have the atomic diffs so I think they are different....

Plus I tore the rear diff apart so I am converting to Steel duratrax ones lol.