Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Another Skymaster Viper

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another Skymaster Viper

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Another Skymaster Viper

ORIGINAL: Duncan

it's more likely to be the Schnapps rather than the cold
he this is holland remember>?legal drugs are cheaper and easyer to get then apfelschnaps..
anyway the lot of you couldnt even hold that schnaps..
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Duncan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was the sambuca that gave me a problem, i've not drank since Pampa !!!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
OttoKranz

ORIGINAL: NightSwan

Well, I'd thought I'd post some pics of my Viperjet build.
The electronics installations are very similar to mine! I don't have the dual RX but I'm using an Emcotec DPSI RV. You have done a really good job and I haven't thought about separating nose-door and main wheel valves.
You have much longer antenna cables than my three R6014FS [X(], and two are very new, do you have modified the lenght?

Soon I will post some picture.

Ciao
Alessandro

Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Selleri

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Duncan

...i've not drank since Pampa !!!
We'll have to do something about that...

I vote for silver on the legs.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Dave Burns

Hi Sandor,
I will have to get you onto the corn schnapps that David Busken supplies when I go to Germany - I think its old rocket fuel............
Can you flick me some info on your SM Viperjet upgrades you are doing, as I am starting a build - finally.
Hopefully be over for the IJMC meeting in Germany end of this month - 23rd. Will be hard leaving sunny Australia @ 35 degreees to come over to minus ??????
Thanks, Dave
Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 AM
chichisport

The extra long antennas can be bought and are simply attached inside the receiver with a tiny connector.

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=72981
Old 01-05-2010, 08:38 AM
NightSwan

ORIGINAL: OttoKranz

The electronics installations are very similar to mine! I don't have the dual RX but I'm using an Emcotec DPSI RV. You have done a really good job and I haven't thought about separating nose-door and main wheel valves.
You have much longer antenna cables than my three R6014FS [X(], and two are very new, do you have modified the lenght?

Ciao
Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

I indeed swapped the antennas for longer ones. I want two all the way in the nose, and the other two a bit further back. Got them from Emcotec (as I was already ordering the Twin), but more manufacturers stock them. They are original robbe / futaba parts, swapping them is really easy. I think I will do this on more jets.

About the nose-door, it's not scale but now I can close the main doors when the mains are out. Should keep some grass out of the plane (and I think the sequence looks cool )

Hans
Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 AM
kimba

HI All and John
I have finally finished the Viper no maiden as yet Temp here for the next week is going to be 39 to 41 C so there are fire bans in place
have done quite a few mods some from this forum and some of my own which I have posted. It has been a big help reading what you guys have done thanks for all of the posts I will post a few pics that may be of help to others
Cheers Bronte
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64132.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	1350479   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31255.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	1350480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv55132.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	1350481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12183.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	1350482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc39355.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1350483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja40287.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	1350484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zb59221.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	1350485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ba90955.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	1350486  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf67449.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	1350487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ug44030.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	1350488   Click image for larger version

Name:	In63551.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1350489  
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 AM
NightSwan

Bronte,

you just gave me a good idea for the location for my air-bottles

Hans
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
DENTO

ORIGINAL: kimba

HI All and John
I have finally finished the Viper no maiden as yet Temp here for the next week is going to be 39 to 41 C so there are fire bans in place
have done quite a few mods some from this forum and some of my own which I have posted. It has been a big help reading what you guys have done thanks for all of the posts I will post a few pics that may be of help to others
Cheers Bronte
VERY VERY NICE
Sorry about the fire ban as you know ours has been lifted, Talking to Chris Venter larst night and he is close to finishing his, So I shall leave my maiden untill we can do both at the same time in maryborough maybe early feb,Could be as many as 6 VIPERS at wangeratta, Talk to you soon bronte shall add some shots of my craddle .
REGARDS
JOHN

Name:	Ig12597.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1350570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69864.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1350571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36530.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1350572  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
OttoKranz

Ciao
Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

I indeed swapped the antennas for longer ones. I want two all the way in the nose, and the other two a bit further back. Got them from Emcotec (as I was already ordering the Twin), but more manufacturers stock them. They are original robbe / futaba parts, swapping them is really easy. I think I will do this on more jets.

About the nose-door, it's not scale but now I can close the main doors when the mains are out. Should keep some grass out of the plane (and I think the sequence looks cool )

Hans

Many thanks Hans (and chichisport),

I didn't know about those antennas.

You are right about the doors sequence and there are less risks that the grass could snatch the main doors.
Yes... I have a concrete runway but is short and I'm still having problem in landing velocity [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]..... I think I will do it on my Viper.

Alessandro
Old 01-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

John,

Which pilots are those in your Viper?

Cheers

Jan
Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: DENTO

HI All and John
Cheers Bronte
VERY VERY NICE
Sorry about the fire ban as you know ours has been lifted, Talking to Chris Venter larst night and he is close to finishing his, So I shall leave my maiden untill we can do both at the same time in maryborough maybe early feb,Could be as many as 6 VIPERS at wangeratta, Talk to you soon bronte shall add some shots of my craddle .
REGARDS
JOHN
John,

Would you be good enough to post the dimensions of your carrier and templates of the front and rear fuselage cradles? Looks great!

Thanks,

Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
jclittle
My Feedback: (99)

Mike - Happy New Year! Did you get your Viper yet? My F86 arrived today. Looking forward to some warmer weather down south, its feeling a bit like PA here! Take care - Jim
Old 01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Matt Chapman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: f106jax

ORIGINAL: DENTO

HI All and John
Cheers Bronte
VERY VERY NICE
REGARDS
JOHN
John,

Would you be good enough to post the dimensions of your carrier and templates of the front and rear fuselage cradles? Looks great!

Thanks,

I second that! The carrier looks really nice. Any details to help reproduce would be awsome.

Yah.... not flying in PA this month.... Way too cold.
It's a good time to finish up the cockpits this winter for the upcoming flying season.

Regards,

Matt
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
DENTO

HEY GUYS
Shall take some close ups of my craddle and give you some measurments to go on, Am not computer wise enought to send scale drawings in the forum, So give me a couple of days and I shall post.
REGARDS
JOHN

Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 AM
dubd

FYI - I installed springs in my landing gear as I wait for new valves. So far so good. Using 1/2" for the mains and 7/16 for the nose.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM
OttoKranz

Hi all,
also in my viper there is a problem of alignement of the mounting rails of the turbine. I've used two wires across the middle of the rear hole of the fuselage and all the way through the middle of the central air intake and than out from the two front intakes on the fuselage. I know the best way should be the alignment with the wings but is too difficult and this way should be fine. I had to make to wooden wedges.... look the inclination!! Now I think I'll only have to raise the turbine vertically less than 1 cm because the aluminum wings attached on the turbine are not (as usually) in the middle of the turbine.
It's late here in Italy [sm=confused_smile.gif] so I'll post some pictures that speak better than me.

Did you have the same problem? Any suggestions more?
Thanks
Ciao
Alessandro

Name:	Xv64723.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1354869   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51045.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1354870   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75714.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1354871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18384.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1354872  
Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
InboundLZ

That is certainly a lot of correction. I know on the Cermark Viper Jet I had, I had to completely redo the engine rails. Just be careful of optical illusions. What I did was string my aircraft on center line and took all measurements from that center line....
Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
heraldoboldrin

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

is is strange.. but my hawk to.. and i also have more than 50 flight on it with no problem.. don´t.. worry with it....
Old 01-13-2010, 01:19 AM
digitech

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi all,
also in my viper there is a problem of alignement of the mounting rails of the turbine. I've used two wires across the middle of the rear hole of the fuselage and all the way through the middle of the central air intake and than out from the two front intakes on the fuselage. I know the best way should be the alignment with the wings but is too difficult and this way should be fine. I had to make to wooden wedges.... look the inclination!! Now I think I'll only have to raise the turbine vertically less than 1 cm because the aluminum wings attached on the turbine are not (as usually) in the middle of the turbine.
It's late here in Italy [sm=confused_smile.gif] so I'll post some pictures that speak better than me.

Did you have the same problem? Any suggestions more?
Thanks
Ciao
Alessandro
dont use the intake for alignement , use the pipe as reference to the turbine!
a lot seems to have this problem
Old 01-13-2010, 02:48 AM
Matt Chapman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay guys... time for some explanation please.
I was under the imprssion that the "incidence" or angle of the engine was not critical. (my first jet....) Please explain the theroy of what you're all speaking about here with the engine mounting rails.
I didnt set a thrust line. I simply mounted the turbine, lined up the tail pipe centered on the engine and set things in place. My tail pipe extends beyond the aft bulkhead by the prescibed 10mm.
Will an incidence + or - have an effect on the pitch of the plane based on power in flight?

I have 15 or so flight on my Vipor. All very good enjoyable flights.... except the last flame out... another story.. but all ended well with a perfect touchdown and roll out to my feet! (i'd rather be lucky than good) and lucky i was! So, all being good in my opinion, am I simply overlooking a problem that my be present through not knowing how it should be? Ignorance is not always bliss!

Thanks for any advice to help me advance.

Matt-C
Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I did the same Matt, I raised the engine bracket 5 mm using some plywood (the Jetcat mount is offset 5 mm from center), adjusted thrusttube with eyesight (no strings, no measurement etc), and I have also not detected any (power induced pitch change) difference in flight
Old 01-13-2010, 03:17 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Matt Chapman

Will an incidence + or - have an effect on the pitch of the plane based on power in flight? ...
Hey Matt
Yes it can have an effect!
like in prop planes we must fine tune the up down thrust of the engine.. same think in jets.
its like you having a vector thrust set up whrong...
start seting a degree lazer meter to zero on the wing ...then check engines mounts and pipe..

..but if Matt Chapman enjoy fly this toy untill now..then it needs no corection

forgive my poor english
Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know if you can compare the two things, but on my Elan I have a P160SX, and because of the size of that, I melted the two servo covers on the elavator.
I then raised the turbine by mounting 3 mm thick washers under the front screws of the engine mount. That gave the engine so much "down thrust" that it was easy to see that the engine was tilted (and it has saved my elevator covers since then)
That did not change the trim at all, I could not feel any diffrence whatsoever after installing the washers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.