Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Lo Budget Junkyard Mudder/Crawler

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Lo Budget Junkyard Mudder/Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Tex_50613

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lo Budget Junkyard Mudder/Crawler

well I'm kinda new to scale crawling/mudding but am currently doing a "junkyard" build from parts that my friends and I have laying around
here's the parts list so far:
Tamiya Bruzer (vintage) axels, motor/trans/t-case, suspention, hangers and brackets, and 1 pare of shocks, 1 driveshaft
Hotracing fully adjustablr chassis for a AX-10
Traxxas Reciver, servos, and driveshaft
Losi mini shocks and springs
no ESC as of yet but I tested the motor out on my Traxxas VL5 to make sure it atleast ran

this is just a start and I have $0 invested at this time into it, eventually I want to change out the axels but I hope they will hold up untill I do
also I need to find wheels that will work with theold bruzerhubs or a adapter of some sort to install 1.5 to 2.2 wheels (haven't decided ontire size yet)

any and all suggestions are welcome, Ibuild racersand 1:1 mudders and trail trucks so this is a first and a learning processfor me

Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM
engineerjoe

Default RE: Lo Budget Junkyard Mudder/Crawler

I'd suggest that you sell those axles and get some axials. Those axles are pretty rare and you could probably fund the rest of your build with the $$ from them.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 PM
andys60

Not only are they rare they aren't that strong or cheap to fix when you break them. If your set on using them check out www.bruiserbuilder.com or www.rc4wd.com these guys are the Bruiser gurus.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 PM
860Crawler

I can't believe you have some Bruiser axles on there. Not sure if that's ballsy or dumb They are probably worth some bucks
Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Tex_50613

well they were free to me, the front one I have to replace the main shaft in, my brother put clod tires and wheels on them a while back and snapped it, I ordered a new shaft from RC4WDand saw adapters to put T-maxx wheels on the clod axels but not to convert the axels to use regular 2.2's, 1.9's or 1.5's which sucks (the t-maxx uses a biger hex) so the hunt goes on...... as for ballsy or dumb well between the damage that the previous owner did to the rear axel housing and my brother breaking the front shaft the axels arn't worth a whole lot so I'll run what I brung till what I brung ain't enugh then I'll upgrade but at this point I have nothing invested untill I order a Clodbuster body and all the parts for it (windows, chrome exc...) Iwant the clod body because it's a 80's Chevy longbox, and I can either scratch build or find a resin 83 chevy grill to match my 1:1 and I'v already found the scale emblems, my main goal is fun, and as close to a scale of my 83 as I can get and still have fun with it, it'll be heavy I know because just what I have is heavy already,
I'm just tryig to come up with the rest of what I need to assemble the chassis on the cheep or free but I doubt that will happen, Istill need a reciver (perferably one that will work with my Traxxas reciver that I use for my slash so all I'll have to do is mabe get a new cristle), wheels, tires, servo saver from a Axiel ScorpionAX10, and a battery/ESC/reciver mountfrom a AxielAX10my total budgetfor the build is $100 and so far Ihave $56.78 spent on just the axel shaft so Ihave a funny hunch that I will end up way over budget, the body is on the way but it's a Free-Bee like in Monster Gradge which is what this build is kinda looking like so far LOL
Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Tex_50613

any waterproofing suggestions for these axles and transmition?????
Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Tex_50613

update to the build