Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Ofna Cd3- Where's it at???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 PM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Cd3- Where's it at???

i always wanted to get a cd3 to try out the on road scene. from what i can tell it's strong, and reasonably fast at a reasonable price. i'd probably pit a picco jlr or jl tuned in it just for kicks when i get tired of the stock. now that i have the time for rc cars again(wrestling coming to a close) i can't seem to find the cd3 for sale anywhere. i know a-main used to sell them for $165.00 a while ago, but now all traces of it are gone, except for it's page on the ofna site. any help is appreciated.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Brent Davis

Default RE: Ofna Cd3- Where's it at???

good luck finding them new which I am sure there's a few out there that are new but they are not made anymore at all. OFNA for some reason just stopped making it and the LD3.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:49 PM
jikkuria

that's really disappointing. i remember talking to you about the car before, and you seemed to like it a fair bit. if i was going to look for another 1/10 on-road, where do you think i should look to? im not a big fan of the tc-3, because of the chassis lay out, and i have a natural liking towards drive shafts, though belts aren't out of the question.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
authorjim1

ORIGINAL: jikkuria

i always wanted to get a cd3 to try out the on road scene. from what i can tell it's strong, and reasonably fast at a reasonable price. i'd probably pit a picco jlr or jl tuned in it just for kicks when i get tired of the stock. now that i have the time for rc cars again(wrestling coming to a close) i can't seem to find the cd3 for sale anywhere. i know a-main used to sell them for $165.00 a while ago, but now all traces of it are gone, except for it's page on the ofna site. any help is appreciated.
Join the club, I was looking for one also. I did find the GPX4 though and as best I can tell it is pretty much the equal of the CD3. I found the GPX4 at Stormer hobbies for $200 dollars. I just bought my second one there. It seems to have all the good stuff including a Centax racing clutch.

I cannot tell you exactly what the differences are so if anyone can let me know.

Jim
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Brent Davis

Yes if you can get a GPX4, then do that. I am going to do another .21 conversion but in a belt drive this time.

The CD3 is still a bad little car and with the center transmission and two short driveshafts, this car screams it's butt off. Too bad it is discontinued as well as the LD3 and GPX4.[>:][:@]
Old 01-15-2010, 11:21 AM
jikkuria

what about the team magic cars?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 PM
authorjim1

what about the team magic cars?

I have a Team Magic G4S rtr and it is a great car. Probably more advanced than the GPX4 and more like a race car. The car runs great out of the box and the engine starts great and has a great middle and top end. The low end torque is a little weak. I geared it as low as it will go and it's better. The next step is to modify the pipe to get more torque. If that is not good enough I will replace the engine. But it is still a great car. Great chassis. A little restricted on obtaining parts. Although Wolf hobbies is great and has most parts; the owner is very helpful.

Jim
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
jikkuria

im looking at the version sold by rc logics as the mongoose. it's a kit, and i'd add a jlr.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
oneofakindtrini

Onfa's are hard cars to find and even harder to repair if you live in the U.S. The RcLogics Mongoose is worth taking a look at. Really nice cars if you set it up right and choose components of the car such as the engine, pipe, radio based on quality rather than price.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:31 PM
jikkuria

im not sure on the pipe, but im a fan of picco motors. is it safe to assume that a 150 oz. steering servo would be more than enough for a 1/10 road car?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 PM
jikkuria

im not sure on the pipe, but im a fan of picco motors. is it safe to assume that a 150 oz. steering servo would be more than enough for a 1/10 road car?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:54 AM
IAMKAOS

sometime ago nitrohouse .com sold the cd3 and ld3. after reading this i went to their website and i was surprised to they did not seem to sell any 1\10 scale nitro cars anymore. mostly 1\8 scale . odd!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Jamie James

Hey guys. I have a BNIB CD3 has never been run, the body has never even been mounted. Comes with a TON of spares that are also Brand New. I was going to get back into nitro onroad racing but offroad is keeping me busy. If you are interested please email.

[email protected]

Thanks

Old 01-17-2010, 10:41 AM
charlieboy

Yeah a 150oz, servo may be more than you need. The G4S RTR comes stock with 2 Futaba S3003 which is like 35oz and they seem pretty adequate. I upgraded to spektrum Z590 and Z250 for steering and throttle respectively, the car responds quicker and more precise!!
Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 PM
oneofakindtrini

ORIGINAL: charlieboy

Yeah a 150oz, servo may be more than you need. The G4S RTR comes stock with 2 Futaba S3003 which is like 35oz and they seem pretty adequate. I upgraded to spektrum Z590 and Z250 for steering and throttle respectively, the car responds quicker and more precise!!

Spectrum really does make great radio eqiupment. I'm saving for a 2.4Ghz setup.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Brent Davis

I have a brand new car that is not a CD3 but a LD3 which is a supposedly better version of a NTC3 since it comes with steel gears for the front/rear diffs plus the front end is totally slop free whereas my two new NTC3's that I had had front steering slop out the box. I am willing to sell it "IF" someone cannot find a big block candidate.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 AM
jude26
My Feedback: (1)

Would a LRP Z18S Motor be a direct drop in for the LD3?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: jude26

Would a LRP Z18S Motor be a direct drop in for the LD3?
As long as it is a small block, YES it will bolt right on but if it has a rear exhaust port, then you would have to get a header/pipe combo that would fit as well.

Also, I saw where someone mentioned that parts are hard to find for the OFNA cars...........BS, nitrohouse has TONS of parts for the CD3, LD3 and GPX4 1/10th scale cars