Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 PM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

ORIGINAL: sportster445

Well lets see, Where do I start!!![sm=thumbup.gif]
Had a chance to run the Tunnel today. We took it down to the pond
and gave it it's first run.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Little bit about the boat:
Zip Kit Hull
S-254 mod. by Viper racing Engine
Lawless Outdrive
6717-3 S,B&P prop
ride and speed where good for the first time out.
WOW, talk about had a blast. Runs just like the Champ Boats.
Nose up in the straights and drop the bow in the corners.
I've been running boats since 84 and never,never had this much fun.
The boat is just awesome. First we threw it in with the outdrive set at
neutral. Ran well,but porpoised abit.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Second run,set the trim 1 deg. positive. it picked the nose up very little,from
the first run,but didn't porpois anymore. We got to the water about 4 o-clock
and I didn't much time to try any more adjustments so I just went ahead and ran
a hole buch of laps just to have some fun. The boat is just a blast to run.
Can't wait to get to the pond earlier and do some more testing.
Thanks guy for all the info. ya'll been writing. Keep your nose up
and your tail dragon.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]

wish u got some pics,,
Old 12-22-2009, 07:51 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Body Guard

Hi Bob,
Appreciate your interest in my quest for a 'refined tunnel boat design'. I had the pleasure of meeting people in the full scale before now,Jon Jones, Tim Seebold, Craig Bailey to name a few..
In the rc, I've kept abreast of development in tunnel hulls and outboard. I already about AMPS leg back in the late 80s when I was running my 11 and 13 ccs Ob scratched built tunnels.
IMHO, you should restart to introduce the lowers as you already have the design. Expanding the dimension of those lowers to take on gas motors would not be too much effort and cost, would it?.
I don't know how to print the sketch along with the extract from my intended simple tunnel boat building book but attached is the text for your viewing and anyone to comment
''
here is some of Miller Angew and son's work {AMPS / TMP } gas tunnel hulls .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66252.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1340002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65315.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	1340003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39354.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1340004  
Old 12-23-2009, 06:03 AM
HOOTERS racing

ORIGINAL: Body Guard

Hi Hooters,
Nice and tidy set up on your hull. I can never get mine to look that neat. You have been testing quietly and not letting us in on the result.
Kind of hush hush right ?
Would you be so kind as to share where to get Servo city product from around this region ? Appreciate the info and keep up the good effort.
Go OB gas go
Latiff
hey mate

sorry for the late reply been running the boat to get some run time on i will as soon as i can get some vid just no time of late
i got my servo city servo kit from them www.servocity.com i think thats it as for the leg im useing its made buy a mate of mine
Greg Mortlock here in australia hope this helps

cheers
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Body Guard

[quote]ORIGINAL: specialk1

ORIGINAL: Body Guard

Hi Bob,
Appreciate your interest in my quest for a 'refined tunnel boat design'. I had the pleasure of meeting people in the full scale before now,Jon Jones, Tim Seebold, Craig Bailey to name a few..
In the rc, I've kept abreast of development in tunnel hulls and outboard. I already about AMPS leg back in the late 80s when I was running my 11 and 13 ccs Ob scratched built tunnels.
IMHO, you should restart to introduce the lowers as you already have the design. Expanding the dimension of those lowers to take on gas motors would not be too much effort and cost, would it?.
I don't know how to print the sketch along with the extract from my intended simple tunnel boat building book but attached is the text for your viewing and anyone to comment
''
here is some of Miller Angew and son's work {AMPS / TMP } gas tunnel hulls .
Hi SpecialK1,
Thanks for sharing those tunnel pics. I have programs relating to scale tunnel boat race in 2010 with a different race format here and don't mind starting with IB set up to start with. But once we have a lot of guys with ob set up , then it will be fully OB gas tunnel class.
Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here
Latiff
Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Body Guard

Hi Ian, Thanks for the info. Will get in touch with Greg after the new year celebration is over.
Have a good Christmas mate.
Rgds. Latiff
Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Body Guard

Guys, (and Gals),
Hope you all had a good and Merry Christmas. Got a viewing present for you all.
Click here for the present http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYOl5umMDCw

I Know, I know, it's no outboard. This is the last build for 2009 which close my research for now on tunnel for IB set up for different categories of motors as per our local/regional motor categories. Looking forward to 2010 where my focus shall be on OB gas tunnel and try and make use of my experience from the IB set up build.

Latiff
Body Guard Racing

Name:	Bz79296.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	1344095  
Old 12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
ThomasSalin

Happy New Year Outboarders!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Body Guard

Yea HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL TUNNEL BOATERS and all the other boaters too.

Body Guard
Old 01-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Hirobocool

Happy New Year
Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 PM
[email protected]

hello to everyone who I could tell where to find news and pictures of an engine 23/26cc rotary valve ...???? hello thanks Ivan
Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 AM
F1roddo

Hi guys, well Happy New Yar to all of you out there!!

I have been following this thread from the start and have learnt alot and have seen some great pictures of hulls and outboard legs. I am just wondering if anyone has developed or produced a more scale looking aboard similiar to what we have seen in earlier posts within this thread?? I know that some of you out there are possibly trying to come up with something....any progress on this front???

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Body Guard

Hi Chris,
Hope you have had a good Christmas and new year celebration. Its been rather quite in here cos' of the holidays. I guess it will start to pick up again son. Ive closed my research on IB tunnel boat and now focus on OB builds. It doesn't take me long to build the OB prototype and as soon as the goods arrive, I'll strap it on fast and do a test run. and do the finer adjustment base on the first trial run. My normal practice anyway. How about your side mate ? Any thing fresh. I'll bet you have something to share with us here. So let's see them.
Cheers.
Latiff
Old 01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
[email protected]

Forgive but do not understand much English! I might also explain with pictures what you asked me?? Unfortunately I do not understand when I use the translator and many words are clear im .... hello Ivan B:
Old 01-13-2010, 03:22 PM
HOOTERS racing

so whats eveyone up to any up dates

cheers
Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Foamworks

It doesnt hav a outboard but thought i would share my buld pics with everyone is it is a F1 Tunnel

Any tips would be great as this is my firs tunnel, i have only ever built deepvees and monos
Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Foamworks

How do i add photos???
Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 AM
dicko

Instead of using the fast reply box below, use the "Post Reply" button on the left directly under the last post, then use the " Click here to upload images and files!" link at the base of the dialogue box to upload your files.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:42 AM
YPC

Hi Hooter and every one else - a Great happy 2010 to you all.
We have recently got back from our awesome annual holiday on our small farm in the Eastern Cape, but are just here for the week before we head back to be a part of hosting the opening race for the FULL SCALE South African F1 season at our Queenstown sking club dam.
We have mannaged to invite three overseas pilots with there boats, one of which is a lady. It will be quite exiting racing, as our current champ is also a lady. Make no mistake, these girls can drive.
My eldest son, Nicholas (7 yrs) helping to istall a camera in the 2009 champs boat. Then the start of the final race of the weekend ! I love our Gas boats, but these are absolutely awesome.
I have no doubt that my sons will oneday want to compete in the Jnr classses
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

Name:	Rp43639.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1358831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11290.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1358832  
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Body Guard

Hey Dom(YPC),
Hope you had a good holiday. Thanks for sharing those pics. That's part of my project for 2010 i.e. building the full scale like I have done before only this time with sponsorship for a complete build. Your gas boat races for the Easter is still on ?

Best Rgds
Latiff
Body Guard.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 PM
YPC

Hi Body Guard - Happy new year !

Yes, thanks we had a great holiday ! our kids get to water ski, ride motor bikes, quads, go karts and just about anything with a motor, so who can complain.
The Easter weekend 2010 National race meeting is gaining momentum now, set for the 1-5th April, already having plenty of entries in most classes. I think this year will be a good year for the Gas F1 outboard class, having a number of experienced guys from 4 provinces preparingsome fast boats. I will also be at a disadvantage as I have not raced at such high altitude so it will be a good battle.
Your are going to have a great time building a full scale F1, especially when someone else pays for it. My wish would be that one of my kids takes an interest in the full scale boat racing. I would love to build there boats for them as they grow through the clases.
I will only get back to work early Feb, but am looking forward to it.
Have you had any luck with your lower legs being delivered yet, I am hoping to spend more time dicussing F1 OUTBOARDS with you rather than LOOKS LIKE F1 inboards. LOL

Kind regards
Dominic (YPC)
Young's Performance Craft
Old 01-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Body Guard

Hey YPC,
My guess is you did not get them to try PWC(Jetski) especially the stand-ups. That would have been a greater fun than those rides you mentioned. My second son is a star stand up performer and raced the runabout class internationally. Just got married and putting on a little weight. Don't know if he wants to race again. Personally, I've just got back from a Jetski commentary job in another state. There are offers for my son to ride for a couple of the teams for the forth coming (Early Feb) International Jetski racing in the same State. I've also been offered to be the race commentator for this race. For a fee of course.
As you said, 2010 is going to be a lot of fun building the full scale and the OB tunnel. Speaking of OB tunnel, the motor ordered has arrived but the lowers is on the way and tracking shows its already on our shore. Maybe delivered soon enough for me to start configuring the new OB hull.
Your invitation to race in RSA can be extended to me at this address:

Abdul Latiff Haji Osman
Body Guard Enterprise,
254B Jalan Tupong,
93050 Kuching
Sarawak, East Malaysia.

Thanks in advance for the invitation.
Best Regards
Latiff
Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 AM
YPC

Hi Body Guard
Funny that you mention Jet Skis. Both my wife Lisa-Marie and I were free style surf Jet skiers for well over 7 years, after surf racing inflatable boats for over 5 years, having a great sponsor. (The best 2 sports of our lives) But since we have started our family, now baosting four kids, our focus is outward toward them. I would need a jet ski with wheels now, having put on so much weight, being a dad has its privileges.
My eldest, daughter Jessica, 9 years old, handles the stand up pretty well on flat water, but I hesitate to allow her in the surf.
I have sent a request to the SA Nationals organiser to forward you an invitation from SAMBA, and copied you in on the mail. Please follow up ASAP if there are any delays.
I have asked that they send you all the required info with regards to classes, course layout and racing rules etc.
Will you have your outboard legs delivered in time to be able to race them in SA ?
Kind Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Young'z Performance Craft
Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Gator 340

Hello to every one My name is Tony and my brother and I have a couple of gas tunnel that we have been running  them for a couple of years now. I see on here that Specialk1 is from FT Lauderdale and that he and 9 of his buddies are building some gas tunnles and would like to find out how they are coming along and will they be at the 2010 Winter nationals in Orlando.As it stands there will be 4 of us racing in Orlando but would love to see the class grow.

gas out boards rule

Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Body Guard

Hey Dom,
If the package arrived, I have no problem building the wood tunnel within two weeks. Working backward from the set race date you gave, doesn't give me much time to do proper setting and testing. But you can bet I'll give it a good try as this is an opportunity that no other boaters here will get. Racing at international level and meeting other experienced and fast boaters. I don't mind admitting that it will give me a great mileage to further my cause here and hopefully the Ministry concern will be willing to sponsor my trip in full. Need to have the invitation ASAP so I can bring it to the Ministry's attention.
I had the chance to run the four strokers runabout pwc in the choppy waters at the last race site and man, doesn't that stock craft move. At WOT, the speedo was showing 57mph. At 60 years of age I can feel my facial skin moved rearward LOL.
Looking forward to get the official invitation from SAMBA.
Cheers .

Hi Tony,
Right with you.......Gas OB rules.

Body Guard
Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
YPC

Hi Body Guard

Craig has confirmed with me that he will be sending the invite ASAP. He also said that they have almost finnished moulding your hull so maybe they could prep a hull hear for you, saving you the hassle of building.

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum, where have you been ? It would be great to see some of what you are racing !

I have recently supplied a YPC X-Ray outboard leg to James Beasley (Current WC) who may race it at the 2010 Wordl Champs with you guys. I am keen to hear his remarks and see the results. We would love to join you guys some time in the near future.

Kind Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Youngz Performance Craft

Name:	Zx69975.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1359525   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99512.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1359526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39363.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1359527  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.