Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

nitro planes help

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

nitro planes help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:00 PM
doorman7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro planes help

I couldnt be more disappointed in the a-10 from guan li i bought a few weeks ago I dont think they ever tested or even flew this plane I want a fefund or some support from you guys for this plane. please help. I think the motors or speed control are wasted just get clicks from motors and the batteryis severly lacking thank you in advance for your response
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: nitro planes help

what's your order number? I'll have you send it back for refund then.

John
Nitro Planes

Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
madtowntwitch
My Feedback: (1)

[&o] I bought the black Friday sale brushed version of this plane as I come to find out that the plane wouldn't even leave the ground but after reading the "what the pros say" section on nitro planes I upgraded the battery and now I have one blown motor and the other one is pulsating. which doesn't mean much since when I got it the motors cut in and out before I changed the battery. I like the plane but you guys need to send me the brush less package to upgrade this plane so it will fly or send me my money back so I can buy one from someone that knows what they are selling........ I also bought a cap 232 which I gave away because it needed to be rebuilt due to the poor craftsmen ship...starting to bought you guys ... email me with any response to this issue please.. [email protected]
Old 01-06-2010, 01:01 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: doorman7

I couldnt be more disappointed in the a-10 from guan li i bought a few weeks ago I dont think they ever tested or even flew this plane I want a fefund or some support from you guys for this plane. please help. I think the motors or speed control are wasted just get clicks from motors and the battery is severly lacking thank you in advance for your response
I've tested both versions.

Did you get the brushed or brushless version.

If you are getting "clicks" from the brushed version, this indicates that you did not properly hook up the motors... normally it means that one of the leads is not making contact. All three leads must be connected. from the respective ESC to it's corresponding motor.

The instructions do not go into this, so you are left to puzzle this out on your own.

Unfortunately new fliers may not be used to dealing with this.

The supplied LiPo pack also produices about a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio which is pretty good for an EDF.

-

If you received the brushed version... the provided pack ideally should be replaced with a slightly higher voltage as suggested in "what the pro's say" entry.

Clicking indicates that the battery is not producing enough current to trigger the brushed motor turning over, but it is likely that the connections and BRUSHED ESC are fine.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: madtowntwitch

[&o] I bought the black Friday sale brushed version of this plane as I come to find out that the plane wouldn't even leave the ground but after reading the ''what the pros say'' section on nitro planes I upgraded the battery and now I have one blown motor and the other one is pulsating. which doesn't mean much since when I got it the motors cut in and out before I changed the battery. I like the plane but you guys need to send me the brush less package to upgrade this plane so it will fly or send me my money back so I can buy one from someone that knows what they are selling........ I also bought a cap 232 which I gave away because it needed to be rebuilt due to the poor craftsmen ship...starting to bought you guys ... email me with any response to this issue please.. [email protected]
Are you talking about the GLOW Cap 232?

That's a pretty nice plane. No "rebuild" is needed, just the usual TLC when assembling, but nothing more.

I have one, and I purchased another to give to a good friend which he is flying with an RCV in-line engine...

It's pretty sweat since the four stroke engine is completely unexposed within the cowl.

I don't know what you are talking. I found nothing "poor" about it.

The reviews have been pretty good as well.

-

As far as the A-10.

Were both fans turning fully before you put in the upgraded battery, in spite of the pulsing?

What battery did you use?

That the motors cut in and out, typically indicates an overheating ( very unlikely in your case ) or low voltage condition ( possible ) from the battery pack.

I do not think the brushed version can be easily upgraded to brushless but I may be wrong.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
madtowntwitch

the motors would cut in and out (not at the same time) with the stock batt. I changed it out with a 1500 ma lipo at 11.1 it almost didnt leave the ground even after doing that then it just quit.
If the brushless fan units are the same O.D. as the brushed units I can split the foam casing down the seem and do an install that way or just glueing the brushless pods on the fues...

IdK I've been biulding sence age 13 and I ran into so many issues with the citizen version of the cap 232 I gave it away...Sorry for the short tempered remarks I just hate it when things dont work the way they should....Maybe I just got an over looked kit that was bad who knows..
Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
opjose

PM John as well.

He hasn't been around for a few days so he is due to check in, though I'll bet they've been busy with the post Xmas stuff.

The brushed setup has a 1:1 or greater thrust ratio.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:23 AM
shassing

I just received the Airfield Tiger F-16 today and immediately put it together. After assembly I put the freshly charged battery in, adjusted and checked all the servos, everything was working fine. I throttled it up a little in my garage and the motor sputterred then quit, then the esc caught fire....what is that about?!?! It melted a hole in the fuselage. I also purchased an a-10 and F-18, I am afraid to even open those boxes, especially after reading some of the problems with the a-10 in this forum. How do I return all of the shipment for a refund?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
opjose

A fire is indicative of a short.

What shorted is unknown. Even the exposed bullet plugs of an ESC can cause such a thing on ANY airplane, if they remain in contact with one another.

Of course you could have just had a bad ESC.

If this has never happened to others, you haven't been in this hobby long enough!

Anyway PM John...

Because it happened with one plane, does it in any way indicate the same thing will happen with another.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
madtowntwitch

Yes its direct drive I ment to say 1500 mah 11.1v on the batt. Ive looked over the plane and its just a motor issue. It could have just been a bad set of motors they just really never sounded right to me right out of the box. I would like to at least get a new set of brushed motors just to see if that was the issue, Or just give me a discount on the brushless set up IM not trying to get hand outs I just want to fix this issue.

Over all the A-10 is well biult. The only issue Is the brushed version not haveing enough get up and go to fly with the stock pack.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 PM
opjose

The brushed version is definitely more powerful.

I think it has a better than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM
madtowntwitch

Well should I send the motors back to nitro and have you guys send out 2 new ones? I split the case with ease and pulled the motors to research brushless options but if Im the only one with this issue then maybe I should try the brushed motors one more time before switching out to brushless..
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
ramius

MadTown/Opjose:
Well, I certainly hope it's not perceived as me 'butting-in' here, but.....
Frankly I see more than one possibilities are still open here.
Since you've got a New LiPo Batt now (and we'll assume it's in a charged-condition), we'll take this one out of the equation.
This leaves 'Motors' and 'ESC' remaining,,,,, and who knows, maybe even receiver...
(yeap, it has to decode the pulses and instruct the ESC to run)(granted,,, it's not AS likely as other 'possible faults', but it COULD happen).

MadTown:
Is there anyway you can swap motors from side-to-side temporarily, and let everyone know the results. (does the exact set of problems follow or stay?).

I'm thinking if we can determine if most likely it is/isn't the ESC; and if we can determine the condition of the motors,,,, this will go a long way toward resolution.

My 2-cents
Old 01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
madtowntwitch

thanks for the insight, The motors how ever burned up. the plane is well biult its just way underpowered. Im working on a cheap kit that will fix nitro planes issue.You know sence they seem to not want to fix the problem. Ill post my ideas on a cheap upgrade when I get a nice flight out of the a 10.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:08 PM
opjose

Madtown

There is NOT a "problem" with the brushed motors as you've alluded to.

That is not to say you didn't have a problem with yours.

John can best address that and is pretty good about such things. Don't go by the on-line chat.

However the brushed version flies fine, particularly with higher voltage packs...

Here are a few videos of the A-10 with a stock brushless motor & LiPo packs as suggested.

Note the takeoff distance...

My brushed version flies the same way with LiPo's.

The brushless versions have greater thrust and take off in about 3/4 the distance required by the brushed versions, but the brushed plane performance is never-the-less pretty good.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-4eW7lcc&feature=youtube_gdata]Brushed Plane - One - Click me![/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeUNFb04C4w&feature=youtube_gdata]Brushed Plane - Two - Click me![/link]

The caveat with the brushed motors, is that you'll probably need to replace them after a few seasons once the brushes wear down. However brushed motors are inexpensive to replace.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:23 AM
rcrick10

you mean to tell me the a10 was meant to fly? i thought it was like a weird rc car just meant to pop wheelies. oh wait i pop ed a lipo and got a couple flights before the high voltage burned one of my motors now it only goes half as fast on the ground [:'(] what kind of shade tree hobby shop is this? you gained your customers one by one and that's how you will loose them[:@] a good experience is soon forgotten a bad one is never forgotten!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 AM
kid chuckles

And that my friends is the Nitro experience. Underpowered equipment that they KNOW will not do what they should. Not saying two maybe three guys have flown and actually made a video of. Then you have the others and many more of them than the ones who actually get a plane to fly out of the box as you should be able to or not sell them that way. One who gave plane away because of poor asembly. Instantly he is said to be a newbie. Come to find out ver experienced flyer w/ many planes. HMMMMMM and they wonder why i chime in from time to time to see if things have improved. And the survey says NO they just now have a moderator that deletes any posts that could be constructed as bad publicity. WTG NITRO, They even have some hunting hard to find someone somewhere producing the same plane, but when comes down to it there is no comparison one is sold by reputable company with a complete service dept. And one is sold by Nitro with no support and except looking similar have nothing else in common. Oh one will fly one won't without buying new batt, esc, motor, and the hot air provided by the 3-4 die hards here on this forum. To be deleted in just a short time as is done by all posts I put. None of which are flattering.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 AM
madtowntwitch

Well sence I got 1 simi flight out of mine before the motors blew up are you (nitro planes ) going to replace them or stick me with the bill? As far as I know untill this issue is fixed you owe me the money I forked out for this crap bucket. IM sick of suggestions I want answers!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 AM
rcrick10

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIRT S O GUN'S DELETED MY POST[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 01-19-2010, 09:00 AM
shassing

I am having similar problems. My a-10 took flight (brushless) but the canopy fell off during some inverted flight then I lost control 5 min into the flight (don't know if a motor failed or it was a transmitter problem) and it came down like a rock. I had another problem with a brand new F-16 esc catching fire before I ever flew it. I have had radio silence from Nitro Planes, no new esc. I guess we get what we pay for. Go to a local hobby shop where you can actually talk to a person and get some support. No matter how much cheaper these planes are, if you have to replace them weekly the savings quickly go away.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: madtowntwitch

Well sence I got 1 simi flight out of mine before the motors blew up are you (nitro planes ) going to replace them or stick me with the bill? As far as I know untill this issue is fixed you owe me the money I forked out for this crap bucket. IM sick of suggestions I want answers!!!!
This is a support forum only.

Demands fall on deaf ears and tend to "burn your bridges", so to speak.

You've been told already how to best handle it.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: shassing

I am having similar problems. My a-10 took flight (brushless) but the canopy fell off during some inverted flight then I lost control 5 min into the flight (don't know if a motor failed or it was a transmitter problem) and it came down like a rock. I had another problem with a brand new F-16 esc catching fire before I ever flew it. I have had radio silence from Nitro Planes, no new esc. I guess we get what we pay for. Go to a local hobby shop where you can actually talk to a person and get some support. No matter how much cheaper these planes are, if you have to replace them weekly the savings quickly go away.
Shassing

PM'ing John is the best way to get your ESC replaced.

That you were 5 minutes into the flight, and saw a failure while inverted, may have been due to the ESC's voltage cutoff kicking in.

The ESC's purposely cut the motor when they hit the cutoff voltage. You can restore short term operation by bringing the throttle all the way down, and then back up. This restarts the motor.

However when the motor cut occurs, you need to land the plane NOW, as you basically only have enough power for a straight in decending landing approach.

All of this is by design and not a problem.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 PM
madtowntwitch

No worries Im never buying a plane from nitro again so Ill burn away. Nitro dosnt stand by there products what so ever but they WILL tell you "well if you buy this or this it will work" in hopes that you will buy more crap from them... I incourage anyone with this same issue do what me and over 3 dozen of my flying buddies have done and turn it into the BBB.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THESE GUYS!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
kid chuckles

If not deleted so quickly maybe some of you fella's would heed my advise and steer clear of Nitro. I have been trying my best to let folks know that cheap is not good. Just like anything else you get what you pay for. When you buy a cheap plane ask yourself how do they sell them so cheap when other companies that build similar planes and heli's can't sell them for what Nitro does. Then when it won't leave the ground because of underpowerd motors Esc's and batteries you understand HOW the do it. Then you end up having to buy the motors etc that will actually fly it. And after your done buying one from say Horizon, Hanger 9 etc would actually end up cheaper and alot less stressful. Some of the guys here though think they are MR. Extreme Builder because they can actually make something out of them but exclude what they have to do to be able to fly them. Even the moderator here says Nitro is not for any begginer no matter what the ads say or what you buy. You need to have yrs. experience in building, all the tools, you would never need with another brand to check batteries, esc, motor voltage, well you get it. And then for the most part they still won't leave the ground without changing everything. They don't even send proper manuels and expect every one that buys from them to know exactly what where when and how to build might as well be a scratch builder, They do however have some cool paint schemes on there planes. I will give them that. But When a MODERATOR tells you not to go to where the company says go to for tech help well that should be the icing on the cake to steer clear because something is definetly wrong when your told to stay away from there tech support. Now every post saying anything derogatory about Nitro is deleted who can you trust NOT THIS SITE or they would not be deleting the posts describing REAL PROBLEMS seems they hurt themselves by hiding real issues folks have. AND THIS IS THE TRUTH. Used not to be that way but then they actually ran into OPJOSE who no matter what anyones problem is NITRO is not to blame it is you no flying, no building, so and so's that try to fly over your head even though you may have been flying for yrs. or own over 28 planes that all fly well but none are made by NITRO, CMP or any other affilitate of this NITRO site. IF you get to see this post you will be luck as OPJOSE will delete it as soon as he does and any other similar letting folks know to beware .
Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM
rcrick10

BROVO! I SECOND THAT MOTION[sm=punching.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.