Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > XHeli.com Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Falcon-X 3 channel

Community
Search
Notices
XHeli.com Support Forum If you have a question, problem or concern about your product from xheli.com, please use this forum to get answers to your questions.

Falcon-X 3 channel

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:47 AM
steve491

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon-X 3 channel

I purchased a few of these little 3 channel helicopters as Christmas gifts and I must say they fly very well and are very durable. I kept one for myself of course . I've had a couple cheapo 2 channel and more expensive 4 channel coax helis and for the money this little thing rocks. The only thing I would like is a more flight time because it's so fun to fly, but you can't ask too much from the tiny LiPo. At any rate I give it 4 stars and X-Heli 4 stars for delivery.
Steve
Old 12-22-2009, 09:25 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Falcon-X 3 channel

Thanks steve.

Andy
Old 12-29-2009, 02:06 AM
keavdog

I got two of these for my sons. They both fly helis - one flys the TREX 450 very well (15 yr old twins). They love them. Finally something they can fly in the house. Very stable - little strange changing yaw with the right thumb but my son says he gets used to it. Really cool in the dark. Well built. Only negative is run-time - maybe a longer running battery mod???? Also, would have been great to have a forward reverse trim as my sons chopper flys fast backwards but slow forward - nothing a little weight wont fix but again back to run-time...
Great, great, great deal for $29.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:39 PM
steve491

I agree 100%. Put a little tape on the nose and mine balance out fine in hover. One flies very slow forward and the other is very fast. What more can you ask for a $29 heli? LOL.!
I have a very long and narrow living room so they fly great, front to back and figure eights are fun, very fun. A higher capacity battery would be nice but weight would be a problem.
-Steve-
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM
yadac123

Enjoy the heli and happy new year to you all.

Andy
Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Falcol

Can anyone comment on the durability of these Falcon X 3 with gyro? Irecently played with a 2 ch RC helicopter I belive, it fly but man Icrashed it from a 12 feets height and nothing happened, durable little sucker, but just can't fly for crap (I managed to fly it decently after 2 hrs).

Since the falcon is metal, is it as durable as some of those composite material? What about the blade? (Any of you guys that crashed these, please chim in)

Also when are you guys restocking them? I am interested in one.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
keavdog

I took one of my sons out side and lost control of the little bird. It started ascending on its own up to about 15 feet...then came down. The only thing that happened was the tail rotor popped off. We put it back on and its been flying great. Pretty durable little chopper - and the lights are so cool.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM
lformigli

The Falcon X is my very first heli and I am having a great time with it.  I now understand that breaking helis is a part of flying them.  I broke the flybar off fairly early, and was able to get that replaced.  Now I am having 2 problems I hope someone can suggest answers for
1.  The tail rotor keeps spinning after it has been shut down.  If I physically stop it, it stays stopped
2.  When I give it full throttle, it doesn't have enough juice to get off the ground.  The rotors are spinning, but it goes nowhere and I can't fly it 

FYI:  Replacement rotors are available on eBay

This is my first post on this forum, so if there is another spot where I should ask, please redirect me
thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
steve491

It sounds like your battery is dead. Does it appear to charge from the transmitter?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:00 PM
lformigli

Sorry, should have mentioned that...  I've recharged the battery several times  It goes from yellowish to red, same as it did before, but it doesn't have enough umpft to get into the air.  I've had it for 2-3 weeks. 
Old 01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
steve491

Turn both rotors slowly by hand. Does it have a little play in the gears and then turn the motor? If it binds that explains your no lift off but that doesn't explain the tail rotor problem. If the mechanical aspect of your heli looks OK and the battery is OK then it might be the little circuit board in there which means buy a new one. That board is the receiver, speed controller, and gyro all in one little chip.
I've had very good luck with mine. I bought one for my father and it's still working. My wife flew mine and crashed it, still working. Wish I could help some more.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
lformigli

OK, the top set moves easily whether I move the rotors or turn the white plastic gear. The bottom set of blades seems to bind up a bit whether I am turning the blades or the gear. Also just noticed a small crack in one of the bottom blades, that I can replace as I have replacement bladesThanks for all your help I really hope its something that can be repaired. IT is so much fun to fly
Old 01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
yadac123

then take a look at the motor's pinon gear and make sure it's meshing with the gear that correspond to the upper blades.

Andy
ORIGINAL: lformigli

OK, the top set moves easily whether I move the rotors or turn the white plastic gear. The bottom set of blades seems to bind up a bit whether I am turning the blades or the gear. Also just noticed a small crack in one of the bottom blades, that I can replace as I have replacement bladesThanks for all your help I really hope its something that can be repaired. IT is so much fun to fly
Old 02-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Dietrich747

I don't know what those metal looking things are really made of, those really do help. But for those who barely crash it and would like to have a longer flight time, I'd say take off the dead-weight

they're not exactly dead weight because the toy designer must have had the fact that children will fly it in mind

1. the two plates on which are attached on the plastic which holds the motors on both sides of the heli must go
2. the plates which hold the plastic where the battery and chip is on must stay

i put away a few screws. i don't think i need them for now

3. if you're going to remove the excess parts, you're going to have to remove the canopy as well. keeping it on would just add weight on the front. take note that there are LEDs on it so be careful
4. remove the tailblades but it's your choice to remove the pedestal or bracket (pointed out by a green arrow in the image below)

note: i encircled the horizontal tailblade because it can be removed just by removing the two screws on top to avoid removing that little black thing that holds the ends of the bracket or pedestal in place

this did remove a sizable amount in grams but i don't really know if it will do much on yours because performance isn't consistent, like what steve491 said.

It wont look as pretty as before but it would still be just as fun to fly these things.

the less weight there is, the less work force is needed to keep it up thus using less energy. Using less energy means that the battery will get drained over longer amount of time?

hope this helps -Dietrich
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
yadac123

honestly those you don't really need. You can remove them if you want. They are there just to look kool.

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 02:14 AM
Mauilvr

My friend has one of these and just loves it! It's very well built and durable. I flew it for a few minutes and it is awesome.

But I can't find one to buy!

Can anyone point me to where I can get one?

TIA.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 AM
steve491

If you're looking for a Falcon-X then go to [link]http://www.xheli.com[/link]. They have them back in stock.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 AM
MoveBlast

been having same problem as Iformigli on post 8. wont fly!!!
brought a replacment part for the top mechanism, the one with the center weight, now it wont fly after.
the whole part will sometimes fly off on full throttel. the axel spinning faster then the blades.seem like the scew is to lose, but the screw wont get any tighter on this cheap plastic!! and its making odd noise.

fixed this by holding the white gear wheelsteadyat the bottom. while sloting the part in at the top, after 11 tries, yeah!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73054.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1385104  
Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
yadac123

getting that part removed is hard so I can help you out by sending you a complete rotor head. what's your order number?

Andy

ORIGINAL: MoveBlast

been having same problem as Iformigli on post 8. wont fly!!!
brought a replacment part for the top mechanism, the one with the center weight, now it wont fly after.
the whole part will sometimes fly off on full throttel. the axel spinning faster then the blades. seem like the scew is to lose, but the screw wont get any tighter on this cheap plastic!! and its making odd noise.

fixed this by holding the white gear wheel steady at the bottom. while sloting the part in at the top, after 11 tries, yeah!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
MoveBlast

i'd fixed my by glueing the scew in. my friend brought the same one's and the same problem.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 PM
yadac123

ok let me know if you ever need me.

Andy
Old 03-09-2010, 07:20 PM
skycomag

for #2 check your rotor and pinion gears.my does the same thing..STRIPPEDGEARS
i'm tring to find a more durable set.

ORIGINAL: lformigli

The Falcon X is my very first heli and I am having a great time with it. I now understand that breaking helis is a part of flying them. I broke the flybar off fairly early, and was able to get that replaced. Now I am having 2 problems I hope someone can suggest answers for
1. The tail rotor keeps spinning after it has been shut down. If I physically stop it, it stays stopped
2. When I give it full throttle, it doesn't have enough juice to get off the ground. The rotors are spinning, but it goes nowhere and I can't fly it

FYI: Replacement rotors are available on eBay

This is my first post on this forum, so if there is another spot where I should ask, please redirect me
thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 PM
yadac123

I do have few gear with me. let me know if you anyone needs one.

Andy
Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 PM
skycomag

2 pm's sent
Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 PM
yadac123

ORIGINAL: skycomag

2 pm's sent
oh I need order numbers and the part that you want me to send to you.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.