Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Humor
Reload this Page >

The most annoying sayings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Humor Have an RC related joke or story? If it is RC humor you're looking for we have this forum to make you happy now.

The most annoying sayings

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Coodude26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The most annoying sayings

When I was racing around my neighborhood at about 7pm (it was fall, so it was kinda dark, but I head some strong headlights) a lady who was apparently walking by came over to me saying "Excuse me! Young man?" ([:@] I'm 16...I've always hated being called that) At first I kinda think she was going to complain so I pull it over. Then she comes over and asks me:
"That's nice! What kind of tires are those?"
[:'(]
First off, out of everything to ask about, you're wondering what brand the TIRES are? What the hell does she expect me to say? "Oh, actually they're custom 5inch hydraulically stabilized yada yada"? It's like a 6 year old going up to a physicist and asking him what kind of equations he uses. I could tell her, but she would still have no ****ing idea what I was talking about.
So what did I end up telling her?
"RUBBER!"

And then, of course:
"How fast does it go?"
"oh well you know it actually goes a total of 40.973 MPH depending on solar flares and nearby earthquakes"-erm...
"I...um...well, pretty fast!"

How on earth would I know? Why would I WANT to know? I just know that it goes "kinda fast" and sometimes "pretty fast".
Now I would have understood, maybe she was interested and trying to make small talk. But this was like 7 o clock on a cold dark day. Now why would she, a 50ish year old lady, come up to me, ask me 2 questions, and leave?

( I wasn't actually as much of an elitist as I assume I made myself out to be in this post, but I mostly keep the steam coming out of my ears sealed under my hat in scenarios like this)
Old 01-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Coodude26

To end confusion:
To this date I have not found an official entry as to what RC actually stands for (though I'm sure many people disagree).
Modern society associates the word "remote" with the thing you use to turn on a TV.
However, "remote" simply means that it is off-site or not on-board.
Technically, we ARE controlling our subs/boats/cars/planes/helis remotely. As in, we're not on board to fly the thing.
And we ARE controlling it via a radio interface.
Therefore, both of the terms, "Remote controlled" AND "radio controlled" are technically accurate.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

RC Planes
"If I push down on the wing really hard will it break"?
"It cost what? I hope you got kissed because you got screwed"!
After breaking off a piece from the rudder, "These things aren't built very strong".
"Those things are a waste of time and waste of money". This coming from a Golfer.
"I want the best "most expensive" RC plane in the store"! Shop owner points up to a used Byron F16 with Wren turbine hanging overhead. "$5,000! 'looks shocked' Um, is it easy to fly"?
"God, another cub why don't people in this club fly something original"? I thought ALL scale RC airplanes where copies.
Stupid Conversation
Him,"Wow that's a really nice plane"! Me,"Thanks!" Him,"What radio do you use"? Me,"Futaba". Him, "Futabas suck you should have got a JR". What engine is that"? Me, "Super Tigre" Him, "Super Tigers suck you should have got a OS. What fuel do you use"? Me, "Red Max" Him, "Red Max sucks you should use Cool Power. Who's kit is that plane anyway"? Me, "Hey you know what, I've been flying this plane for six years now without any problems so why don't you go over and help someone else set up their plane since you don't even have a plane to fly".
Guns
"How far will it shoot"?
"Why do you need a gun like that for"?
"My uncle has a 30-30 and that thing kicks like a mule!"
Said at a shooting range, "Is that real"?
Photography
"Dose that camera take good pictures"? I guess if It where a brush he'd ask if it paints beautiful pictures
"Is that a telephoto lens? How far can you take a picture"? As far as light travels?
"Nikons take better pictures than Canons". This hammer whacks nails better than that hammer.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:08 AM
dannfive0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of my favorites:

When flying an obvious quiet as can be electric aircraft. "Is that gas?"
"How high can it go?" "How much for one of them?" Which I usually respond with just the cost of the airframe.
The best was when a father and son were watching me fly at a park and the son was in aww, but the dad saying,"Its not that hard, I think I used to fly these when I was a kid" You think?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

The best is when the local "expert" that learned to fly a couple of years ago on a buddy box with a friend, comes over and starts offering unsolicited advice to the new club member saying that plane is too advanced for a beginner. If he would have asked a couple of question would have found out that this new guy has been flying for decades and is also a professional flight instructor, and even after learning this still argues flight physics, because in his "experience" (insert problem) always happens because the wind was from the wrong direction or there is intermitent interference at this field or any one of a number of anecdotal answers.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I hate hearing it will be in on monday "supposedly" and you have a perfect weekend lost to parts shortage..
Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 PM
dh7583

Make it crash!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 AM

I think its all been said. 
Old 03-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Well, almost all
Old 03-20-2010, 07:37 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Haha I agree on that one! I had many people ask the same dang question.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: 52238

I think its all been said.
.....Then as your flying your P-40 a guy says behind you that his Grandfather flew a Mustang like that in Vietnam.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:58 AM
coachdavis10

Buddy of mine always says, "I hope you crash" He has no CLUE!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 AM
highlander84

Ive been annoyed as much as anyone im sure.... the ones that annoy me the most... How fast can it go, How High. can I fly it? my XXXX has one.  and.... some little kids (6-12years) ask me how much it cost, then tell me their gonna have their mom/dad get them one so i can show them how to fly it. Has yet to happen... wonder why... my 2Cents.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
daytona squared

asking to use it
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Airframe_002
My Feedback: (9)

My favorite would have to be "I want to WATCH you crash". when those same friends want to "hang out" and go with you to the flying field. [:'(]
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 AM
Bundubasher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While preparingone's third scale pride and joy at the field, some "know it all" strolls up saying ..."I've got one just like that at home,mine is biggerbut this XXmodel typeis useless because it gives too much trouble...." Makes you wish you were a Greek god with a few bolts of lightning to spare........
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Born2Fly
My Feedback: (21)

How much..? and how far...?
This make me sick[:'(]
Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Some at the field that are extremely optimistic after a crash, and say "Oh, you could fix that, it doesn't look too bad." I recall the same ones need help putting an ARF together. Sure I could fix it, it would weigh 1lb more, take a week, and why would I want to do that? It's just an ARF, chosen for not being a kit in the first place.
As I inspect what isn't damaged, love the ones that hover over my shoulder asking to have this and that, like the loss of the plane itself wasn't enough.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48310.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1435251  
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Biggest mistake of my life-
friend- Can i try your megapro Buggy?
me- all right, but don't cr-
friend- Sorry, crashed it into the curb.
me- O_O
Me- i learned a valuble lesson- don't share your hobby grade rc. (this ACTUALLY happened....)
ALSO, when the small ones stare. ALSO (last one, i swear.) when they say 'I want one! Where could i get one?' I tell them go to ebay. 'You could get one for half of my price i got one for. 50.00 for you, i payed 100.' Then they go 'Thanks.' It's soooo funny.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:13 PM
bigdogkanicsar

i'm into on-road racing. but this is pretty much the way it went::::

my buddy: fire it up and let me try it

me: no, i'm ok

my buddy: come on ,i'll go slow

me: ok, hand me $400 cash in advance

my buddy: you are f*$%&n' crazy

me: EXACTLY, funny that's what i was thinkin' bout you!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 AM
mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: drakenn

The most annoying thing ever is the friend who refuses to buy his own RC, but when you go out flying or driving he must always get to use the extra. Not only that, but if its broken he demands the extra one be fixed so he can try use it? He can't fly (we wont let him till he at least shows he can hold it upright in the sim) but he can drive just fine. It's more the fact he refuses to buy his own because we have spares so he can just use those! I could understand if we were teenagers, but we're all 26+. Stupid mooch.
Older post, but yeah this is what happens to me. I have a lot of vehicles, a few radios, and enough different crystals to run my own race. So yeah, I've got that one friend who refuses to buy his own and just asks to come over and run mine. I've known him forever and I really don't mind, but it would be more fun if he would get something of his own instead of mooching off of me.

And no matter what stupid questions I get, I always try to answer them as best I can. When a kid is just begging to drive it, if I happen to have my Tamiya Grasshopper I'll let him. Even if it is run into a brick wall, the worst that happens is the steering rods bend, and can be bent back with fingers. If I don't trust them I'll use the radio to set throttle at 50%, but it's still faster than a New Bright and I've never had them say anything. Remember you could be starting a lifelong hobby for these kids, so be nice!

I run all electric, so the one thing that does annoy me is when people ask if they are gas.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: drakenn

The most annoying thing ever is the friend who refuses to buy his own RC, but when you go out flying or driving he must always get to use the extra. Not only that, but if its broken he demands the extra one be fixed so he can try use it? He can't fly (we wont let him till he at least shows he can hold it upright in the sim) but he can drive just fine. It's more the fact he refuses to buy his own because we have spares so he can just use those! I could understand if we were teenagers, but we're all 26+. Stupid mooch.
Older post, but yeah this is what happens to me. I have a lot of vehicles, a few radios, and enough different crystals to run my own race. So yeah, I've got that one friend who refuses to buy his own and just asks to come over and run mine. I've known him forever and I really don't mind, but it would be more fun if he would get something of his own instead of mooching off of me.

And no matter what stupid questions I get, I always try to answer them as best I can. When a kid is just begging to drive it, if I happen to have my Tamiya Grasshopper I'll let him. Even if it is run into a brick wall, the worst that happens is the steering rods bend, and can be bent back with fingers. If I don't trust them I'll use the radio to set throttle at 50%, but it's still faster than a New Bright and I've never had them say anything. Remember you could be starting a lifelong hobby for these kids, so be nice!

I run all electric, so the one thing that does annoy me is when people ask if they are gas.
see, i wish my wife would let me get a couple evader ep trucks for my twin daughters, i know they would love it.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 PM
mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

see, i wish my wife would let me get a couple evader ep trucks for my twin daughters, i know they would love it.
I'm sure they would love it! I don't have children, but my roommate does, and on the weekends he has them I let his kids run the Grasshopper. His little girl is a natural, actually using the proportional controls and not just banging on the endpoints. I don't race, but I told him if she was my kid I'd be seeing about getting her started in racing.

Speaking of kids, and back on topic, I had one try to heckle me a few weeks ago while I was running one of my on road cars. He yelled "I liked model cars too! When I was four!" I almost responded with "So you mean last week huh?" but wasn't about to get into that kind of an argument with someone a third my age. [&:]
Old 05-16-2010, 05:16 PM
bigdogkanicsar

lol
Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 AM
3D Pal

Some little 5 year old asked if he could pet my reactor...(reaching for the propeller while spinning) I say "sorry buddy she wants to fly " and he gets into an arguement about if its a boy or girl. Or how about when you crash and someone says "It aint werkin!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.