Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM
stalyoni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

i would rather a i dont give a f^%$ plug it in solution that actually works but thats just me.

Stal.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 PM
barak1001

If you haven't noticed I enjoy building and tinkering on the choppers as much if not more than actually flying them.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM
stalyoni

as do i

Im a computer technician and i enjoy tinkering with those more, heres my computer

Stal.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Edmund2

Did the adjustment which somehow sorted out all the other trim issues as well. Had to move the rudder trim two lines off centre thereafter got stable straight vertical lift with all other trims as on the picture in the manual and one you sent. Missus got upset after the 4th lipo so had to put it away for the evening as she did not like tables becoming helipads and chairs mountains to cross with the fan 6 meters away supplying the "moutain winds".

My daughter is a teacher and she arranged access to the school hall, will give it a try.

Edmund
Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 AM
ss2fly

Got my BOL / Walkera 400 blades, man there HEAPS bigger, cant wait to try em out!!

One question though, they dont fit in the V4 blade grip / holders so do I make the blade thinner where it screws to the holder or fit another type of holder / grip ? Either way is fine with me.......

Oh yeah, my new radio set arrived today BUT, the dummy sent me a 40mHz set instead of the 2.4G set !!!!!!  AAAAARRRRGH !!!!!!!!!

More waiting.......... LiPo still not here anyway............

Andy.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
barak1001

ORIGINAL: stalyoni

as do i

Im a computer technician and i enjoy tinkering with those more, heres my computer

Stal.

My C2D that I'm currently running. I yanked the AC7 Pro off it about a year ago and put a Zalman on it instead.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: ss2fly
Got my BOL / Walkera 400 blades, man there HEAPS bigger, cant wait to try em out!!

One question though, they dont fit in the V4 blade grip / holders so do I make the blade thinner where it screws to the holder or fit another type of holder / grip ? Either way is fine with me.......

Oh yeah, my new radio set arrived today BUT, the dummy sent me a 40mHz set instead of the 2.4G set !!!!!! AAAAARRRRGH !!!!!!!!!

More waiting.......... LiPo still not here anyway...........
Hey again Andy,

Yeah. Just sand the blade root down so it fits into the grip is the easiest While you wait for that lipo you could always camouflage paint the set of blades..........

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. Be prepared to cut the blade length down a bit if they strain the motors to much............
Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
Did the adjustment which somehow sorted out all the other trim issues as well. Had to move the rudder trim two lines off centre thereafter got stable straight vertical lift with all other trims as on the picture in the manual and one you sent. Missus got upset after the 4th lipo so had to put it away for the evening as she did not like tables becoming helipads and chairs mountains to cross with the fan 6 meters away supplying the ''moutain winds''.
My daughter is a teacher and she arranged access to the school hall, will give it a try.
Hey again Edmund,

Don't you hate killjoys?? Still, I find it best to obey what the misses wants

P.S. You will notice the difference in flight characteristics when you have a large area to fly - due to the lack of wind bouncing off furniture (helipads..... er.... tables & chair mountains etc)
Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Gothic

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: ss2fly

Oh yeah, my new radio set arrived today BUT, the dummy sent me a 40mHz set instead of the 2.4G set !!!!!! AAAAARRRRGH !!!!!!!!!

More waiting.......... LiPo still not here anyway...........
Hey again Andy,

Yeah. Just sand the blade root down so it fits into the grip is the easiest While you wait for that lipo you could always camouflage paint the set of blades..........

P.S. Be prepared to cut the blade length down a bit if they strain the motors to much............
Hello to all

Peter, I'm I correct thinking you are using the BOL/Walker 400 blades on your L4 ? If so what are the improvements you see?
I may have just gotten lost in the thread. [sm=72_72.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]

G.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Edmund2

Was wondering where the wind came from when flying through a "valley" then correcting for forward flight just to do a large opposite correction when getting out of it to pevent it crashing into a sofo. Well I am off to home TO FLY AGAIN!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Peter and Stalyoni, thanks for your help, but I got tired of messing around with my Black Night, I just couldn't get her to fly right. Michael from USHobbySupply has told me that I could drop it off at his place and he will take a look at it for me. He is a great guy and has always been very helpful. I wish he would pop in this thread from time to time, but I understand that he is very busy.
I'll let you guys know what was wrong, so we can all laugh at my silly mistake.

Here is a little constructive criticism for everyone.
Size your picture so it doesn't take up so much room. Like this, all you have to do is click my pic and it will get larger so you can see it better, but doesn't take up too much space.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41983.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	1370982  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM
barak1001

So you're saying it's okay for Stalyoni to go off topic, and post a picture of his computer but not for me to?

I get it you don't like me, not going to make me go to a corner and cry, give it a rest.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Wheelnut

Barak, sorry if I offended you, as far as I'm concerned it is ok for anyone to post off topic, I really don't care. But I think it is hypocritical to tell someone else not to do it and then do it yourself.

Also, I am not saying I don't like you. You may be a great guy, but you don't come off that way on this thread.
I will leave it at that and I hope we can find common ground from here out.

Aa far as this thread goes, I am here for help, there isn't much I can do for anyone on this thread with the very little I know about helis.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
barak1001

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Barak, sorry if I offended you, as far as I'm concerned it is ok for anyone to post off topic, I really don't care. But I think it is hypocritical to tell someone else not to do it and then do it yourself.

Also, I am not saying I don't like you. You may be a great guy, but you don't come off that way on this thread.
I will leave it at that and I hope we can find common ground from here out.

Aa far as this thread goes, I am here for help, there isn't much I can do for anyone on this thread with the very little I know about helis.
Read back through the thread from the beginning. I've been a far bit more helpful than most. In fact a lot of what Peter has picked up about the coax has been from asking me questions.

According to your standards I'm in a no win situation. Either I should have not responded to his off topic post at all or I should have went overboard about it and complained in order to not be a hypocrite.

Me complaining about the SR posts in the Esky section had less to do with the fact that it wasn't a coaxial and much more to do with the fact that it's manufactured by Eflite which is a competitor to Esky.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Gothic
Hello to all
Peter, I'm I correct thinking you are using the BOL/Walker 400 blades on your L4 ? If so what are the improvements you see?
I may have just gotten lost in the thread.
Hey again G,

It is a very easy thing to do - lose exactly what we are posting answers to....[sm=wink_smile.gif] What Andy has built is a Huey shell with Lama4 mechanics and (I think) 11.1v electronics. I'm not even sure which brand he decided upon in this regard Anyway, he is having troubles with lift due to the AUW of this "great-looking frankenstein's" and - I think it was me - suggested that he order Walkera 400D blades as they will better get his heavy bird off the ground (but maybe at the expense of his motors[:@]). That is where you came in....

P.S. Please correct any details that I got wrong Andy[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 02-03-2010, 04:57 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut
Am I wrong or wasn't it Barak that was telling Stalyoni earlier in this thread that this wasn't a thread for the Blade SR, and now Barak is posting pics of computers??
Sounds like a double standard to me.
With people like Barak around that like to argue their point to death, even when no one else is listening. I think it is a good idea that we are more clear in our post.
Example;
I would like the Blade SR because I don't want to have to tinker with it too much and I am confident that E-Flite will have it trimmed out and ready to go.
I am the same way with my Planes, but on the other hand, I love to tinker with my RC Trucks and cars.
We are all different, so to be able to enjoy this thread we need to either learn to get along or at least tolerate each others ideas, and not turn it into an argument everytime a disagreement comes up.
Peter and Stalyoni, thanks for your help, but I got tired of messing around with my Black Night, I just couldn't get her to fly right. Michael from USHobbySupply has told me that I could drop it off at his place and he will take a look at it for me. He is a great guy and has always been very helpful. I wish he would pop in this thread from time to time, but I understand that he is very busy.
I'll let you guys know what was wrong, so we can all laugh at my silly mistake.
Here is a little constructive criticism for everyone.
Size your picture so it doesn't take up so much room. Like this, all you have to do is click my pic and it will get larger so you can see it better, but doesn't take up too much space.
Hey again Wheelnut,

I wasn't aware that you were still having problems with your Black Knight![&:] Pity, 'cause she looks wonderful - but in the end it is a bird and likes to fly & "be free".......

P.S. If anyone can, Michael will get her flying again - just like a phoenix (but she won't have to catch fire first).......
Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Wheelnut

Peter,
Yes, I can't wait. My plan is to actually sell the Black night. I am scaling down my heli hangar to just my E-Sky Hunter, E-flite Blade CX and my MCX.
I really would like to have the Blade SR as well and the Big Lama, but I don't see it happening since I have so many other things going on with RC.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Guys, lets quit the bickering. I cleaned up some of the stuff that doesn't need to be here. Lets stay on topic.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Gothic

Oh! Damn it worked!

Here's My 3 L4s , my painted canopies and the 3 landing towers!

Practicing landing on these towers is really a challenge but a lot of fun.

G.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13105.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1371327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15725.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	1371328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50456.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1371329  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
pgroom_68

Oh! Damn it worked!
Hey again G,

Nice birds and landing towers! Why do some of them appear to have white powder on them? Did you just dust them for prints?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Edmund2

Ok gentelmen, this is for anybody that give me the answer to this one. Got my L4 in a stable hover about 1m above the ground. Then wanted to do a 360 turn around the axis. When moving the rudder to the one side it started to rise without me increasing throttle, when doing it in the opposite direction it almost dropped to the ground with audible lower rpm whilst about only 210 degrees in the turn. Is it nomal Co-Axial behaviour or do I have problem somehwere?

Edmund
Old 02-04-2010, 01:27 AM
ss2fly

You pretty much summed it up Peter. Here is a rundown of what the Huey is made up of.....

1 x Esky Lama V4
1 x 1/24 scale Monogram UH-1D Huey Helicopter kitset (EXTENSEVELY MODIFIED)
2 x C-10 brushless motors 11.1v
2 x Turnigy 6A ESC's
1 x V-tail mixer
1 x Telebee Gyro
1 x set of Walkera 400 / BOL blades
1 x 2.4G nano Rx

And a whole lot of lateral thinking and fabricating..........

Put the whole lot in a bucket, shake, dont stir and out pops a coax scale Huey........ sort of........

This motors have oodles of grunt and with the bigger blades has heaps of lift now.

I pretty much pulled the mechanics out of the V4, fitted all the brushless gear and made a cradle to mount it in the Huey fuselage which has scale flight deck etc......

All up it weighs around 379g which is as Barak kindly pointed out almost twice the weight of a normal V4

Special thanks to Barak1001 (Tony) and pgroom_68 (Peter) who have helped out emormously and kept me sane(ish)

This is not something for the faint hearted to attempt, it requires a LOT of thinking and making parts as there is no others (that I know of) to copy or get ideas from........

It flies great and is more than I expected.

Andy.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 AM
stalyoni

wheelnut, your heli looks great but if i was you i would do away with the extreme skids and get some boomtown skids and a rubber band. You wont look back. Also you do realize your tail fin is upside down. Take the back false tail prop out too mate, only adds extra unneeded weight.

G great set of helis mate. There looking really good champ.

Anyways happy flying all.

I will have some videos for you all soon, you will be impressed.

Stal.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Gothic

ORIGINAL: pgroom_68

Oh! Damn it worked!
Hey again G,

Nice birds and landing towers! Why do some of them appear to have white powder on them? Did you just dust them for prints?

Hey Peter,

What appears to be dust is actually paint. The colors don't show as well in the photos maybe because of the high gloss finish. They look better in real life. Those Commanche canopies I found for $2.18 each. Very cheap .

G.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
pgroom_68

Oh! Damn it worked!
Hey again Gothic,

O I C! Fully interchangable canopies in different colours and different designs - wow! The flash bouncing off the paint was a bit confusing to me....
How is it to land on such a tower as those? Tricky I bet! I don't think my L4 would do it ATM - it is in need of another outer shaft.........

P.S. I was gonna ask if you caught the criminal who tried to swipe your fuselages/canopies (but I thought you wouldn't get the joke![sm=49_49.gif]
P.P.S. How did you attach the platform to the cylinder and the cylinder to the floor?[sm=confused.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.