Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Where do you run your nitro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Raguvian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where do you run your nitro?

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

is this america or amerika? how can they tell you no nitro as long as it is ran during daylight hours and doesn't exeed the decible limit for the township/city .. they mow their lawns don't they,they use a weed eater don't they, they use a snow blower don't they LOL ...... run the GT with pride
I live in Kalifornia...

BTW, how do you like you GT? The one I'm getting has the blue aluminum chassis, so is that the Team kit?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

man i really like my GT's i got 2 i run and a shelf queen .... wow kalifornia .. better be careful arnold will terminate ya

MMmMmmm i love the smell of nitro in the morning !!!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

I usually run mine wherever I feel like driving. Schools, parking lots, BMX and Motocross tracks, gravel pits, etc. When I had a decent sized yard, I would run there as well. I used to run on public streets, but the cops would be called once every few weeks (Sometimes more often due to "other" noise complaints). I got sick of dealing with them, so I mostly stopped that.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

im in so cal. back when i was running a nitro TC i ran when and where i wanted. empty parking lots, the street in front of my house, the local elementary schools. all i ever got was security or a cop would cruise by maybe make a hollow threat, tell me to leave or put it away. aside from the noise i don't think theres anything illegal about them. What are they going to do?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:59 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
*** are they going to do?
Plenty of things. Cops know that they have the power and respect within society to manipulate situations in order to get their way. It doesn't matter if what you are doing is technically legal; if you piss off a cop, there's a very good chance that you'll end up in an unwanted situation.

It's better to avoid involving them whenever possible. Use caution and good judgment. I had terrible judgment as a young-mid teenager, and I screwed myself over many times with bad decisions. Trust me when I say that cops are not here to serve and protect, but to make money and inflate their reputation, just like everyone else. Don't give them any reason to turn you into a sideshow.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: HPI_Savage_RC

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
*** are they going to do?
Plenty of things. Cops know that they have the power and respect within society to manipulate situations in order to get their way. It doesn't matter if what you are doing is technically legal; if you piss off a cop, there's a very good chance that you'll end up in an unwanted situation.

It's better to avoid involving them whenever possible. Use caution and good judgment. I had terrible judgment as a young-mid teenager, and I screwed myself over many times with bad decisions. Trust me when I say that cops are not here to serve and protect, but to make money and inflate their reputation, just like everyone else. Don't give them any reason to turn you into a sideshow.
Yeah, I have to agree. I've seen cops give people a hard time just because they know they can... better to avoid an argument and just leave and come back later...

I still can't wait to get it and run it! I'm also going to try running it on my school campus and see if the school police give me crap about it as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

screw those cops there is nothing they can do.
if i run into cops i tell them to go blow smoke.
i dont take no crap from cops. there is plenty of other stuff around here they should be worrying about like the meth labs that are springing up all over the place.
or all the drunk drivers in our area.
my area has the highest dui rate in the whole state
Old 02-13-2010, 04:11 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

I agree with Devils-Reject. I don't personally care for cops and when they harass me for my RC's, I tell them to go pound sand. Unless it's posted "No Trespassing" then you're good to run anywhere you want and as long as it's before whatever time the noise disturbance law is in effect, you're fine.

They have better things that they should worry about and not someone having fun playing with their toys.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:41 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also agree with the last 2 posts. There e some realy cool cops outhere but there are some who are just on a freaking power trip. I have had my run ins with these idiot cops and I love making them feel stupid when they are dead wrong about stuff. I could give a few examples but that would be a whole other thread.

Recently in the news down here. Florida State Trooper gets busted for writing hundreds of bogus tickets to folks who didn't even break the law.

Cops from the Broward Sheriffs Office get busted for dealing drugs. Oh the irony.

Dade County Police. Just Google Corruption Dade County Police.

Nuff said.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

yes. there are some cops that are cool we have a few, and then there are the 2-3 power trippers that just like to bust people.
i had a cop write my friend a ticket and while he was doing that he was telling me i better get covers on the lights on my roof bar on my lifted jeep....
he was gonna write me a ticket right there and then i while this was going on we were standing behind the jeep.

i told him i have the lights covered  and they are always covered unless i am wheeling out some place.
he argued with me untill i took him to the front of the truck and pointed to the coverrs ..
he was like well they were not on there the other day and someone else was driving....
i was like dude. shut up your lieing not only do those covers NEVER  come off NO-ONE drive my truck but me.

that guy is always trying to get me but he never can...and gets under his skin.

unless you are causing a problem with your r/c the popo should leave you alone.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 AM
cumquat

i run in my yeard and the street. we have no problem with most of our nabours. the one we have a little issue with cant hear me reving the engine anyway.i have never been asked to stop or anything, and i have had the pipe pop off (that is very loud).
Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cops have been called on me numerous times, but there is no noise ordinance during daylight hours so they kindly ask me to take it somewhere else, about 5 mins after he leaves I fire it right back up out of spite. My Associateds and Losis are pretty quiet, its when I fire up the DM1... that's what usually gets the cops called. One day someone called the cops on me about 6 times, this cop came by and threatened to take it away because it was an aid to criminal mischief or something like that. I didn't feel like losing an rc car over something stupid so I put it away. Then took the muffler off my riding mower and mowed the lawn for a few hours. Nothing like a 13.5 horse briggs and stratton running open header. Surprisingly that didn't get the cops called on me.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Marine Brad

I run my RC's in the local parking lots and in wide open space in which I crreate short courses and tracks to improve my driving techniques and skills. The people in my local area just seem to be amazed when I am driving my cars and they want one themselves so it is not a big deal. I would like to start racing them soon though but I need to build up my driving skill before hand.