Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Has anyone tried this on the lst2

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM
glk420247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried this on the lst2

[link]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/6931/n/Fioroni-Black-Carbon-Turbo-Twin-Sliding-ClutchClutch-Shim[/link]
Old 02-14-2010, 07:47 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone tried this on the lst2

I run the older two-shoe version in my truggies, and on 25 and bigger size engines, those clutches are brilliantly low maintenance.. Ten gallons is realistic on a modest 26-28 I would say..(maybe not some mosnter modded Picco or Nova or something..)

BUT, I do think they're not exactly a direct fit in an LST2.. The Losi MT's have that weird, narrow flywheel, so getting a more normal size one in there isn't a direct swap-out.. You probably have to dremel something.. Pretty sure that was all covered a few years back by 2DMax.. Might have to do a search either here or at lstforums... - maybe google..
Old 02-14-2010, 07:53 AM
glk420247

I just have not been to Amain for awhile now and was just checking some things out today. And I saw this set up. I put in the search Lst2 and this set up was on the first page. There is a Flywheel that comes with this set up, but your probrably right with having to do some mod or something. I might check this one out just to see for myself. Later and Thanks.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:15 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Little tip if you get this clutch: get these Kyosho washers:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-Shim-5

The stock brass Fioroni one is the only weak spot of that clutch.. They egg out of shape rather quickly.

To be honest though, as much as I love this clutch for bashing in buggies or truggies, IMHO there are better ways to spend your money for an LST2.. You can get the stock alu clutch for cheap on e-bay, and it'll probably bite better, and they last pretty long too - and yeah, no modding. Though yes, not as long as a Fioroni, and they require more maintenance..(filing burs off after every 2-3 gallons or so in my case...)

We'll see how my LRP 30 does with a new stock LST2 clutch though.. I may end up wanting to put my Fioroni on it if it eats the clutch too much..
Old 02-14-2010, 08:23 AM
MaddMatt

I put an MGT vented flywheel on my Aftershock, and had to dremel the chassis out around the flywheel because of the way the stock flywheel is kind of bell shaped and set back around the front bearing of the engine, and the MGT flywheel is more of a flat disk shape, and larger diameter. But it was no big deal.