Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Instable belt cp when hovering

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Instable belt cp when hovering

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:16 AM
clvalentini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instable belt cp when hovering

Hi!

It's beeing very hard to hover with my belt cp, because lately it's been hard to keep the same flight level. Even if i try to adjust it manually during the flight, the helicopter keeps lowering and ascending as if there was some kind of instability of the power supply. I am not pretty sure what is the source of the problem and how to solve it. Could it be the esc or the motor? Does anybody have any opinion?

Thank you very much,

Claudio
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Tinkman

Default RE: Instable belt cp when hovering

Hello Claudio,
It's hard to say without seeing what's happening. How much of a fluctuation is it, and how fast does it happen? Sometimes that will happen due to the detents on the left stick. It will seem to be either too fast or too slow to hover right where you want. If this is the case, you can modify your Tx and remove the device that causes the ratcheting.
If your problem is much more aggresive than what I described it may very well be the ESC.

Tinkman
Old 02-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Disney1

Another question, How windy has it been
Do not forget that the helicopter is a Rotary Wing Aircraft. In windy conditions tha heli will go up or down according to the wind while hovering, this can be a fairly rapid action and can ce a large (several feet) depending on the wind.

Do you have the Esky ESC or have you upgraded. The Esky ESC is notorious for catching FIRE while in flight
The verticle movement may be teh ESC, Do you notice a change in the RPM of the motor in flight?
Replaceing the ESCis tha first upgrade I did and most fliers do.
Here is a link to the ESC I use and where I buy all my heli stuff I can.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...oducts_id=1014

Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 AM
clvalentini

Hello, Tinkman,

Thank you so much for your message. Actually i upgraded the esc too. The one i use at the moment is very similar to the one you talk about. But i think there might be some kind of problem with it. Currently the weather conditions here where i live dont allow me to make out door flights, so i am experiencing this instability even with no wind. I am gonna check all the wire connections, change the esc and make another test. Any way am not pretty sure that this instability is not a feature of the belt cp. I am used to fly the EXI 450 witch is very stable. Maybe it is only cause i am not able to command the heli as well as i should.

I'll keep trying ...

Tears,

Claudio
Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 PM
cjennjr

Check your head speed - also, what pitch do you have your blades? Around 5-6 degrees should be good for hovering. Rotor head speed is one of the main reasons for your helo going up and down, or "bobbing" IMO. Can you check your throttle curve (don't know if you have adigital tx (Spektrum) or ESKY Tx).
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Ddaddy

I'm new to this great hobby but I've found some variations in batteries. Hope it's something simple.
Ken