Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HPP-21 PLUS Will not Update

Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
HoseA
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPP-21 PLUS Will not Update

I can't seem to be able to get an answer from Hitec Customer Service so maybe someone on this forum can help me.

I have a Hitec HPP-21 PLUS that I am unable to get to work at all. I have tried to install the latest version of software, but it will not install on the device. Every time I try to run the program I get the message that the UBS cable is not connected. Then the program dumps and I am back to square one. Round and round we go. All five lights are on and will not turn off for whatever that means.

So far this device has not lived up to the typical Hitec quality that I have been used to after using Hitec servos for years.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HPP-21 PLUS Will not Update

ORIGINAL: HoseA I can't seem to be able to get an answer from Hitec Customer Service so maybe someone on this forum can help me.
I have a Hitec HPP-21 PLUS that I am unable to get to work at all. I have tried to install the latest version of software, but it will not install on the device. Every time I try to run the program I get the message that the UBS cable is not connected. Then the program dumps and I am back to square one. Round and round we go. All five lights are on and will not turn off for whatever that means. So far this device has just been a piece of junk. Not typical for Hitec quality as I have been using Hitec servos for years.
There are many different PC and operating systems, perhaps a conflict with an existing program.
What model PC and operating system are you using?
(Spent several hours last week trying to get a brand name USB 2.0 multi card reader to operate on a high performance P4 with WinXP Pro
"message new hardware found, then the program dumps".
Same unit operates immediately plugged into a P3 and Laptop with XP Home.)

regards
Alan T.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Mustang314
My Feedback: (1)

Have you installed the correct drivers for the USB?
Fred
Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
HoseA
My Feedback: (33)

I am using a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop, Windows XP. Strange thing is that the divice worked until I tried to program my new 7955 servos. Wouldn't work at all. So I installed the latest software from Hitec and everything seemed fine. However, once I turned everything off and then tried again later it would not work. It had lost it's programming. Re-installed the software and all is fine again. Turned off, then tried again and the software update is gone again. Now it will not update at all and all five lights remain lit.

I keep getting the message that my USB cable is not connected. Of course it is! [sm=disappointed.gif]