Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

How do you get RCV 90 Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How do you get RCV 90 Parts

I have an RCV 90 on my TF Corsair that got damaged in a crash. I need a new carburetor and the intake header that connects the carb to the engine housing. I didn't see anywhere to order parts on the RCV website.

Pete
Old 03-03-2010, 04:03 PM
chepenik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you get RCV 90 Parts

Hello Pete,

B.J. models is USA authorized repair. Information may be found at: http://www.bj-model-engines.com/RCV.html

Hope this is helpful.

Ken
Old 03-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

I had e-mailed RCV support last month on some parts for a 90SP engine, and the response I got was that I should simply enter the part numbers I needed into the search bar on the RCVEngines.com website and it would pull them up and let me add them to a cart... however, I see no such search bar when I go to their website. The estate I'd bought this 90SP engine from found the missing parts in another box a few days later and sent them to me, so I didn't pursue the online ordering issue with RCV any further... but since it's not just me that's not seeing this feature of their website, I went ahead and replied back to Alan at RCV telling him that I see no such feature on their website and suggest that somebody there might aught to look in to it.

Alan did say that I (or you) can just e-mail RCV the parts list you need and they can put together an order for you with prices in a reply back, or you can call them (contact e-mail and numbers on their website).

I'm in the process of breaking in my 2nd 90SP engine now. It's just starting to smooth out at this point.

- Michael
Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ken and Michael,

thanks for the info. I love my 90 but it took a good while to properly break in. If you do it right you will be rewarded with a great engine. Mine hand starts after priming and ran like a sewing machine.

Pete
Old 03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Michael211
My Feedback: (1)

My 1st 90SP (for a H9 Mustang) took almost 2 full gallons of Coolpower 10% full synthetic fuel on a test stand before I felt it was properly broken in. I'm amazed at how smooth it runs compared to this new one I bought from an estate sale (the deceased gentleman had never mounted it in anything and it had clearly never seen fuel before). I've run 20 ounces of fuel thru the new one so far and it's beginning to improve a little, but that 1st 15 ounces or so was very VERY rough. This one will go in a H9 Corsair. [>:]

These are really cool engines once broken in and as long as they get proper airflow and fuel. Improper airflow (cooling) or improper fuel will destroy them though I've read repeatedly.

- Michael