Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Phoenix ????

Old 01-19-2010, 05:20 PM
towl35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix ????

Iwas having the same problem with the usb adapter that came with phoenix while using the DX5e transmitter. I have since upgraded to the DX7 transmitter from spektrum and have been using it with the simulator with no problems.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:24 PM
wpotter6

I have a newer HP laptop that I connect to a Panasonic plasma TV using an HDMI cable. This provides really nice video with the Phoenix Sim. This requires that your laptop has an HDMI output, rather than the old VGA interface. The laptop is dual core and has 4GB Ram and running 64 bit OS, so it is a very good machine for a simulator.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

Yeah, I also got a response from them yesterday. I am glad they are addressing this issue.
Got my replacement adapter last week and all is good. They also sent an email on how to fix the shielding issue prior to getting the replacements in stock.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:42 PM
smorlock

My DX5 was broken when I took it out of the box. Hooked up the DX7 and everthing is great, my son dropped the DX7 and broke the ant. I sent them both back to Horizon and they said " In the interest of good customer service we have fixed both of them for FREE". They have a lifelong customer in me. The question about using your flat screen tv to fly is easy I do it everyday. They sell RGB adapt cords at Wal Mart for about $30.00 plug it into the laptop port and the back of your tv. I leave mine hooked up to the tv so I can just hook up the laptop and go.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out the on line feature- multi-player. See you at the (virtual) field!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 PM
design2fly
My Feedback: (3)

It seems there have been a lot of discussions about the hardware (and its problems) but how are the graphics?  How is the physics?  As good as G4/4.5/5?
Old 02-05-2010, 04:28 PM
quaddity

ORIGINAL: loserr

Got one for Christmas and it is working great. The side plug does get in the way of holding. Has anyone tried to hook up a laptop to a plazma tv and fly the sim on TV? I hooked up the laptop with a vga to vga connection but I can't get it to display on the TV. Any ideas?
I don't have Phoenix but I have Aerofly Pro Deluxe running on my 50" TV in 1080 HD resolution. It looks awesome! I couldn't bring myself to fly on a small monitor again. The video out is provided by a Nvidia 9400GT card via component cables.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
ec121k

I received the Phoenix with transmitter as a "Thank You" gift from a friend just getting into the hobby. I've used the Real Flight at the LHS several times and the physics and display is, as best I can remember, nearly identical. My crashes seem to end up in about the same number of pieces LOL. I strained the B-17 through a tree and the fuselage came through without the wings. Water flying isn't great but OK. I'm very thankful for such a gift, especially when I'm between jobs. Overall, I find the in-flight performance realistic.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 PM
1dollardean

I got the Phoenix sim with the DX5e radio about 7 days ago. Bought it from a supplier on eBay because Horizon Hobby was out of stock. It came with the new right-angle adapter for the DX5e and everything worked perfectly right out of the box. This is my first R/C simulator but I think I made the right choice. The airplanes fly exactly as I would expect them too. The helicopters crash just as I expected they would. I will need a lot more practice to fly those choppers. Anyway, I'm very happy with this simulator. It runs on an older 2.2ghz dual core Intel system with an ATI Radeon 4650 video card with maxed out graphics at 1440x900 and those graphics are great! I don't think you can go wrong with this sim and the training videos and training aids are a big help to a newbie like me.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:09 PM
wpotter6

I have the Parkzone Corsair and T-28. I have flown the Corsair on the Phoenix and it matches pretty well with the real plane. However, I just downloaded the T-28 and it does not behave like the real plane. It is terribly out of trim in elevator, even with full nose up trim on the controller I have to hold some up stick to keep it from nosing down. Anyone else seen this issue? It also seems very sluggish in roll, even with high rates.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:41 PM
1dollardean

I've been flying the T28 on the Phoenix sim for 30 minutes or so every day for the last 5 days and I've had no problem with the trim. I can trim it for level flight at about 70% throttle with 3 or 4 clicks of up elevator trim. I think the roll rate is a little slow too but I've never flown the real T28. I have seen the real one fly on video and it does seems to have a faster roll rate than the sim version. I think the sim version may be a little easier to fly than the real one but I won't know for sure until I fly the real one. At this stage in my learning process it really doesn't matter because I'm learning which way to move the sticks and how much to move them to get the plane to do what I want it to do.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:39 AM

this recommandation comes from a new guy into the hobby.

I bought the pheonix sim with 0 knowledge in rc airplanes. I went through the trainning models for about a week, after that i decided that am ready to fly the reall thing. i went own and bought my first plane which is hangar-9 alpha 40 dsm2 rtf. Took it to the field as soon as i finishin building it. gassed it up and boom on the skiies. To tell you how much i learned from that simulator, the guys on te field cant believe that this is my frist time ever to fly an rc airplane.

i have not tried other simulators softwares, but for this one i give it 5/5. graphic wise it shocking but i dont know how would it run on an ordinally pc since mine is a quad core with 1 gb video card. reiallity i give it a 95% simillarity ( 5% goes to the factor that its not ur own plane where i won't risk it and drive it to the edge in reiallity)

after being in the hobby for less than a month i moved from using the sim to originally learn how to fly to flying futnana 90

good job developers and keep it up

P.S: sorry for the spelling and the writing if its bad
Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
iloveheli

I have a Phoenix Sim and I really love it. I am a beginner on this RC, will someone tell me how to get rid of those shadows around the heli or plane it just making me confused everytime I play with this sim....I try to attach the picture how it look like but I'm having a hard time to attach it. But I think I can send it to regular e-mail.......Thanks.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

ray , if you ever want to sel it, i live in boonville. pm me.