Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Hobbywing ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:03 PM
shotgun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbywing ESC

hello all I'm in need of help. I have a buggy with a Hobbywing xerun 80A that died. I found channel 2 (throttle) wire was pinched between the case and the vibration took its toll, which really sucks because the car is 3 days old I opened it and found the wire solder points are hidden under white silicone blobsabout 1/2" or 1 cm in diameter. I tried to remove the silcone to see the solder point on the single white sensor wire and of course the wire pulled away from the boeard before the silcone came free. I have contacted Hobbywing through email at 3 different address there and still no replies. I have contacted the distributor and am waiting a replythere also. Does anyone have a diagram, schematic or damb good guess. I have studied this under magnifying glass for hours now and search, please someone point me to an answer. here is a pic of the board with the glob still covering power and removed where white goes.

thanks in advance,

Dennis

Old 03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hobbywing ESC

why go through the hassle if there is some wire left just strip the wire at the break and solder em together and put some thin heatshrink tube on it, and call it a day.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
MTboy

Looks like the black wire got pinched aswell...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM
shotgun32

Yup that was the plan and I now plan to cut and shorten then solder with tube over for the power wires but I need to get the white (sensor) reattached for the throttle, its just floating in the pic and yes I am looking at the black, thats the power cables which still work because the esc powers up still but... yes the hole in the esc for the wires to come out will be a bit bigger.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:19 AM
mehrshad

Are you using sensored motor?
if your problem is sensor wire you can disconnect that and set the esc for sensorless.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 PM
bhcvc

The white epoxy is to help prevent issues like this due to shock. Bake the board (not the whole ESC as the plastic case may melt/deform) in an oven at about 75C for 30 minutes to soften the epoxy. Then you'll just have to keep picking at it to get it off. How much heat and how long depends on the epoxy. It doesn't look like you have enough white wire exposed to solder on the floating portion to, so you'll need to remove that epoxy to get to the solder pad.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:13 PM
shotgun32

Thanks for the suggestions but I must be explaining it wrong. There was 2 blobs of silicone when I opened it. One covers the power solder points with the black and red wires being soldered under it. The second blob of silicone covered the white wire and where it was soldered to. The white wire broke away and I have already removed the blob and I know the area within 1 cm or 1/2" but didn't want to sway someones suggestions by boxing it or anything.

I heard from Hobbywing last night and they said they would get back to me, still waiting, so I'll see, thanks again