Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Using buggy tires on Earthquake 8e

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Using buggy tires on Earthquake 8e

Old 03-12-2010, 04:20 AM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using buggy tires on Earthquake 8e

Wanted to know if it is o.k. to use the Backdraft tires on an Earthquake 8e? Will this cause the motor or esc to overheat? I know the Backdraft 8e and the Earthquake 8e have different spur and pinion counts. I know the hex sizes are different.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: Using buggy tires on Earthquake 8e

My guess would be that it'd run cooler with buggy wheel/tires, due to them being narrower? But Im not sure how they compare diameter wise? If there taller, it'd probably make up the difference? But that's just a guess, I've not got either truck.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 AM
jeztur2003

They are smaller in diameter and more narrow than the earthquake here is some pics I haven't run it yet because the weather is crap right now and I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nl30962.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	1396885   Click image for larger version

Name:	to45368.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	1396886   Click image for larger version

Name:	rw59339.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	1396887  
Old 03-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Mickstix

Should be fine.. Might want to go up a tooth on your pinion.. Let us know how she does!! I think it looks cool!!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 AM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

It will not hurt the motor if anything it will make the motor work easier due to the lower gearing. It will be very crazy low end but it will be slow top end with that gearing and tire. The stock 46 spur with the 15 tooth pinion in the backdraft & Aftershock already blows the tires apart, With the 49 tooth spur and the 12 tooth pinion that the earthquake uses with the backdraft tires its going to be nuts. What are you trying to pull a house off it's foundation
Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 PM
jeztur2003

ORIGINAL: UrcHobby

It will not hurt the motor if anything it will make the motor work easier due to the lower gearing. It will be very crazy low end but it will be slow top end with that gearing and tire. The stock 46 spur with the 15 tooth pinion in the backdraft & Aftershock already blows the tires apart, With the 49 tooth spur and the 12 tooth pinion that the earthquake uses with the backdraft tires its going to be nuts. What are you trying to pull a house off it's foundation
LOL I took it out today the nice thing is it will not pop a wheelie anymore the control is so much tighter. The low end is fricken crazy and the top end is still good I think this is great for track racing where top end is not to dependent. So I say go for it guys it looks fricken sweet and runs awesome no problems to report on my end yet after running a few packs through it.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: jeztur2003

ORIGINAL: UrcHobby

LOL I took it out today the nice thing is it will not pop a wheelie anymore the control is so much tighter. The low end is fricken crazy and the top end is still good I think this is great for track racing where top end is not to dependent. So I say go for it guys it looks fricken sweet and runs awesome no problems to report on my end yet after running a few packs through it.
What did you do to get the wheels to fit? I was going to change the gearing on my earthquake 8e to the backdraft gearing and install a lock center diff. didn't you post a youtube vid on your truck?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
fahaka

You can order the wheel adapters from redcat to go to 17mm or just buy the wheels for the aftershock.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 PM
98cruiser

Hey guys, I have an earthquake 8E and what to stop it form wheeling, I was going to put a smaller wheel an tire form a revo or rustler on it, before I order it will they fit on out cars, or what kind of modifications do I have to do... Idont like the look of the other redcat back draft wheels, and who has the wheely bars in stock, seems like they are all out of stock