Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Backdraft/earthquake/aftershock

Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
iluvny081

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backdraft/earthquake/aftershock

If anyone has mounted truggy wheels on on either a backdraft, earthquake, or aftershock I would love to see some pictures of it. I wanna get a backdraft and make it a truggy. so any pics would be great to see. thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Mickstix

Default RE: Backdraft/earthquake/aftershock

I've seen 17mm buggy wheels on an Aftershock, but not truggy wheels ona Backdraft.. Im sure someone has done it, but with the problems they've had with the front hubs on the Backdraft, I'd be affraid to put the wider-heavier truggy wheels/tires onone.. At least until it's confirmed that they've fixed the problems.. (Although there are at least 2 mods I've seen done to make the front hubs on those practically bulletproof.. One is by reinforcing the "pin" area with tape and tiewrap, and the other is removing the pin and retainers and replace with a threaded pin made for a traxxas) You can find both mods by searching this forum.. On another note, why not just go with a Truggy from the get go? The Monsoon is a beast!! Read up on the Monsoon Support Thread for some great info from guys whorace them!!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

Yea i made the one with tape and zip tie, i would combo the tape & zip tie with the traxxas bolts, or long screws.
check out my videos on youtube
Devils-Reject78
look it up
i have revo wheels i want to put on my backdraft 3.5 but i need to extent the axels first since the revo wheels are so wide.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIlqqLJAmNE[/youtube]

Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 AM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: iluvny081

If anyone has mounted truggy wheels on on either a backdraft, earthquake, or aftershock I would love to see some pictures of it. I wanna get a backdraft and make it a truggy. so any pics would be great to see. thanks in advance.
This is an Earthquake 8e with tires hubs wing mount and wing from a Backdraft 3.5 all the parts are direct bolt on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nl30641.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1396412   Click image for larger version

Name:	cx74966.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	1396413   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg92515.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	1396414  
Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Mickstix

That thing looks pretty tough! I wonder what my Monsoon Truggy would look like with buggy rims/tires? As it is I think the Monsoon tires are quite a bit wider than most "truggies"..If ya want to compare, my Monsoon tires are 120mm tall and 82mm wide.. What are the demisions of those?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Devils-Reject

looks ok, kinda weird.
i think my buggy looks sweet while screaming down the road...
watch your clutch on the backdraft 3.5 nitro.

mine is locking up with a 1/2 gallon run though it.
i files it down because it was squashing  and it is still locking up so its time to get new shoes.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Mickstix

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

mine is locking up with a 1/2 gallon run though it.
i files it down because it was squashing and it is still locking up so its time to get new shoes.
Isnt locking up usually a sign that the spings are shot?I've heard of filing on the shoes to delay the clutch a "littlebit", but if it's locking up THAT soon, I'd suspect the spings first?Just a thought..
Old 03-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Devils-Reject

yup, it is, its twisted and crap. i dont have an extra though
i had to file the top sides of the shoes because they squashed and the sides grew from being squished