Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Question about the Earthquake 8E

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:51 PM
dialtone74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the Earthquake 8E

Just got a brand new earthquake 8E for URCHobby. Love it!! I am going to ask a stupid question. I am new to this rc stuff. Is the 2 front tires supposed to be toed out? If I line up the front right with the read right then the left front is pointed out. Is this correct or do I need to adjust the toe? Please help. Remember I am a newbie!! Be kind! Mark
Old 03-12-2010, 06:10 PM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Question about the Earthquake 8E

ORIGINAL: dialtone74

Just got a brand new earthquake 8E for URCHobby. Love it!! I am going to ask a stupid question. I am new to this rc stuff. Is the 2 front tires supposed to be toed out? If I line up the front right with the read right then the left front is pointed out. Is this correct or do I need to adjust the toe? Please help. Remember I am a newbie!! Be kind! Mark
Both should be toed out technically speaking this really only matters in my opinion if you are racing say like a buggy or truggy. The monster trucks bounce around so much it doesn't really matter much but I would make them both even anyways just so one doesn't wear differently than the other over time.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Mickstix

In theory, if ya toe the front wheels"OUT" it'll turn better but may wander a little in a straight line. If ya toe the fronts "IN" it'll be more stable at high speed, but not turn as well.. As said above, most run some toe OUT in the fronts.. If it's already toed out a little, just use the trim until it drives straight, that should put equal amounts of toe on each wheel.. Most also run a little toe "IN" on the rears..
Old 03-12-2010, 08:18 PM
dialtone74

Gottcha!!   Thanks for the info!   I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.  Cool
Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 AM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Yup Mickstix is right. Me I like them toe in. I have an issue with SPEED, I LOVE IT!! So Mark how do you like it so far?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:33 PM
dialtone74

I love this thing! I went thru both sets of Batteries today. I will be needing a new body soon!!! It is fast and fun. I really really really need to find a charger that will charge two 2S lipos at once! Anyone suggest a good fast charger that will do 2 at once?? Mark
Old 03-13-2010, 11:10 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Mark give me a buzz and I will go over the charger with you.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:30 AM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

I have more fun with the buggy tires on mine. I finally found a good stretch I could run the earthquake wide open with the monster truck tires still on and the tires were still balooned out so bad at full speed you better not even think of turning it. To me that is not fun. With the buggy tires on the control is precise and quick just a personal preferrence though.