Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Aerofly 5 preview!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerofly 5 preview!

I would recommend the USB version and stay completely away from the "Game Commander". I made the mistake of purchasing AeroFly Pro with the "Game Commander" with the impression that I could purchase an adaptor to plug into the interface for my own supported JR9303. Guess what? After an email to customer support-I find out that they do not sell adaptors to interface your personal radio to the Game Commander because they are afraid of "Pirated" copies being used. That may have something to do with the software "calibrating" when you use a third party interface. I am going to return my copy with the "low quality" Game Commander interface for the USB interfacethat should solve my issues. As far as the actual simulator goes...the scenery settings are excellent, the model library is Fair, and the flying is almost as good as RealFlight (with some notable exceptions). I have used RealFlight and feel it is a superior product at this time...but they don't support Mac platforms.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:21 AM
A Monell

Discus54 It was my impression that the game commander had the software dongle just as the USB plug does, and one can still use their own TX or sim box with the appropriate cable to the PC. It just doesn't go "thru" the game commander like the Real Flight interlinks.
Icarus won't sell their cable separately as it would mean you have 2 "licenses".
None of this should affect calibration however as there is a 2 player mode that would need a 3rd party controller regardless of your AF5 version.
On another note I wish you better luck than I had with customs[:@]
Old 03-17-2010, 05:38 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the Gamecommander version, you can use your own transmitter. You will need to get the Ikarus slave usb cable and an adapter cable for your radio. Both the slave usb cable and the gamecommander need to be plugged into separate usb ports.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM
DISCUS54

Hey Mike,
I bought mine from Tower....Are you suggesting the USB doggle that they sell as a seperate item is the item needed to use my transmitter(with a buddy cord[X(])? The splitter adaptor that they sell looks pretty useless for my application. I would rather not send the whole package back...it's a little irritating to go through this after AeroFly's Marketing implies otherwise.[:-]
Old 03-17-2010, 06:16 PM
rajul

Discus, if you have any questions on AFPD, please start a new thread on your question. This thread is dedicated for questions on Aerofly 5. Thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
A Monell

I just realized Discus was talking about AFPD, the controller issues should be the same but no guarantees. I'm still stuck re-calibrating and redoing switch setups every time I run AF5. I went into the advanced setup and tried to save a profile for my controller to no avail, the latest version of the PDF manual I have(1.3) shows saving memory #s but my software has a,b,c,d configurations so one or the other is not up to date. Could this be a pointer to something wrong with my install. I went from the original disk to 5.0.3.5 (i think)
Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 PM
DISCUS54

Really Mike, long night? My question relates to AeroFly "5" as well as Pro and all other Aerofly simulators....the INTERFACE and LICENSING AGREEMENT are the same..... hence the question HERE where numerous respondants are interacting about the AeroFly product albeit "5". Even though customer support was less than helpful (among others), technical support suggested that if you purchase the "Game Commander" with your simulator that you can still use your own Radio with the purchase of the USB Multiplayer Dooglewhich can be done seperately and/or at a later date. That works with AeroFly 5 or any other Ikarus product. All I can say is maybe customer support doesn't have good information...certainly they were not passing that on to me. I hope this helps those out there that have run into this issue with there AeroFly 5 or other AeroFly simulator.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM
rajul

ORIGINAL: A Monell

I'm still stuck re-calibrating and redoing switch setups every time I run AF5. I went into the advanced setup and tried to save a profile for my controller to no avail, the latest version of the PDF manual I have(1.3) shows saving memory #s but my software has a,b,c,d configurations so one or the other is not up to date. Could this be a pointer to something wrong with my install. I went from the original disk to 5.0.3.5 (i think)
Monell, please PM me your tm.log file. Send me the tm.log file which you can find in the main directory of AF5. You may open the file with a text editor like word or notepad. Just copy and paste the entire content into your PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:05 AM
A Monell

Thanks Mike I am at work but will PM later. Alex
Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
bart4u

Mike,

Just checking according to the Ikarus website the Areofly5 Mac software should be ready for purchase around April 10. I already have the AFPD Mac so besides me up grading my computer video card do I just need to purchase the Aerofly5 Upgrade Disks from Ikarus Germany. I think the box has two disks and the cost was 119 German. I already have all the correct cords for my DX7 and the AFPD runs fine. Please let me know. Thanks.

Bart4u
Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 AM
GWC

I have a 60" HD Plasma and was wondering, with the right PC set up, will AF5 display correctly on that or are there any display size limitations?

George
Old 03-31-2010, 06:14 AM
rajul

GWC, you would need a HDMI or DVI output port on your video card. HDMI would carry both HD video and audio signals (if you have built-in speakers in your display) while DVI will only carry HD video.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
A Monell

GWC:
I run AFPD and now Aerofly 5 occasionally on my 47" HD TV screen and both run great! my tv is far away from my normal PC nitch, but a 25' HDMI cable and a long USB cable to a hub for the controller,mouse and keyboard work well. (Nvidia GTX 260 850 MB Video) I tried to go wireless with the hub but after 2 brands didn't work I got a cable.

Mike
I got in touch with Hans in Germany an he had more things to try for getting my Real Flight Intelirlink to work. After exhausting all his suggestions, and after the problem being recognized /blamed on windows 7. I went in and deleted/rebooted/unplugged/ rebooted/ disabled
HID interface controllers in device manager. And finally got it working ( windows 7 was reporting 3- USB devices and one USB Game Controller for my one box.) It's working now but reporting Problems in the new Win 7 devices and printers page. Its working so I'm not going to mess it up!
My Motherboard has USB-v3 and Gigabyte has new drivers out almost weekly!
On another note do you have any idea why Icarus is not selling this in the US? From the selection of sceneries one would think the whole program was written for the US Market! And rcsim.de has nothing to offer even on there side of the pond!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Joe Dirr
My Feedback: (8)

On another note do you have any idea why Icarus is not selling this in the US? From the selection of sceneries one would think the whole program was written for the US Market! And rcsim.de has nothing to offer even on there side of the pond!
[/quote]

I'm loosing interest 'rapidly' in Aerofly5; Ikarus seems to be very tight-lipped about news of its release to the US and I'm not interested in paying in Euros.

Seems like an awesome flight sim program, but not worth $400.00+ US dollars to obtain a copy; the exchange rate stinks![>:]

Besides, the warm weather is here, so I'm going flying for realzeees!

Makes me wonder about Ikarus' marketing plan for the US; do they have one?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM
bart4u

I really don't think Ikarus has any marketing plans for their products in the United States. This is just my opinion. I had to go through a long process to buy the AFPD for the Mac and I was able to find it in England. I had the hardest time trying to get the correct cable to work for my DX7. The cables that Ikarus provided keep on blowing the fuses in my DX7. It took about four months to get the correct cable and that was because Rajul (Mike) was able to talk to them in Germany to send me one. I always have said on these group pages the Aerofly simulator is a great program and I was glad someone made software for the Mac. I just don't understand why they don't want to be in the US market. I mentioned before I called Tower Hobby and they told me that they have a hard time talking to Ikarus in Germany. The hobby shop in England where I got my Aerofly also said it was very hard to deal with Ikarus. I have sent them E-mail's a number of times with no responses and I called them too with no return phone calls. I guess Mike has a good connection with them. I don't think my program would have worked with out Mike's help so for that I appreciate his time and effort.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Movie Guy

I've just ordered AFPD for the Mac from Tower.  My Mac Mini does not have the graphics card to do Aerofly 5 without shutting down some of the graphics.  Better to have a program that should run easily than one struggling and stuttering.  The 1-5 add ons sweeten it up as well.  Later if I upgrade my computer to a more powerful one I will consider the upgrade to AF5.  I do however, tend to keep my computers a long time.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just tried Aerofly 5 which I ordered and received the upgrade from Germany, I was almost the same as ordering from the US, it really impressed me as I expected, I also have Realflight 5, and it's superior in my opinion, the graphics are pretty matched, but the way the aircrafts fly os better, being the most important factor the way the aircraft looks in the airspace and the way the program handles the vision angles, it's really ike been on the field. Highly recommended, if I have to rate it I will say 1 Aerofly 5, 2 Realflight 5, 3 Phoenix(wich I also have). It's difficult to find a sim that's very good for pattern, that's why I ended up with all those.

Just my opinion of course.

Regards
Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 AM
rajul

Ikarus Germany managed to set up a small booth at Toledo. Hope that some of you were able to visit the booth and talk to Mr Norbert himself.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91017.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1425531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34794.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1425532  
Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

I was only there all day Friday and till noon on Sat. I don't remember seeing it.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Joe Dirr

Mike,

What's the latest on the release of Aerofly 5 for the US?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Joe Dirr

I see the 'Coming Soon' on the literature.

Joe
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
rajul

Joe, I will provide an update on the US distributorship for AF5 as soon it is available. You could order AF5 from Ikarus Germany at the moment.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 AM
happyfly2006

Any schedule of new planes update ?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
[email protected]

Received notice from Alex S., Realflight tech support, that Great Planes/Tower Hobbies do not plan to carry Aerofly 5. Alex also added that he did not have any information about other possible vendors in the US who may distribute Aerofly 5 in the future.

This is not good news, because right now one must buy Aerofly 5 from Germany, and that means tax/shipping/customs hassles plus a high price (around $400 USD).

Other posters have noted "difficulties" both individuals and distributors have in communicating/dealing with Ikarus. Until these problems are resolved, it makes better sense to put plans for Aerofly 5 on hold.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:41 PM
RoysterDW

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah any new planes coming out?

For IMAC i've gone back to AFPD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.