Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Hi

This is about the Boda , protection .

This was a comment made by MIke , I believe in this thread and another : A dab of "Shoe Goo" or similar should take care of this issue.

Is the an alternative , as opposed to " Shoe Goo "

Michel

Old 03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming that you're speaking about fraility of the antenna wire where it leaves the rx and where it leaves "load" near the end of the antenna?? Has there been breakage reported?? When I had the JR/Spektrum, the satellite antennas needed this extra flex....also..
Old 03-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

There was something , but I don,t remember what it was . So mike put this up on the thread , for FAQ , and this was the solution that was recommended : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2363

Michel
Old 03-21-2010, 02:39 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

It was GE silacone, I think.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
grønnskolling

I just got my A9 yesterday and was verry keen to try it out today...... but my servos moves like they are glued. Verry slow and choppy. They start to move 1-2 sek after I have moved the stik. The same with the motor, but the power is ok. I use the ESC as the battery. With my old 35 mhz recivers I had no problems like this at all.

Any ideas what I might do wrong?
Old 03-21-2010, 05:47 PM
bgw45

If you have a nicad or nimh laying around, charge it and try it without the power from the esc. Tell us what happens..
Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 PM
JIMF14D

I run my Rx and Servos from ESC built in BEC with no problems. The Aurora 9 has servo speed adjustments. Check those and see that they normal.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
boex

I am looking for a new radio. I am considering the Futaba 8FG and the A9. The Futaba, as I understand it, comes with 8 proportional channels plus 2 switch channels, 10 channels in total. How many channels are proportional and how many are switch on the A9?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

I ordered my extra receivers about three weeks ago. I was wondering how long some of you have waited on your rx promotions and how was it shipped, UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 PM
bgw45

All 9 are proportional and can be assigned to any function. Could be 4 aileron, 2 elevator, rudder, smoke and kill switch ( or bomb doors/retracts ). Any mix of the use of the channels is possible.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: gr�nnskolling

I just got my A9 yesterday and was verry keen to try it out today...... but my servos moves like they are glued. Verry slow and choppy. They start to move 1-2 sek after I have moved the stik. The same with the motor, but the power is ok. I use the ESC as the battery. With my old 35 mhz recivers I had no problems like this at all.

Any ideas what I might do wrong?
I've seen this a couple of times... Try rebinding, that should take care of it. Sometimes this can happen is you switch between Normal and Scan mode and turn off the power before it finishes the process. If this is the case it could take two or three times to try to rebind it if it doesn't take the first time.

ORIGINAL: boex

I am looking for a new radio. I am considering the Futaba 8FG and the A9. The Futaba, as I understand it, comes with 8 proportional channels plus 2 switch channels, 10 channels in total. How many channels are proportional and how many are switch on the A9?
9 fully assignable proportional channels.

Optima 9 RX: $99.99
Futaba 6008HS: $139.99
If you want to use either of the 2 switchable channels on the 8FG, I believe you will need the 6014HS @ $199.99.

ORIGINAL: WILDCRASHWILLY

Guys,

I ordered my extra receivers about three weeks ago. I was wondering how long some of you have waited on your rx promotions and how was it shipped, UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex?

Thanks
Coupons received prior to Feb 11th have been filled... any received after that are waiting on stock which is due later this week.

Mike.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Thanks Mike,

Mine was sent in after Feb 11. Love the radio and looking forward to additional rx's to put in more planes.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 PM
boothg-3

about using silicone on the antenna , be aware that many silicones are corrosive
you must check the label and use only non corrosive silicone
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 PM
boothg-3

boex , i would do more investigating before buying , i,m a 30 year futaba flier and i bought the A9 to replace my futaba
there are several negatives with the futaba that caused me to switch
first issue was when using either the 9c or 10c on 2.4 ghz you have to change the transmission method on the transmitter
if you change from either the 6 or 7 channel receiver to the 8 or 14 channel receiver there is some sort of protocol in the electronics
a real pain to me when attending a flyin when transmitter impound is in use and you have to change this on the flightline
i have no experience with the new 8 channel but both the 9c and 10c do not have all proportional channels like the A9 does
and as mike stated the cost of receivers is also a major factor
as for myself i did the math and found i could buy the A9 and five additional recievers to change over 6 of my big birds to 2.4 for the cost of the 10c with its only one receiver
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 PM
boex

Thanks Mike and boothg-3 for your replies.

I am currently using a Spektrum DX-7, which does not have throttle curve when on airplane mode. I have to fly my planes on heli mode to be able to access that important feature and that leaves me only with one p-mix for use. Having said that, I am very happy with model match and more so with servo sync. I fly a 50cc extra and my 2 elevator halves move at the same speed, as if they were being actuated by a single servo. My question is, with the A9 having a latency of 52ms, if I am not mistaken, and no servo sync, would 2 elevator halves move together at the same time or one would move faster than the other?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:54 AM
MikeMayberry

They would move together as if they were one. Also note that there has not been one single complaint from Aurora owners about it being slow.

Model Match is a good feature but unlike other 2.4Ghz system that are active when you turn them on, you must confirm your model by saying "Yes to Transmit" with the model name staring you right in the face. I have yet to hear anyone that has started in the wrong model with the Aurora.

This video here is a good example of a dual elevator in a 42% plane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QFv...eature=related

See it in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDG1kgNtvO8

Mike.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:22 AM
JIMF14D

Where did this 52ms latency number come from?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Chancho

The 52 ms came up in a different thread. The threads themselves offer educational perspective on the whole topic.The bottom line is; if given the competitive brandradios in our hands, set up withyourdifferent birds, that~ %99 of uscould not the difference in latency from one radio to the next.Uli's helicopter videos in this threadare conclusive proof to me that latency for someone like myself is not an issue. If he can do that stuff he's already on a way different planet than Icome from. Myfingers can't tell 52ms apart from 27ms or 73ms response times. It could be arguable from a competitive RC pilot who can actually sense the connectivity to his bird in his maneuvers that hemay notice a difference. But the character whowas really bashing thelatency“said”his buddy was a competitiveRCpilot and could tell a difference, however he didn't want to go onrecordwith the name and in my book made that story and other tangents in his argument totalBS. Anyhow, if52ms or 1024 actually mean something to you then readyour heart out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1200380

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t172571p1/

Mike, thanks for the update on the receivers. Do you see all ofthe backlogged rebate offers getting filled with the next shipment?Do you see Tower getting stock on their 7 Channel modules, too?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 AM
bgw45

I just got back into the hobby in 2008 and own a 9c, 10c and A9. I have only flown 2.4, so I don't switch from 72 back and forth. The 9c had a TM-8 module that you have to flip a switch between 6/7 channel recievers and 8/14 channel recievers. The 10c is set-up by model in programming for each protocol by the user. You can't bind to a receiver in the wrong protocol. To me, it is just like model match being lacking on the futaba product, but it is easy.

However, the A9 doesn't have these "worries". I think both systems are huge benefit to the modeler. We will just have to use them correctly.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 AM
JIMF14D

I have flown for about 10 years using two Eclipse 7 transmitters as just an average sport flyer. Inever had any specific control problems with them on sport airplanes. Last summer a guy who was a real pain in the butt started flying on my channel. I gave up hope that Hitec was going 2.4Ghz anytime soon so Ibought a brand S DX6i. It did seem more responsive than the Eclipse but this is just a feeling, no real facts or test data. Ihad read some online test stuff recently and it seemed people were reffering to the 52ms number but from what Irememeber it applied to the Eclipse in QPCM mode.

Now with the A9 I cannot see any lags and it seems excellant in both range and response. I only have about 30 flights on it so far so we shall see. Ihave flown my Super Sportster out to what seemed like the safe limit of my eyeballs and see no problems.

Jim D
Old 03-22-2010, 12:17 PM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

I made the move to Aurora 9 so I don't have to deal latency in my old 8UAP and 9C. You want to see latency, try the 8UAP. Here is another problem to take note, both mine and my friend's brandnew 8UAPs had diffrence servo centering points when switching between rates (Futaba S9001). Radio South (Futaba's authorized) even confirmed the problem but didn't how to fix it. Radio South replaced all stick potentiometers and charged me $160 which didn't do squat to fix the servo centering problem when switching between rates. Latency seems to improve on my 9C, but it's still noticeable. Futaba fixed the latency issue on the 10C. I waited and waited for Futaba to fix the low signal voltage and heat issue with the R6014FS. I finally bit the bullet and bought the 10C with two extra R6014FS. A month later Futaba fixed the low signal voltage and heat issue on the R6014HS. I was stucked with hugh investment on a 10C and two R6014FS receivers. I had the 10C briefly, sold it, and got the A9. I didn't know the 10C has only 8 proportional channels. I bougth the 10C mainly for the need of 10 proportional channels; I was a sucker for not doing my homework. The 10C case looks cheaper than the 9C. The programming is almost the same as the 9C. And they charged $180 more! What a disappointment.

I got 3 more Optima 9 receivers over the weekend. Set one up in my 33% Xtreme Composite Edge540 last night. I didn't see any latency on the elevators at all. I moved the elevator stick from extremely slow to extremely fast (HS-7955s), didn't see any latency. Heck, if ours eyes don't see the latency, do you think the wind can see it? What's 52ms? Even if you fly jets, it takes longer than that for the wind to go from the leading edge of the stabs to the trailing edge of the control surfaces. Moving to the A9 is an upgrade for me in all aspects.

Futhermore, even with the high latency on the 8UAP, you won't notice it in the air at all. Why? because the vibrations from your engine even it out; especially on gassers. Have you notice the vibrations on your elevators with the engine on at mid range lately?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

I got my A9 from Tower about a week ago...WOW! It is nice, and programming is so easy...the standard batteries stayed up what seems like forever in the transmit mode with the back light on all of the time, must have been over 4 hours and I shut it off at 35% remaining capacity, I had to go to bed, but the A9 was willing to probably stay up all night. A very, very nice radio.

If you are back oredered on one, HANG IN THERE...!!! You'll be glad you did! I am waiting on my 2 extra receivers to come in now.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
dkennedy35

So when did you order yours from Tower?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM
JIMF14D

Has anyone tried to access the Hitec web pages today?I am still getting the Google warning.
Jim D
Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Clear your cache?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.