Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Where is Channel Six???? Need Help Desperately!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Where is Channel Six???? Need Help Desperately!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Cookieworks
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is Channel Six???? Need Help Desperately!!!!

Hey, fellowhobbyists! I just got a new plane and it came with a6XAS pcm/ppm Super Radio System by Futaba. It is a 6 channel radio. I recently set this plane up for flapperons, butin orderfor them to work them, I need the channel 6 switch, which I cannot find out how to work! The channel 6 knob will not work, even though the manual mentions it several times for many functions. Just in case there is confusion, the radio i am using (since there are several versions of the 6x super) can be found HERE. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you fix it?

-Cookieworks
Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Where is Channel Six???? Need Help Desperately!!!!

If memory serves me, as I don't have my Tx in from of me the flap switch is
actually a rotory knob on the top right of the TX. I'll check when I get home
this evening. On the newer 6 EXP's it was changed back to a lever type switch.

Bill D.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Channel 5 is the switch for retracts and channel 6 is the knob for flaps..you may need 4 servos for flapperons and or a y harness..There can be any number of factors ...you just have to read about,, could be that flaps wont come on until throttle is down under %25...?.Rog
Old 03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you gone into the programing and activated the flaperons, as they
won't work until you do.

Bill D.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
carrellh

From page 30 of the manual:
Setting up the Flaperon function
1. Use the up or down arrow keys to select the FLPR window.
2. When first accessed, the flaperon function is inhibited (INH). Press the CURSOR key to get to the activation menu. The INH indicator will flash on and off.
3. Now press the (+) key to activate the flaperon function. At this time, the ON indicator will blink on and off.

Then from page 31:
FLTR — Flap Trim Function
The Flap Trim function is used to specify the amount of flap travel produced by moving the flap control (the CH6 knob). If flaperon (FLPR) function has been activated, FLTR is automatically turned on. Sailplane folks call this effect “camber,” because the model’s airfoil is changed across the span.
Setting Flap Trim function
1. Use the up or down arrow keys to select the FLTR window.
2. Press the CURSOR key to get to the activation setting. The INH indicator will flash on and off.
3. Now press the (+) key to activate the flap trim function. At this time, the ON indicator will blink on and off.
4. Now you’ll set the flap knob’s travel direction. This is similar to the reversing menu, but it reverses the response of both flaperons if flaperon mode is active.
Pressing the CURSOR key one time causes the large sign in front of the number to blink. You may reverse the travel direction by selecting the minus (–) sign.
5. Pressing the CURSOR key again moves to the flap travel setting number (the percent sign should now be flashing). The 30% default value produces “reasonable” travel for many models, but you must try it out on your own model to be sure. A 100% setting causes extreme travel and is not recommended. You may want to set it to a smaller number, say 10% for starters. If you wish to return to the default 50% setting, press both the (+) and (–) keys simultaneously.

*** edit ***
The copy/paste from the manual is for the transmitter in the picture below.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93526.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	1405407  
Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Wonder
My Feedback: (7)

Channel 6 is the knob on the top left side of the TX and yes it must be turned on in the programing to work.
The top right switch is the elev-flap mixing switch that will add flap to elevator. It has to be turned on in the programing to work also if you want it.

TW