Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: GizmoMadMax

hmmm, for the SPP install issues, it seems vendors(trading post members) have gotten it installed perfectly and so on, yet the "average joe" is having problems.... hmmm not to be skeptical, yet being skeptical, I have trouble with this.... hmmm, I hate to say it, but a vendor who sells it says it perfect, yet 95% so far have troubles with it installing... so I don't want to accuse anyone, but I want to see 90% of the average person have success installing it and NOT just vendors who sell the stuff, that way it would look suspecious... soory, just an honest observation the past 3 pages of this thread....

So, I hope Hitec can help us out here with support and hopefully nailing down this spp issue.
Yes, we the consumer want rock solid and consistent findings and fixes, especially with dumping so much money in the hobby, so we discuss in these forums, so please don't be upset that I/we phrase things in these different skeptical manners, thank you

Cheers
The Avg Joe looking for a great product at a great price

Gizmo - First, what is the "SPP" that you're talking about? Second, I think you're probably talking to me with your reference about (Trading Post Members), you need to know that YOU have the "Trading Post Member" icon in your signature, too. It's not related to being a vendor, it appears after persons use the For Sale/Trade section. Third, just curious if you OWN or are on a waiting list for the Aurora 9, or are you just stirring the pot without a "stick"?? Fourth, "dumping so much money in the hobby" - the Aurora system represents one of the "smallest" dumps you'll ever TAKEin this hobby considering the value of the design, features and accessories.

So, if you OWN one, you comment is credible. If you don't, well, maybe it's not so helpful..... would like to know what the SPP thing is, at least...
Old 03-28-2010, 10:38 AM
RR24

Mike,
have any of the coupon reciever's been shipped lately? (like this week)[sm=teeth_smile.gif]

Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 AM
F4FWildcat

Anyone not satisfied with the lack of throttle ratchet tension? I have the left screw tightened all the way and it's still fairly loose. I like to be able to feed rudder without affecting throttle position. The strange thing is that I just received my A9 a week ago and it has the philips head screws versus allen head; I thought all the current build A9's had the allen head screws.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:48 AM
318scott
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Guys,
I just bought a Aurora 9 last week and tried to change it to MODE 1 with out taking the back off but ended up removing the back to find the screw, any how I cant seem to change the program over to mode 1 any one out there that can help.
Thanks Scott
Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Chancho

Thanks Mike, AT and Everyone for the posts and follow up on the HPP-22,
The application is installed and waiting the Hitec website, that’s good enough for now…

Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 AM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: 318scott

Hi Guys,
I just bought a Aurora 9 last week and tried to change it to MODE 1 with out taking the back off but ended up removing the back to find the screw, any how I cant seem to change the program over to mode 1 any one out there that can help.
Thanks Scott

Page 63 in the manual

Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM
PlaneInsane
My Feedback: (5)

Hi Guys,
Thanks Scott
It would seem to me that all you have to do is go into the CHANNEL screen and assign channels and sticks to what you want. You already have the physical work done making the throttle stick on the right side.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:13 PM
JIMF14D

I tried your suggestion but it did not help. The program works with Windows XP but not with Win 7 Home 64 bit version. I went through the Windows 7 install troubleshooting process and eventually Windows web site reported back that program is not compatible with Windows 7, 64. bit.

Are we having fun yet...lol<o></o>

<o></o>

Old 03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

ORIGINAL: GizmoMadMax

hmmm, for the SPP install issues, it seems vendors(trading post members) have gotten it installed perfectly and so on, yet the ''average joe'' is having problems.... hmmm not to be skeptical, yet being skeptical, I have trouble with this.... hmmm, I hate to say it, but a vendor who sells it says it perfect, yet 95% so far have troubles with it installing... so I don't want to accuse anyone, but I want to see 90% of the average person have success installing it and NOT just vendors who sell the stuff, that way it would look suspecious... soory, just an honest observation the past 3 pages of this thread....

So, I hope Hitec can help us out here with support and hopefully nailing down this spp issue.
Yes, we the consumer want rock solid and consistent findings and fixes, especially with dumping so much money in the hobby, so we discuss in these forums, so please don't be upset that I/we phrase things in these different skeptical manners, thank you

Cheers
The Avg Joe looking for a great product at a great price

Gizmo - First, what is the ''SPP'' that you're talking about? Second, I think you're probably talking to me with your reference about (Trading Post Members), you need to know that YOU have the ''Trading Post Member'' icon in your signature, too. It's not related to being a vendor, it appears after persons use the For Sale/Trade section. Third, just curious if you OWN or are on a waiting list for the Aurora 9, or are you just stirring the pot without a ''stick'' ?? Fourth, ''dumping so much money in the hobby'' - the Aurora system represents one of the ''smallest'' dumps you'll ever TAKE in this hobby considering the value of the design, features and accessories.

So, if you OWN one, you comment is credible. If you don't, well, maybe it's not so helpful..... would like to know what the SPP thing is, at least...
Hi
HERE .... HERE ........................... WELL SAID [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Michel
Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM
wpmcnamara
My Feedback: (9)

Hi Guys,
Thanks Scott
As someone pointed out, it's in the manual, but here is the quick walk through. From the main screen select the "wrench" (spanner for those across the pond). Lower left is the "MODE" button. Select the mode you want, the hit the "exit" icon in the upper right.

I picked mine up from Tom at Wild Hare on Friday, along with a second 7 channel receiver. My coupon will go in the mail on Monday. My one comment so far is I can't wait for the V1.07 firmware. The sound mute will go a long way towards maintaining marital bliss in the house.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I have to agree about muting the beep.... the dogs will love the silence (because the beep sounds like the keypad to our alarm system - they HATE that)....mine has sounded like a semi-squashed cricket since new....instead of a "chirp", it's more of a "chee - erp", and it is ANNOYING!!!!!!

But since that is my ONLYbeef, of any kind, (except for needing three hands to bind some RXconfigurations - that's a little awkward) I'm good to go....and will download 1.07 as soon as I hear it's out there for the doing.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:32 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

ORIGINAL: bgw45

So far, the only concern I have with the system is the battery compartment door. Somehow I have ham handedly pulled the cover off when flying ( twice ). Wouldn't be too cool if my Lipo dropped to the ground. It must be the way I'm gripping/holding the transmitter. It feels great in my hands. I can find the switches/trims without taking my eyes off my airplane. I'll have to find a way to keep the door in place without the cure ''looking'' too clumsy.

Any suggestions?
Hi bgw45

I totally agree . I thought about this , but didn,t put much thought to it . I,ve seen it happen twice to fellow modelers . NOT FUN AT ALL . The rear battery cover is very easy to remove , ................................ something that could go on the WISH list ( that means retooling )

Even if I put a piece of tape , I know it won,t come appart ( better safe than sorry )

Not a complait , just an obsurvasion .

Michel
There is a foam pad on the door that applies presure to keep the door from easily moving... if you have a different battery perhaps this needs to be modified. You should have to push on the door to get it to close.

ORIGINAL: F4FWildcat

Anyone not satisfied with the lack of throttle ratchet tension? I have the left screw tightened all the way and it's still fairly loose. I like to be able to feed rudder without affecting throttle position. The strange thing is that I just received my A9 a week ago and it has the philips head screws versus allen head; I thought all the current build A9's had the allen head screws.
There is a ratchet and smooth tention adustment... I use a combination of both to get the proper feel.

Hi Guys,
Thanks Scott
I fly Mode 1 as well... what you need to do is reset the model once you make the change for everything to be reassigned properly. That's it.

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

I tried your suggestion but it did not help. The program works with Windows XP but not with Win 7 Home 64 bit version. I went through the Windows 7 install troubleshooting process and eventually Windows web site reported back that program is not compatible with Windows 7, 64. bit.

Are we having fun yet...lol<o></o>

<o> </o>

I just loaded it on my freash install of Windows 7 64bit (got tired of the beta shutting down every 2 hours) and it installed fine. I have my user account control set on the second setting from the bottom. Remember as I have stated, the program is not working at this time due to the server change, but it should still install on your machine.

Mike.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: wpmcnamara

Hi Guys,
Thanks Scott
As someone pointed out, it's in the manual, but here is the quick walk through. From the main screen select the ''wrench'' (spanner for those across the pond). Lower left is the ''MODE'' button. Select the mode you want, the hit the ''exit'' icon in the upper right.

I picked mine up from Tom at Wild Hare on Friday, along with a second 7 channel receiver. My coupon will go in the mail on Monday. My one comment so far is I can't wait for the V1.07 firmware. The sound mute will go a long way towards maintaining marital bliss in the house.

Hi

The sound mute will go a long way towards maintaining marital bliss in the house.

You,ve been bring youre A9 to bed ..................... Haven,t you.....[sm=wink_smile.gif]

[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Michel
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 318scott Hi Guys, I just bought a Aurora 9 last week and tried to change it to MODE 1 with out taking the back off but ended up removing the back to find the screw, any how I cant seem to change the program over to mode 1 any one out there that can help. Thanks Scott
As someone pointed out, it's in the manual, but here is the quick walk through. From the main screen select the "wrench" (spanner for those across the pond). Lower left is the "MODE" button. Select the mode you want, the hit the "exit" icon in the upper right.
- Manual relates to V1.03 - since changed - refer onlineFAQ page -

Procedure fully detailed with pictures
Aurora A9 - Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.
as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-28-2010, 06:47 PM
bgw45

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: bgw45

So far, the only concern I have with the system is the battery compartment door. Somehow I have ham handedly pulled the cover off when flying ( twice ). Wouldn't be too cool if my Lipo dropped to the ground. It must be the way I'm gripping/holding the transmitter. It feels great in my hands. I can find the switches/trims without taking my eyes off my airplane. I'll have to find a way to keep the door in place without the cure ''looking'' too clumsy.

Any suggestions?
Hi bgw45

I totally agree . I thought about this , but didn,t put much thought to it . I,ve seen it happen twice to fellow modelers . NOT FUN AT ALL . The rear battery cover is very easy to remove , ................................ something that could go on the WISH list ( that means retooling )

Even if I put a piece of tape , I know it won,t come appart ( better safe than sorry )

Not a complait , just an obsurvasion .

Michel
There is a foam pad on the door that applies presure to keep the door from easily moving... if you have a different battery perhaps this needs to be modified. You should have to push on the door to get it to close.

[/quote]

Thanks, got plenty of foam and am headed to the hanger now to see what I can accomplish. Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
jgg215

Trying to get my new Aurora 9 set up the way I like it and find the stick tension a bit on the soft side. I've always changed out the springs on my Futabas and was wondering if anyone has done this on the Aurora.
Very impressed with the radio overall, just need more spring tension

Thanks

John
Old 03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Gungadin

I'm with you. Tony Stillman is sending mine next week.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 PM
JIMF14D

If I set slow servo speed for flap extend and retract how do I get slow elevator mix added in to counteract flap induced trim change?

Has anyone ever tried mixing rudder into ESC motor speed (small) as a differential to get rudder yaw effects via twin engine speed changes on an EP model.

Jim D
Old 03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
bgw45

Thanks, Mike. Just needed a little foam. Now it is locked in solidly. I guess my Lipo is a little "slimmer" than the OEM battery. Put a piece on each side of the foam pad glued in the cover and it is good to go.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
jgg215

Does that mean that the Aurora springs are the same as the Futaba springs? Or has Tony expanded his spring inventory?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

The current spring tensions work out just fine for. My 8UA has very soft springs and I am used to them. When I got my 9C, I swapped for the 8UA springs. I noticed the 9C and 10C springs has 2 more loops comparing to the 8UA. I set my A9 to softest tensions possible without loosing centerings. The throttle rachetting is very light, that's how I like it. On my previous radios, I had to modified the rachetting spring leafs to make them smooth like Heli. The lack of rachetting give me faster respond when 3D airplanes.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Hey Bob and or Tom what mode do you use when transmitting scan or normal and have you floan with a lot of other 2.4 stuff already in the air?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Michel

Hi

I have a very simple question . Can I connect a 6 volt ( 5 cell ) battery to the Aurora receivers ?

Michel
Old 03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
LQUAN
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi

I have a very simple question . Can I connect a 6 volt ( 5 cell ) battery to the Aurora receivers ?

Michel
Absolutely recommended. This lessen the chance of brown out. You should spend more time reading the AMA magazines. See the latest issue.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle Hi I have a very simple question . Can I connect a 6 volt ( 5 cell ) battery to the Aurora receivers ?
Michel
Yes, refer
Optima RX - Multiple Batteries may be installed Dual batteries for redundancy or even one for each servo.
Optima RX - A123 2S Cell - Low Battery Warning Auto for 4-5 cell NiMH & 2S Lipol is not currently adjustable for A123 2S.
Optima RX - SPC Cable for Optima RX & Use Of SPC Detailed.
and more at

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.