Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Old 08-29-2009, 04:30 PM
naswifty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

great suggestion, Dad. will try it out tomorrow morning. . .
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

If anyone needs a spare wing or fuselage w/ tail feathers installed, Im selling one of each. I have the purple and yellow 40 size ARF. The plane has about 15 flights on it. Im selling them seperate or together. Just do a search in the marketplace and they should come up.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:40 PM
martin3737

ORIGINAL: naswifty

I've got the Siato .72 on one of my planes, and after extensive research found that the 13x4 APC is the way to go.
It's only problem is that the T___T won't sit still on an asphalt runway even at the slowest of idle speeds....but it just is a dream to fly and hover with that prop. and quiet too.

Well, I don't know...
I've got that set-up and mine will hold still.

I use 15% Powermaster. I tried the 20% synthetic and the idle was never "right". It did run faster, though. Back to the 15% and the idle is good and it sits still. If you don't believe me, I'll upload proof!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:48 PM
martin3737

ORIGINAL: martin3737

Prop Recommendation

Hey Guys,

What are you using to hover a Saito .72 (15% nitro) on your T-T? I've been running an APC 13X6 but that's fast and sport plane. Seems like ground clearance prevents me going longer that 13''. But also, the prices go up a lot at 14''. So, I was thinking about 13X4 and perhaps I may need to EPA down the throttle. I'm guessing that the RPM's will be real high. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. I tried 20% nitro (Powermaster) but the cost/benefit wasn't good.

Well, It's true; at full throttle the engine winds too fast, maybe 11500rpm. I don't EPA-down the throttle, just don't go full too much. I wonder how different the 13X4"W" (wide) is from the 13X4 I'm using...
Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I,m using a 14x4w APC or 13x6 APC I like the 14x4ws best , but it works like an airbrake and need to watch your throttle on landings. Saito .72.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 AM
plowboy1966

I broke my T___T. Got a new one and flew her into a pole. [:@] Got a third one and broke her in the usual place (right behind the canopy) while doing an inverted slip to rollover landing. It seems that maximum deflection creates a lot of drag. Oh well, a little glue and it's all good. BTW, it's a shame that the moderator DaRock, or as I like to call him, DaTool, killed off this once great thread. I hope you feel like a big man now. Thats okay, all of the important Twistaholics moved over to rcgroups where they don't mess with us. Good luck fellow T___Taholics. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment from these awesome little planes. I know I have!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

removed as unnecessary
Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
calachie

You are a Busy Man, A Busy Man & still at it.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
griesel

I don't know if anyone has posted this but there are two (or more) versions of the Twist 60. I bought one from the
Hobby Barn in late April and it was red-orange. I bought a used one off Ebay that was had been partially assembled
and it was red orange. Crashed the first one in August and bought another one from Hobby Barn after Horizon
un-discontinued them and just started assembling it. It is bright red. They also totally did a re-do on the landing gear
and lightened it about 3.5 ounces. It is now in two pieces and now used 4 mounting bolts and is difficult to change to
1/4-20 nylon bolts. They also redid the tail wheel. The engine mount is white instead of black. The manual is changed
slightly. The plane is now priced at 169.99 at Horizon and I assume plus shipping. There is also 13 being sold on Ebay
for 169.99 including free shipping. This is more reasonable price for such a great plane.
The fuel tank has been changed - 16.9 oz, 500cc for the orange older version to 14.2 oz, 420 cc for the red newer versions.
This changes the flite time for Imac from 30 minutes to 25 minutes. The weight of my two older ones was 6lb 7.5 oz and
6lb 11.5 oz. The newer one came in at 6lb 6.5 oz. So the newer red ones are lighter build and lighter flying weight due
to less fuel. This could actually be a good thing.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM
plowboy1966

Thats good info griesel. And good news! Lets hope the T___T 40 gets a redo as well. We've noticed that they are out of stock and are either being tweaked or discontinued. I wish someone would inform us.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
iliveonlytocrash
My Feedback: (1)

I need a plane that I can land on a very short runway (about 100 feet maxium - grass). I was considering a Twist 60. Does any know if its possible/practical to land this plane in this short of a distance by using flapperons or cutting the alierons in half and programing them for crow, or any other method of making this a short landing aircraft?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 PM
jdkxtreme

It will land in that area with no mods..Get a mojo 40 then you can hover land it..lol
Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 PM
calachie

This is one of the SSSLLLOOOWWWEEESSSTTT threads I have ever seen. It was at one time a really good one. What Happened ?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Dad_Roman

ORIGINAL: calachie

This is one of the SSSLLLOOOWWWEEESSSTTT threads I have ever seen. It was at one time a really good one. What Happened ?
The official version... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/post...asp?id=7669620
Old 11-15-2009, 03:02 PM
calachie

(twist40)-_-_-_-Why does this da Rock dude keep deleting everyones post.-_-_-_- (twist40)
Old 11-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Shubova
My Feedback: (9)

I've been reading some of your posts and I'm not sure what you are talking about. [sm=72_72.gif]I don't think anyone can delete a post. If it's a new question and you have put it in the wrong place they will move it in the appropriate area. That’s happened to me but they sent me an e-mail explaining the situation.
I suppose if you have made a dirty or inappropriate comment they might remove it if someone complains but just to change it I don’t think so.[sm=confused.gif]

I have a Twist 40 PNP that bought from a guy at very good price. It’s white with blue, green and purple graphics. I flew nice but I lost a servo and did a pancake landing. The fus broke in half. So I ordered another fus but that had a tear in the covering. They are sending me another one.

Let us know if you find out anything more about the deleted post.
Shubova
[8D]
Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Comments made against our rules or that are off topic may be removed with or without notice.  Members should try to stay on topic and should  also not post anything of  inflammatory nature.  If that happens then posts will be removed.  If everyone plays nice (which 99.9% of people do hence the reason why 99.9% of our 9 million plus posts sit perfectly fine here in the forums today) then the posts do not get removed.  A few people always insist on trying to see what they can get away with and the mods deal with it. The don't do it for kicks. They do it to make RCU a better place for you, the member.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 PM
calachie

In my opinion the TwisT is one of the best funfly planes around. It will land @ walking speed & is wild when you want it to be.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 AM
MLKISSEL

Hi guys, just got my T-T version 2 in the mail. It's my third twist (RIP the other two) Great plane; hooked up with a Saito 82 and APC 14x4. Anyway, has anyone figured out if their is any difference in the original version and version 2 (besides color)? Build seams the same. I was hoping they made the fuse behind the wings stronger but I see no difference their. Tail-wheel is different.....a bit weird IMO. Probably put the Sullivan from old twist on instead. Anyway, anyone find anything else??????

Mark
Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Spitfire222

ORIGINAL: MLKISSEL

Hi guys, just got my T-T version 2 in the mail. It's my third twist (RIP the other two) Great plane; hooked up with a Saito 82 and APC 14x4. Anyway, has anyone figured out if their is any difference in the original version and version 2 (besides color)? Build seams the same. I was hoping they made the fuse behind the wings stronger but I see no difference their. Tail-wheel is different.....a bit weird IMO. Probably put the Sullivan from old twist on instead. Anyway, anyone find anything else??????

Mark
It seems that it's so similar that they didn't even bother updating the manual except for the new covering colors. I haven't noticed any structural differences, just cosmetic. My rudder came with the tailwheel already attached, even though there's an entire page devoted to that step in the manual. Including a spinner was a nice touch. For the record, I wish they would pick better colors! At least give V2 a white base color, not that awful cream!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:33 PM
MLKISSEL

I agree, color would have not been my first choice. Liked the origional colors better. The price was right though, down to $119 at Horizon. Dirt cheep if you ask me. Well I'm going to put it together this weekend and see how it flys. Thanks again for the input.

Mark
Old 03-31-2010, 03:05 PM
cpreinfalk

I had the original (yellow/purple) Twist 40 and at that time (roughly 2 years ago) it was $99 on Horizon. They increased it to $119 right after that and then to $179 or so. I'm glad to see the prices come down again!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Spitfire222

I also bought an original V1 for $99 back in 2005 or 2006. When I crashed it last summer, Hobbytown had another one for $180. I just couldn't do it, no matter how much fun/mileage I got out of the first. So, I was all set to get a GP Escapade until I saw the ads for V2 and it made my day! I'm slowly assembling mine, doing a little work each day after work/school. Had to wait a bit for my radio gear to come back from post-crash inspection from Hitec, but all the gear is ok and ready to go back in to #2.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
cpreinfalk

ORIGINAL: Spitfire222

I also bought an original V1 for $99 back in 2005 or 2006. When I crashed it last summer, Hobbytown had another one for $180. I just couldn't do it, no matter how much fun/mileage I got out of the first. So, I was all set to get a GP Escapade until I saw the ads for V2 and it made my day! I'm slowly assembling mine, doing a little work each day after work/school. Had to wait a bit for my radio gear to come back from post-crash inspection from Hitec, but all the gear is ok and ready to go back in to #2.
Have you found any difference to the first one yet (apart from the color and maybe the one or the other piece of hardware)?

I lost mine way back when and I'm keeping an eye on the Twist 40. It was my first 3D plane. I lost it (couldn't find it!!!!) before I even got to learn any 3D with it! :-) I would like to get another one some time ...
Old 04-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Spitfire222

So far, I haven't found any major structural changes, but then again I don't exactly remember the V1's structure. I'm not sure if the fuselage has been strengthened in the rear wing saddle area. I've heard that a weakness there caused many broken fuses on landing on V1. Not to jinx myself, but mine was so easy to land softly, I never worried about reinforcing that area, and I don't plan on it for V2 either.

Also, can anyone verify that they received a clear plastic tube for the throttle pushrod in their hardware package with V2? I'm pretty sure I didn't get one...[&:]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.