Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CA Jets 2010 photos etc.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CA Jets 2010 photos etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CA Jets 2010 photos etc.

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Flyboythe1,
I've seen in a couple of your videos that you refer to large, highly scaled and detailed models as ''full scale''.
Just so you know, ''full-scale'' means 1:1, or the actual full-size airplane that the model is modeled after.
It does not mean a ''model that replicates it's full-sized counterpart in it's scale accuracy''. No biggy, but just a heads up.
Glad you enjoyed your time at Buttonwillow.

Is it wrong that this was really bugging me too?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets
PS, Eddie P will let you cut in front of him on the flight line and not say anything to you......just an FYI if you get tired of waiting in line
Chad, you are such a great guy. Look at you, watching out for a fellow Nevadan! See, there is a method to my madness. How can I still do a victory pass over my competition when they are rolling out on the runway after landing on fumes... if I takeoff first and blow my wad early?

Ian and Paul, good catch. To Marvin's credit, he's not the first guy to coin this. In the last couple years there are a lot of guys saying "100 percent scale" and "full scale" when they mean "scale model airplane, but more scale than ARF scale". It's getting commonplace to hear it but I agree, it's probably more confusing than descriptive.

Marvin, great videos as always bro, thank you for putting these together they are fun to watch. And I do look forward to getting some flying in with you sometime soon!! Are you gonna get that next Hawk together pronto?
Old 03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Whats left of my "Battle Bu" Don't ever let Kenny Mac say, I wanna fly formation with you!!!

4 small bottles of green ZAP and no gear she was back in the air lookin like Dustins!! Thanks for the glue job henry!!

Good fun it was..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29178.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	1408552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73168.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	1408553  
Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I am the one with the empty glue bottle. Your welcome!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:27 PM
sizmik

The green Viper with the Jet-Cat P-20, what brand was it?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Sapac
Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sizmik

The green Viper with the Jet-Cat P-20, what brand was it?
Viper is from Sapac USA. I picked up a kit at the Saturday auction. Great stuff. Scale struts and brakes. P-20 version should be less weight than the electric one. Now I'm just waiting for Wilcox to fly his with the P-20 so we can get some feedback. Flies extremely well ad EDF
Old 03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
sizmik

Thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: -JC-

Viper is from Sapac USA. I picked up a kit at the Saturday auction. Great stuff. Scale struts and brakes.
That gear looked to be awesomely done...great engineering
Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 PM
tkopper

Oh Yea! I'm saving for that Checkered Flagged Beauty! (post # 34)
Old 03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeaah John! I should have got that Viper!! The friggin Trojan i got had a bad servo in it!!! [:@]
Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sux Nick. I'm very happy with the Viper. Got 8 metal gear servos installed tonight and should get the ThunderPower batteries tomorrow. With a little luck it will be flying this weekend. It's such a sweet little jet. Should be a hoot with the P-20 when available
$3600 parkflyer... Effing crazy [:-] [:-]
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is craazzzyyyy!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

I don't even know where to start. California Jets 2010 was a huge success because of a number of things, but first and foremost is the pilots. Every 120 or so pilots who attended and flew their butts off this year are the reason there is a magic wand over our event each and every year. The "vibe" that people describe for the event is brought on solely by the pilots who welcome each other with open arms, big hugs, and plenty of friendship to go around. With all that good Mojo came the sponsors who allowed us to produce this event, and with out them this show would not have been what it has become. Please visit our sponsor page on www.ca-jets.com and visit all the companies and thank them for making this possible.
Also I would like to thank all of the pilots/sponsors who traveled long distances to attend and add even more magic to California Jets, I know traveling and shipping expensive aircraft all over the world cannot be easy, and I thank you for putting forth the effort and dealing with the agony to bring your toys to the show. From Andreas bringing the whole Comp-Arf crew over from Germany and he traveling from Thailand, all bringing lots of great stuff for us to see and fantastic skills to boot. Bob Violet bringing a trailer full of batteries for Rob Lynch to fly his Electra non stop for 4 days....oh yeah, they stuffed a few other jets in there too. Joey Tamez, Scotty Marr, and David Shulman shipping crates over from Florida and showing us that good pilots don't only come from Cali......although most of them do I will get to Pablo in the next post, so don't worry bro..I'm not going to leave you out. Jim and Karen Edie from Colorado, showing those Miami boy's that you don't need a jacket to fly in California, thanks to everyone who traveled so far to come be a part of our show. Lets not forget the Arizona crew of Tony Quist, Wayne layne, and the one and only Ron Long making the hefty drive out here to see us. If I left you out, its because my 4 year old is doing a puzzle at the kitchen table and keeps interrupting me to help her put sleeping beauty's face together.
I got to meet some people for the first time and within 10 minutes feel as if I had known them for years, that's what a great group of people you are. Thanks to Ron Long for letting me use his facilities in the Taj-Mahal.....I seriously thought he wasn't looking
Dave Magoo pulling out his butcher shop and throwing down some serious meat, with a rub that is out of this world. I counted like 15 of us standing around throwing it in our mouths faster then he could cut it. Doug (Duky) Anderson with the sausage and Carne Asada, each of these guy's just cooked and cooked and handed out food to whoever was hovering over the grill. The hospitality is second to none, you cant go anywhere on earth and find a friendlier group of people who are so willing to share everything they have with total strangers. Nobody cared what kit you were flying, what engine you were running, or what radio you were flying it with...you guy's are the god's honest truth good people who I am so proudly to announce are my friends. Thanks again for making a little airport out in the middle of the California central valley the most magical place on earth for 4 days in March.

Dave
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Dave Presta

Now to get serious for a minute for those who did not attend the Saturday night Banquet.

We lost one of my best friends this year in a Motorcycle accident, he was a guy that I considered to be the trademark of every jet show. Johnny Hernandez was the life of the party no matter where he was, and I have some of my most incredible funny memories while hanging with him in Florida and when he visited us out here in California. The most memorable trip is when he and Bryce came out to California to attend Fresno Jets with me and Jimmy.....the stories are still being told years later, that's the type of guy he was. He told lots of stories (a couple were true) burned a lot of Kero, and trademarked the trash talk! Johnny was an icon at any event and I, along with many others, will miss him dearly and never forget him as long as I live.
This year at California Jets 2010 we added an award in Johnny's memory. The recipient of this award would represent the true spirit of the Jet show as did Johnny, and would be the person that everyone wanted to hang out with. He would be the guy who you are always looking for at the end of the day and asking him what he was going to do because you did not want to miss out on any of the fun. As did Johnny, this person would stand out in his flying and also make you belly laugh no matter what you were doing.
This years Johnny Hernandez award was given to Pablo Fernandez. Pablo was not only someone who I would not have met if it were not for Johnny, but would not be here at California Jets if it were not for Johnny. Thanks for taking the trip out Pablo, you earned this award by being a true role model to good spirits and good flying in this hobby.
Johnny would be proud.
Here are a couple of pictures of the award, it is at my house right now as I need to ship it to Pablo. I took the pictures with my daughters to try and give you an idea of the size.

Name:	us52837.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	776.7 KB
ID:	1409794   Click image for larger version

Name:	yw67504.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1409795   Click image for larger version

Name:	vt58119.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1409796  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Very Nice David.
One of my favorite events ever. I've been threatening CA Jets for years and so glad came this year. Wont miss another.
Beautiful daughters too.
Scott
Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well put Dave. Awesome photos of the award. It will never look that good again
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

CA Jets is about flying With Da BOYZZZZ!!!

It was awsome to go out there and burn some kero!!!

It was really great to see so many east coast peeps out!!!

And here is my BVM input, the UAT is really a great piece of equipment. I bow to the power Uncle Bob!

Raf
Old 04-02-2010, 06:25 PM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Again a great run event. Chad and I had a ball. What I have noticed this year is the quality of flying. Other than landing gear problems rarely is a plane lost. The pilots and equipment is getting better and better. Thanks to all. Dan Avilla
Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Scott, she (T-33) is looking for a generous pilot.

This California Jet is better than ever. Thanks to Kenny, Dave Presta, and the Cal group for putting such a wonderful event together.

Mike

Name:	Tr50507.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1410500  
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 PM
jetpilot

SOLD!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Dave Presta

thats funny Scott...when you bought your T-33 from Pablo, it didn't come with anything like that!! Looks like you should have waited, imagine how many hugs you could have gotten for buying yours at California Jets!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Dave Presta

BV did a very nice review of our show on his website, along with some pictures.

http://bvmjets.com/HotShots/CAJets10/ca_jets_2010.htm
Old 04-03-2010, 01:01 AM
RogieVee

Damit Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an event.

I want to thank Kenny and Dave and everyone else out at the "Willow" for a truly wonderful few days of flying and fun which I was lucky enough to be part of. Watchin the wicked display of mad skills hour after hour was amazing. The general feeling of friendship between the pilots in the pits was something to behold... Unlike other events I've attended, this one seemed to have a feel of harmony about it. That it was just all about the fun of flying Jets, and for me, it doesn't get any better than that...

Thanks for all the fun guys,

Magoo
Old 04-03-2010, 08:12 AM
jetpilot

Magoo!!!!
I need some grub rub!!!!
Scitt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.