Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Halp!! old kyosho p-51d

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Halp!! old kyosho p-51d

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Broncoflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halp!! old kyosho p-51d

Hi anyone.....

a friend of mine is trying to ressurect an old rc foam parkflyer. H e doesnt have the orig box anymore but we think it is a Kyosho brand p-51d electric park flyer, well, we know its electric, problem is that the gear reducer on the nose is stripped. I'd like to find him one to get this plane in the air but i can't find one on the net. The motor is marked as a Kyosho LeMans AP36 but there are no numbers on the reduction unit to track down. is this a lost cause or am I just not looking in the right pplaces? If i was closer to a big hobby store I'd try to retro-fit it with an outrunner like on my parkzone corsair. Any idea? the plane itself is in great shape for how old it is 20 or so yrs he says.... Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
Bronco
Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Laird SS

Default RE: Halp!! old kyosho p-51d

Have you tried contacting your Kyosho distributor?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Broncoflyer

We live in a small town way up north. gotta drive 2 hrs to get to a hobby shop. On-line is the only way I can find most of the stuff I need. Kyosho website isn't really all that helpfull.....
Old 04-06-2010, 06:59 AM
jfcgnv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a gear assembly from and old Kyshyo Zero. It is a heavy assembly and swings about a 10 inch prop. I believe it also used the 36 motor. You are welcome to it if this is what you need. Happy to donate it to you.