Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

26cc ESM WARBIRDS READY TO SHIP!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

26cc ESM WARBIRDS READY TO SHIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:24 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 26cc ESM WARBIRDS READY TO SHIP!!!

ORIGINAL: tom2bell

Here is the fw-190 coming out of the box
tom

that is one gorgeous airplane sir, congrats and fly her well [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 PM
tom2bell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are some pics of the old fw-190 and the new one. the one in the front is the old one. It is very close to scale you can't ask for better at this price!
tom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27464.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	675.4 KB
ID:	1400843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50638.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	699.1 KB
ID:	1400844  
Old 03-21-2010, 07:26 AM
airboss45

Guys, check out this site. Scale model building on the T-28's. website is www.t-28-trojan.com great "model" detail work and data on the T-28. don
Old 03-23-2010, 10:46 PM
speedpro 1

ki-84 maiden sweet flyer zenoah g26i

Name:	Om32069.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1403763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14546.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1403764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45238.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1403765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74019.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1403766  
Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Nice looking Ki-84. How did she fly?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 AM
tom2bell

speedpro 1
Great job nice work on the cock pit and love the wheel chocks!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 PM
airboss45

Speedpro, love your plane and really love those meetballs on the wings! don
Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
speedpro 1

evil flys great cg at 108mm instead of 115mm still takes off and lands slower than expected half flaps on landings so far havnt tried full
Old 03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Dean TBM

I know a few of you guys have been asking, so here are some pics of the new ESM P-40...they will be at TBM soon !

Name:	Us53865.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1407213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu63939.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1407214  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dean TBM

I know a few of you guys have been asking, so here are some pics of the new ESM P-40...they will be at TBM soon !

That one is a step backwards in the scale fidelity department.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
ghostrider168

Very nice! Few question I have. What is the wing span? Dose it also comes in AVG Flying Tiger scheme? Any idea when it will be release? Need to start saving up for it.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
ghostrider168

Hey guys, look what I had found.

http://www.esmmodel.com/inc/Enproduc...?productid=211

Too bad they don't have them in AVG Flying Tiger version. I hope they change their mind someday. IMHO...P-40 = Flying Tiger.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
kahloq

That plane has been mentioned in the 50cc size ESM thread. The P-40 flew in every theatre of the war, not just in China. In fact, only 100 were in china out of the several 1000's built. There were far more of them just at Pearl harbor on Dec' 7th then ever went to china for the AVG. Australia had them, British had them in Africa, we had them as the main stay of the Army Aircorp for quite some time even after the start of the war.
Yes, most ppl's introduction to them was because of the AVG in books, history, etc....but far from being P-40 = Flying Tigers. There's nothing wrong with you equating the P-40 with AVG tho, especially since thats all they flew.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
ghostrider168

That is why I put IMHO (in my humble opinion). Not saying everyone should think the same and I certainly don’t expect that any way. I understand P-40 had severed in different theater and if this scheme is your cup of tea, go for it.

AVG is more of a personal thing for me. My late uncle was part of the AVG and as kid, I attended their annual reunion. AVG has a special place in my heart. IMHO……..
Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 PM
mike early

ORIGINAL: ghostrider168

Hey guys, look what I had found.

http://www.esmmodel.com/inc/Enproduc...?productid=211

Too bad they don't have them in AVG Flying Tiger version. I hope they change their mind someday. IMHO...P-40 = Flying Tiger.

That plane is one fine looking model. Good times to be a P-40 RC fan!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
kahloq

ORIGINAL: ghostrider168

That is why I put IMHO (in my humble opinion). Not saying everyone should think the same and I certainly don’t expect that any way. I understand P-40 had severed in different theater and if this scheme is your cup of tea, go for it.

AVG is more of a personal thing for me. My late uncle was part of the AVG and as kid, I attended their annual reunion. AVG has a special place in my heart. IMHO……..
No u misunderstood. I said if you want to equate P-40's with AVG....feel free, but I dont really. Thats all.
And...as far as I know....ESM will be releasing 3 paint schemes. One is the AVG, one the dessert camo as you pictured, and one a Pearl Harbor green version.
Myself...Id get the green version as I do like the P-40, but, with ESM bringing a FW-190 D9 out sometime soon, Ill get that one isntead.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:41 AM
marabino
My Feedback: (1)

I am n intermediate pilot looking at buying  his first warbird like one of those ESM corsair 73" wing span + retracts, 26-30cc gasser. Any recommendations? Is this a generaly difficult plane to fly?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Can someone tell me if the KI- 84 wing is fully sheeted or partially done ?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maribino: Short story- IMHO the ESM corsair is probably not a good first warbird. A similar size P-47 might be a better choice.

I do not think the ESM cosair is difficult to fly, but I have been flying warbirds for years. I see that the only plane you show in My Models is an Yak-54. Its about the same size as the corsair, but much lighter. The Yak wing loading is in the 21 - 24 oz/square ft. The corsair at 17 -19 lbs is going to be in the 40 - 45 oz/sq ft. End result of the higher wing loading is that you have to fly more carefully - more attention to the airplane speed, planning the next manuever sooner, landing at higher speeds, using flaps, etc.

As for putting the ARF togerher, the corsair, in particular, has a three piece flap arrangement on each wing. That is an extra challenge as compared to say a P-47, P-40, or Hellcat with a single flap on each wing.

As for retracts, the corsair, P-40, and Hellcat all have rotating retracts. The wheels rotate 90 degrees while retracting toward the back of the wing. Planes like the P-47, P-51, FW-190 retract the wheels inward toward the fuse. The rotating retracts always seem to be a little more troublesome than the others.

The VQ site has videos for many of the Warbirds they sell.
http://www.vqwarbirds.com

There are RCU threads on several of the ESM warbirds. They are worth reviewing before you step out there.

Brian
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322
Can someone tell me if the KI- 84 wing is fully sheeted or partially done ?
RCSB admin and owner Mike Chilson is on his second Ki-84 "bash" over on his web site. The answer to your question is probably in the thread somewhere.

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...TID=14554&PN=1
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
kahloq

ORIGINAL: marabino

I am n intermediate pilot looking at buying his first warbird like one of those ESM corsair 73'' wing span + retracts, 26-30cc gasser. Any recommendations? Is this a generaly difficult plane to fly?
I would agree with Aghost. A fiberglass high wingloading warbird is not a good choice for someone's first warbird. I speak from experience here. Lack of time with warbirds can lead to several smashed planes because your not prepared mentally for some of the things that can and will at some point go wrong and then what to do at the moment something bad happens..ie deadsticks with heavy planes...tip stalls.....or other odd things.

As far as how a Corsair flies relative to a P-47......for a same size plane and same basic weight...they will both fly about the same. Both are great fliers and have plenty of wing area. id definitely recommend a Corsair over other warbirds for their flying characteristics, but...like aghost mentions, the landing gear set up is more complex. Not really a big deal...just something to be aware of.

If you really want a nice Corsair or similar sized ESM warbird as your first.....it would be a good idea to read the threads relative to the plane your interested in and ask ppl. Also....get someone locally who is a club instructor and you know is a good pilot with warbird experience and have them look over the plane when u have it finished and possibly have him maiden it for you too. At least have him get it up in the air and test its flying ability and then maybe you on a buddy box so you can fly it for awile...then have the instructor land it the first few times the plane is in the air. This way your at least giving yourself a good chance at overall long term success with that plane.

Make sure any instructor actually HAS warbirds and have them show you one of their warbirds before letting him get his hands on your plane. I had an ME-109 years ago I was scared to death to fly. So..I asked one of our club instructors to test fly it. Being that he was an instructor and taught pilots how to fly....I thought he would be able to fly it fine. Well....the moron basically set the plane on the runway for take off orientation and then promptly jammed the throttle wide open resulting in a very quick left torque roll and smush into the ground.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
marabino

Thank you. I understand. I have only 3 planes and a warbird was just a way to expand. I really appreciate your thoughts.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
marabino

Thanks! I think that I will start with a P47 instead. I am not ready for many things like retracts, flaps, and the flying characteristics of a warbird like landing and taking off. I need experience. Someone at my field recommended that I start witha P47 as it is probably a more forgiving airplane for my level. I think that instead of fiberglass, perhaps a top flite P47 might be good choice. Then perhaps next year I can decide on a more challenging airplane like a corsair. Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

ORIGINAL: kahloq

I am n intermediate pilot looking at buying his first warbird like one of those ESM corsair 73'' wing span + retracts, 26-30cc gasser. Any recommendations? Is this a generaly difficult plane to fly?
I would agree with Aghost. A fiberglass high wingloading warbird is not a good choice for someone's first warbird. I speak from experience here. Lack of time with warbirds can lead to several smashed planes because your not prepared mentally for some of the things that can and will at some point go wrong and then what to do at the moment something bad happens..ie deadsticks with heavy planes...tip stalls.....or other odd things.

As far as how a Corsair flies relative to a P-47......for a same size plane and same basic weight...they will both fly about the same. Both are great fliers and have plenty of wing area. id definitely recommend a Corsair over other warbirds for their flying characteristics, but...like aghost mentions, the landing gear set up is more complex. Not really a big deal...just something to be aware of.

If you really want a nice Corsair or similar sized ESM warbird as your first.....it would be a good idea to read the threads relative to the plane your interested in and ask ppl. Also....get someone locally who is a club instructor and you know is a good pilot with warbird experience and have them look over the plane when u have it finished and possibly have him maiden it for you too. At least have him get it up in the air and test its flying ability and then maybe you on a buddy box so you can fly it for awile...then have the instructor land it the first few times the plane is in the air. This way your at least giving yourself a good chance at overall long term success with that plane.

Make sure any instructor actually HAS warbirds and have them show you one of their warbirds before letting him get his hands on your plane. I had an ME-109 years ago I was scared to death to fly. So..I asked one of our club instructors to test fly it. Being that he was an instructor and taught pilots how to fly....I thought he would be able to fly it fine. Well....the moron basically set the plane on the runway for take off orientation and then promptly jammed the throttle wide open resulting in a very quick left torque roll and smush into the ground.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:55 PM
kahloq

Thank you. I understand. I have only 3 planes and a warbird was just a way to expand. I really appreciate your thoughts.
Nothing at all wrong with expanding your flying ability. Warbirds are a lot of fun and can be quite addicting. If the Corsair is one of your favorites, maybe hangar 9 would work well?. Its a lot lighter and can still use a 20cc size gas motor or equivalent glow. It uses mechanical retracts.
Or...for some nice flying fun with a Corsair of decent size and really light, maybe consider an FMS 56.2" Corsair. its made specifically for electric power, has electric retracts, and nice scale looking 4 blade prop.
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.php/products_id/1836

Name:	Pn37857.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1544820  
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM
kahloq

Ummm...the Top Flite P-47 is NOT...i repeat NOT something Id recommend as a good first warbird. The top Flite P-47 is HEAVY for its size. I club friend of mine thats been flying for 30 years and almost lost his on final approach on maiden because it snaps HARD with no warning on landing speeds that would be rather fast for most warbirds of that size.

Its a great looking plane....but like the TF P-51...its heavy. Ive got the TF P-51 and while it flies well...it does need to land fast and have adequate power. A Saito 125 is barely enough to fly it with decent ability...meaning capable of doing loops.
Honestly....the ESM P-51 is easier to fly..I have this one also. It may be heavier overall...but its bigger. My opinion of course, but the ESM p-51 lands easier and slower then a TF P-51 can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.