Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

vpower's need for speed#2

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
vpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vpower's need for speed#2

O.K i have the need for speed as some of you might already know so i wanted to build something myself from scratch(well...sorta) i needed someones help to point out if there is any place that sells a 1/8th scale belt drivetrain

thanks in advance

p.s. once i get this part I will turn this into a build thread and keep you all posted with the latest advance in my build.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: vpower's need for speed#2

You are after belts and pulleys or are you looking for a complete transmission that is ready to bolt to a custom chassis?

For belts and puleys try- https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=347 and http://www.motionco.co.uk/

For a complete assembly, there are many rolling chassis on ebay etc.

Good luck with your build.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM
vpower

thanks for that anthoop! but is this ok for a 1/8thscale? and do you know any 1/8thscale belt differentials?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Anthoop

I can not imagine that there is an indepent manufacturer of belt pulleys that incorporate a differential.

So, I think your best route is to check out ebay etc. for parts/rolling chassis of belt drive cars. Although most manufacturers will use the same sized pulleys/diffs and belt type for their own 1/8 and 1/10 scale cars, be aware that there are many different belt types/sizes. That means not all belts will work with all pulleys, you must know belt type.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:28 PM
vpower

oh ok but i really dont want to wast money on a rolling chassis if im ()this close to buying cf to make my own chassis. but i will look on ebay to see if theres anything cheap thanks anthoop!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to burst your bubble but i honestly see your efforts pointless, Just save up and get your self a quality car new or used.

Your tring to renvent the wheel and i just dont see it happening man, i see you just building a money pit
Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 PM
vpower

i will leave you in awe as i do 200 on your little tropical park paking lot[sm=punching.gif]

seriously i have some awesome plans for a 1/8th scale with everything made out of carbon fibre(because its a kick arse material its light wieght and hard as hell)i already have a perfect motor esc comb where i can put an 8s li-po in there and gear the $#!* out of it so when i mean burning rubber i mean burning rubber(this motor esc combo is top secret and if i tell you any specs about them i will have to kill you) and i know a place where they sell aluminum and cf real cheap(also top secret) so all odds are against you my friend.

oh and good luck with that 1/4th scale project of yours... hope it turns out awesome
Old 04-11-2010, 08:49 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: vpower

i will leave you in awe as i do 200 on your little tropical park paking lot[sm=punching.gif]

seriously i have some awesome plans for a 1/8th scale with everything made out of carbon fibre(because its a kick arse material its light wieght and hard as hell)i already have a perfect motor esc comb where i can put an 8s li-po in there and gear the $#!* out of it so when i mean burning rubber i mean burning rubber(this motor esc combo is top secret and if i tell you any specs about them i will have to kill you) and i know a place where they sell aluminum and cf real cheap(also top secret) so all odds are against you my friend.

oh and good luck with that 1/4th scale project of yours... hope it turns out awesome
Carbon fiber car at tropical park with that beat up street??? good luck bein there done that that chassis wont last one afternoon. Where are you get the CF cheap? i know a few sources but CF isnt cheap.

What 1/4th scale project are you talking about??? i dont have anything that big
Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 PM
supafastsupra2

You must have been dropped as a child [:@] ... 200mph at tropical now that's one i'd like to see. Seriously vpower if you want some assistance from one of us that knows a thing or two then feel free to ask. but talking garbage when you don't know what you're saying is getting you nowhere and wasting your (parent's) money.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 AM
D.DJ

Keep it clean gentlemen.

But you are right, 200mph is a massive stretch, even from a nitro-guy's perspective.
Only way I see it is if you have some sort of miniature nuclear reactor strapped to that chassis!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:26 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: D.DJ

Keep it clean gentlemen.

But you are right, 200mph is a massive stretch, even from a nitro-guy's perspective.
Only way I see it is if you have some sort of miniature nuclear reactor strapped to that chassis!!
If i see a miniature nuclear reactor in the hands of vpower, ill give my family a call and tell them i loved them verybmuch. LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM
D.DJ

HAhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if there was another word I could use that means the same as LOL but with more punch to it, I WOULD USE IT TEN FOLD!!
But seriously, i only think that would be possible if it had a pack of mini-NASA rocket boosters attached to it along with all fancy aerodynamic wings and stuff to keep it glued to the road! I think ProblemChild would have a run for his money if that car was successful and he decides to enter at the next ISC or whatever it is you have up there! Minus the rocket boosters of course...