Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

exceed short course

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 PM
robbiesmechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exceed short course

so im looking at short course trucks and thinkin about the slash 4x4 but man its expensive. i seen a truck made by exceed. its a 4x4 short course with a brushless set up rtr for $189. i have a friend with an exceed buggy and its mad fast and he really likes it but will the short course be as good? what do yall think?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
robbiesmechanic

Default RE: exceed short course

any ideas???????
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Exceed is a knock-off brand, parts support does not exist locally. Most parts have to be ordered online. I don't know about their quality, some people say it's really bad some people like it. I find support one of the most important factors when it comes with choosing a car.

If you're fine with it then go ahead.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:04 PM
robbiesmechanic

what brand are they modeled after and where could i find parts other than from the dealer? what other parts manufacturer's might work with this particular truck?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 PM
robbiesmechanic

i think the exceed shortcourse is the same as the redcat shortcourse..... if someone else could compare the two and give some input
Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 AM
burrito

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just savemore moneyfor a slash.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
FoamyVictim

+1. Off brand RCs are a headache waiting to happen. Save up a bit and get something you can get parts and support for easily.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
robbiesmechanic

the only problem with saving up for a slash is everyone else already has one... so i would have the same as everyone else, which in turn means going the same speed and have the same handling.... and all the same everything else.... so how do you get ahead or be different when you have the same equipment as all others?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: robbiesmechanic

the only problem with saving up for a slash is everyone else already has one... so i would have the same as everyone else, which in turn means going the same speed and have the same handling.... and all the same everything else.... so how do you get ahead or be different when you have the same equipment as all others?
Practice. Many of these cars have equal speed... Some are faster... The truck that won, was not the fastest truck... it was the truck driven fastest.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZhQt8g7yg[/youtube]
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

change the suspension, motor, esc, pinion, batteries, don't suck at driving, etc
Old 04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
robbiesmechanic

the biggest issue i do not like about the slash is the high center of gravity. for the money you need to spend on a new chassis you could go buy a different truck
Old 04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Buya blitz.

It is the anti-slash
Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 PM
tolofrhr

I have one. It's actually one of my favorites because it's 4wd. It's smaller than a Slash both shorter and narrower. It's pretty tough. I haven't managed to break anything. i have burned up some motors with it though. It's overgeared out of the box. Couple that with a heavy trigger finger and I've burned up 4 motors. Mechanically though nothing has broken. For the price it's hard to beat, but it's not a full on race truck. It makes a heck of a basher though! I normally don't like Redcat/Exceed. This truck has given me a better opinion though!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
robbiesmechanic

so would it be competitive with a small time track with a few guys racin at once with the right person driving it? what other namebrand parts would crossover to this truck? how much of a size difference are we talkin about? is it an inch or a foot? it is 1/10 scale like the slash so it can't be much smaller. so the exceed and the redcat truck are the same truck right?