Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Little Ezra Smiles!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:45 AM
plasma 327

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little Ezra Smiles!!!!!

Went to Fulton's hobby shop and met Ezra and Justin.. Great People!!! Here are the pics...
We made his day!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37139.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1419591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93104.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	1419592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95675.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1419593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88506.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1419594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68670.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1419595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14787.jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	1419596   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86214.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1419597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79573.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1419598  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51107.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1419599  
Old 04-17-2010, 12:27 PM
redfisher1974

Default RE: Little Ezra Smiles!!!!!

Thats one happy boy! Good job.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to see the kid was real

I'll be honest I was only semi jerkish in the last thread due to seeing too many con-artist in my days(can't drive 2 miles without seeing at least one where I live) that all have similar stories as the one that was posted. Just see them a few days later in a brand new Lexus or Mercedes.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
redfisher1974

maybe someone can find the OP a job so he can get on his feet aswell.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
plasma 327

Yes he is very happy redfisher1974... Just so you know "OP" had a job interview yesterday!!!! He won't know till next week... Good Luck to him!!!!
All is good SyCo_VeNoM, I understand but not all are bad people.. Have to take a chance sometimes!!!!
Good Luck and Best Wishes to all who supported us and Ezra!!!
God Speed

Chip
Old 04-17-2010, 02:34 PM
rcslsafut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is soooooooo cool !!!!
words cant describe the way that makes me feel !!!!
sure is nice to know there is good poeple left in this
world!! sometimes a person has just about lost his faith
in humanity and good will , chip your a helluva guy and there
should be more poeple like in this world .
Old 04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
plasma 327

Yes it is!!! I feel the same way rcslsafut....
Thanks for the kind words..
Good Luck and Best Wishes to you and Your's!!!
God Speed

Chip
Old 04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

nice pics Plasma. I am happy that it all turned out (I was afraid it was a scam before). You are truly a great American and all around nice person.

On a side note, Justin if you are hard up for $$maybe it would be best to stop smoking (I can't stand when people complain about not having money but still miraclously find money to buy cigs)

Old 04-17-2010, 03:53 PM
plasma 327

Thanks, mazdaprotege4... Thanks for the kind words...
Good Luck and Best Wishes to You and Yours
God Speed

Chip
Old 04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
plasma 327

Ezra is a very nice young man.. He was so excitied he was shaking and not sure what to say.. He thanked me numerous times, huged me and had earlier in the week made me a drawing of a Rc car and made me a great paper air plane... made me feel really good like it does make a difference... It brought joy and a smile to his face and that is what it is all about!!!!!!!
God Speed

Chip
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45067.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1419714  
Old 04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
teacher brent

That's a keeper. Needs to be pinned up behind your workbench.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 AM
quietnas1

Well Chip you are truely a good man. I never doubted that it was not real but just had to voice my opinion. In the end there is no better feeling than helping a young kid out and putting a smile on his face. Lucky kid and I do wish justin the best of luck a?d hopes he gets that job.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 AM
plasma 327

Yes it is teacher brent... My wife is going to pick up a frame and we will put in my work area on the wall..
Good Luck to you!!!
God Speed

Chip
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
plasma 327

Thank You quietnas1... Being able to voice ones opinion good or bad is one of the freedoms that make us great.... It is a feeling that is tought to desc ribe with words"GREAT"!!!!!!
I hope he gets the job as well....
Good Luck to you and yours...
God Speed

Chip
Old 04-18-2010, 12:14 PM
R/Cer

im am glad to see this was real ,he will always have this memory ,
Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
cika
My Feedback: (35)

Hey all, Ezra's enjoying them ALOT! He had a little touble when I was outta town this weekend with the micro's steering. He forgot about the servo adjustment knob on the Tx,lol... Well the little guy got some tools and went right to takin it apart, all on his own. His grandmother told him "no" and to wait for me. He said "I can fix it!" . Well its in pieces now(tonights progect for me,lol). But I was proud he tried to fix it on his own. He wasnt scared to get in and take it apart.  I'll have to solder a wire back and buy a screw set(lost 2 in carpet)  but he tried and thats cool. But hes lovin them and showin them off to everyone who willin to see! But I'll touch base with you all later, got a few things to unpack. AWW, and I got a job! Pizza Hut. It sucks, I know. Im emberrased. Prides in the way. But I aint to proud to work where I have to.  Gotta family and Ezras gonna keep me runnin to the LHS I'm shure!  Talk to ya all later.
 Justin   
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

I am happy to hear that you got the job!  Good luck with everything there, who knows maybe you can work your way into management or something like that. 
Old 04-18-2010, 10:52 PM
rcslsafut

how cool is that ?
as far as the job and the pride thing . just be happy your
out working . soo many poeple dont have jobs across this
country right now. and i would rather work, than sit home
and complain about how much money i am or not making!!
anyway's be glad you got something, dont let it get you down
cause someday things will pick back up, and you and alot
of others will be back to a good job!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 AM
cika

Yea, I know. Its been since Feb. since Ive worked and I wanna rip my hair out if I had some,lol.. But yes Im greatful to be workin again. Jobs arent that abundent around here. McD's thats about it. I just will feel a little stupid wearing a Pizza hut outfit as I havent had a job like this since I was about 21. But hey, ITS A JOB! Like you said "be greatful I have one". And little Ezra lucked out. In his first maintence job he managed to break a few spots on the esc/rc(green board). It wasnt able to be fixed. I luckily had a NIP micro esc/rx from a prior deal where the seller sold me a Losi tx/rx and forgot to list that the RX was a esc/rx for micro. I thought it would be a dust collector for ever. But Im happy I had it as no one has $35 right off hand and he loves the micro. But I replaced it and ordered a hardware set to replace the screws he lost. But hey, he went without it for 2 days. Lesson learned, wait for uncle Justin for now. Till he learns a little more. But I admire his willingness in trying to fix it. In Nov. when I first started the hobby I would run to the LHS for every repair. So thats great he has no fear in workin on it. But for now he should wait, so he doesnt turn a turn of a knob on the TX into $35+, lol.... But we got him together. I also gave him my Nimh packs as Im moving to lipo now. So he has a nice peakcharger and 2 more packs I gave him.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
joeheren
My Feedback: (11)

chip
you are awsome, what a great thing you did! glad to know it was for real!! we need more ppl like you and your wife in this world. my hat is off to ya!!!
i do know what comes around goes around...
god bless you guys!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
RC_Diablo

Chip I followed the other thread untill it was closed.. All I can say is you are an awesome person to give an RC like that away.. I have a Pro pulse truck that I was going to give to him when I read the first post.. It needed a set of shocks but for a couple dollars it could have been up and running.. however after a couple of pages I started to change my mind for one the OP had more RCs than me not to mention more money than I had in mine.. If I was willing to sacrafice a RC I seen no reason why he sholudnt have already gave the boy one.. Regardless though the story has inspired me to fix the Propulse up and give it to some one local who could have fun with it..
Old 04-19-2010, 11:42 AM
fastandloud

Like others have said seeing those pics gave me a feeling that is just too hard to put into words. The kids are the future of this hobby and Im sure Ezras gonna remember this for the rest of his life.
Pizza **** was my first job and Ive gone back several times since, Atleatst you get free pies now
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM
cika

YEP! When I was a child I would always say "when I grow up Im eatin pizza every day. And I do! lol....... Well I celebrated gettin a job today and took my unemployment check and bought a Losi Strike! It wont be there till friday thou. Any of you guys ever had any experience with them or seen them in action? I got it so I can go up with Chip in PA and race. I was thinkin of grabbin a 25 amp EZRun for it as there only $25. Do you think it would give me any more than stock? I see I can grab it and a Tacon BL motor for $50 shipped. You shurely cant beat the price. But if it aint gonna give me more than stock I cant wast $50.  But I hate to keep it with a brushed system. Let me know what you guys think?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
RC_Diablo

I think thats exactly why I changed my mind on sending the pro pulse...
Old 04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: cika

YEP! When I was a child I would always say ''when I grow up Im eatin pizza every day. And I do! lol....... Well I celebrated gettin a job today and took my unemployment check and bought a Losi Strike! It wont be there till friday thou. Any of you guys ever had any experience with them or seen them in action? I got it so I can go up with Chip in PA and race. I was thinkin of grabbin a 25 amp EZRun for it as there only $25. Do you think it would give me any more than stock? I see I can grab it and a Tacon BL motor for $50 shipped. You shurely cant beat the price. But if it aint gonna give me more than stock I cant wast $50. But I hate to keep it with a brushed system. Let me know what you guys think?
I for one am glad to see Ezra happy, and I cannot say it enough, what Chip did for Ezra is nothing short of awesome and I am very happy to call him an ambassador of the RC hobby.
Chip, as you always say, I say back to you and I mean it from the bottom of my heart, God speed, and I honestly hope that goodness and kindness are in turn returned to you too.

Justin, please, do NOT soil what Chip has done for Ezra by showing any more of your greed.
The very sentence "...I celebrated gettin a job today and took my unemployment check and bought a Losi Strike!" does just that!
Chip sacrificed ALOT to make your cousin happy, yet you go and take your unemployment check to buy an RC for YOURSELF??
This is why people were becoming upset with you, you have no shame asking for handouts to cobble together an RC for Ezra and now, you buy YOURSELF a brand new RC, with money that is supposed to keep your family and yourself afloat.

Sorry, Justin, this thread is supposed to be about the great and generous deed Chip has done for Ezra. The last thing everyone needs to know is you buying a new RC for yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.