Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

50H08_ExceedG2

Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
kenjan61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50H08_ExceedG2

newbie here, well kind new, new to the forum anyway.
heres the deal, i have been hopping a axe cp3 for sometime and crashing as usual. at the time when i purchased the axe my son brought me a exceed g2 50ho8 as gift which i just put on the shelf until i was better with the axe.
well being bored the other day i pulled it down, charged the battery and read though the manual. checked all the screws and such and palced the charged battery in, turned on the transmitter and plugged the battery in. the transmitter appeared to do its self check and went to a solid light, the copter leds flashed for bit and went solid. never heard any beeping.
thinking it was ready to test i moved the sticks around, it seemed that the control surfaces were responding correctly however when i attempted throttle up nothing happened, slowly adjusted the throttle trim and still nothing on the stick. i turned the transmitter off and back on, the transmitter light went though the checks again and solid, still nothing with throttle.
on the back of the transmitter i have dip switches, which i figured i would try and flip but to my surprise as soon as i turnthe ones that on to off, it took off, rolled and crashed to the floor. the rotor motor smoked until icould get the battery disconnected.
i have ordered the parts that i think arebad (motor) and the broken pieces, but i need info for the correct placement of the dip switches cause i could not remember which one i moved to off in the excitement. any help would be great.
i have orodered themotor, does anyone think any other electricial part should be changed? sc, reciever?
thanks