trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

nice reply!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
RedwingRC

Where else do you get an intimate knowledge of the product like that!  That's why I started offering the JC 28 in the first place... I saw how Henry stood behind his stuff!

Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Tseres

Geeeez Henry. I'm glad I got old and developed the patience to read such a long reply.
There shouldn't be any questions left after that one.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
JVB
My Feedback: (2)

Tim (RedwingRC),

When do you expect the MX2 to be available and what will the approximate cost be? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 PM
awd

Hi Henry

Well that was a great explenation on the YD-A range and lots of engine sizes to choose from tn the future.I also have to say that by answering all the questions with everyone and helping people out you are making it easy for folks to get a YD-A cause I can see that everyone would get good custurmer back up through the futurte and that to me is as inportant as a good and realiable engine.

thanks regards cisco
Old 04-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey awd

Thanks for the kind words....

In Australia, you are going to have incredible support. Steve is there - in the west end - and you have Ari (Model Aviation Online) in the east. An awesome combination for the Continent.

Cheers
Henry

Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 PM
awd

Hi Henry
Yes you are right with Ari, I have asked him quite a lot of questions and he has answered me back with in 24 hours no problems and always with a good reply. I,am one to read up on everything before i start a new project I dint use to and just purchased stuff fast without much knwleedge and had lots of faliures for not reading and asking questions. so if you dont do your homework dont be supprised if you make the wrong purchased. My new plane arrives hopefully next month and I have made up my mind to use a YD-A 56 for it and I think it will be a great combo so ari will have to put up with me LOL.

cisco
Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 PM
RedwingRC

HeyJVB,

Thank you for inquiring!

The MX2's ANDthe Sbach should both hit the water in Early June. It takes 20days or so so by late June or early if they end up being ahead of schedule.

The Cost for plane is $369 and the Combo with the JC28 is $589.If you are one of the first 10 to order it is $325 for the airframe only. Ihave 4 of those sold/or preordered I believe.So a few more left at that price.

Let me know if you have any questions!I'm happy to help
Tim
Old 04-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Ken Sawyer

Hi ,
My first post here. I'm building an Ace 4-120 (almost to covering stage) and using a JC 28. THis is my first gasser and I was wondering if it is helpful to use a throttle curve with these engines.

Many thanks,
Ken
Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 AM
apalsson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the maiden flight of one of our YAKs with an YD-A 56cc.
The pilot is Zac Mitchell, an exceptionally talented pilot given his young age.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NKuVSb5huQ&feature=player_embedded#!

Old 04-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Piston

Hey Ari
What was that... a 15 foot roll out? Where's the suspense, the drama...
Zac is one of your Down Under sponsored pilots - right? Wow... for a young fella, he shows A lot of confidence.

PLEASE get us another video of him some time in the future. I see IMAC champ written all over the lad!
I think it is wonderful that you are providing the younger lads with opportunity of exploring the hobby with your planes and the YD-A engines.

Great vid and my hat off to you!
Cheers
Henry
Old 04-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Tseres

Nice Job Ari. Hats of to Zac.
Looking forward to more vids.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Money burning a hole in my pocket, can't wait for the introduction announcements!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:16 AM
AJsToyz

My Extra is singing the lonely song .... I'm so lonely ... [&o]

Andy
Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
RedwingRC

Hey Ken

I’m not using a throttle curve on mine, but that may come in to personal preference. The arm on the carburetor is fairly short, so it does make it a bit sensitive if there is any kind of slop in your linkages.But Iset mine up tight and it's flying fine without any radio mixing (see video)

Henry, is there a good method for lengthening the arm?Or replacing it with another?

Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 PM
AJsToyz

Lets see if this has pics ... if not its post 240 on page 10.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...0/key_/tm.htm#
Old 04-25-2010, 12:43 PM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

Hi I need some suggestions . Hae a great 20cc but need some suggestions as to what planes are in the 7-9# range.
Plans, KITS,or maybe a ARF
Old 04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
AJsToyz

Tom did a Seagull Yak-54, and I'm planning on the same. Seemed to be a good set up.

Andy
Old 04-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Super08

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

My Extra is singing the lonely song .... I'm so lonely ... [&o]

Andy
Buy another Extra or a Yak maybe to keep it company while your out.

..then you'll have an excuse to buy another engine
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
AJsToyz

LOL Thats a great thought but I don't know, if they started a duet ?? LOL They might break into " No body knows the troubles I've seen"

Andy
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey Ari
What was that... a 15 foot roll out? Where's the suspense, the drama...
Zac is one of your Down Under sponsored pilots - right? Wow... for a young fella, he shows A lot of confidence.
More like 10 foot .... hey, that engine is new out of the box and Zac was trying to be gentle

Zac entered his first IMAC competition only a few months ago and was awarded "Rookie of the Year" and also won his class hands down.
He has only been flying for two years and has shown some awesome potential.
When we were introduced, I was immediately impressed with the way he approaches things and the maturity and confidence he shows.

Steve and I discussed the sponsorship concept and both believe that by giving young and upcoming talent access to the best possible equipment and a bit of support and advice, we are promoting this wonderful hobby and assisting talented young ones to reach their potential. This is why we joined in sponsoring Zac without any real expectation of any returns.

We certainly haven't seen the last of Zac's IMAC titles !!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Phoenex

ORIGINAL: RedwingRC

Hey Ken

I’m not using a throttle curve on mine, but that may come in to personal preference. The arm on the carburetor is fairly short, so it does make it a bit sensitive if there is any kind of slop in your linkages. But I set mine up tight and it's flying fine without any radio mixing (see video)

Henry, is there a good method for lengthening the arm? Or replacing it with another?

Take a look at the following link.

[link=http://www.rcaer.com/pages/files/Aerovate%20-%20Throttle%20Arm%20Solution%20for%20Gas%20Carbs.p df]19. Throttle Arm Attachment Technique - this one is among the best [/link]

I took a look at your planes and like the Sbach quite a bit. Any chance of getting a different color scheme on the Sbach? I would like to see a scheme with something besides dark covering on the leading edges on the wing. I would also like to see a good picture of the hardware supplied with the Sbach. Are both of these planes designed for the JC28 version 2 Evo to bolt right up without modification? Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 06:09 PM
RedwingRC

Thanks for the link! Look at that - right on RCaeros site!

I'm glad you like them, and Iwas thinking of something else on the sbach.If you have some ideas let me know but the first batch will probably be as shown. The hardware is not displayed becuase the original hardware was not as good as Iwanted to supply so Iworked with the company to change it to ball links.It's going to be similar to the MX2 hardware, but I'll post shots when it's all finalized.

On my demo (videocoming soon), I didn't go with a JC28cc as the cooling fins would have meant Iwould cut a little bit of the cowl (the small scale feature just below and behind the prop). Not a big deal and I have a second demo going together with the JC. BUTIbelive there will be a new option available soon to fit it from RCaero.The plane willwork and fly great with the JC, and the distance is just about perfect, from standoffs to hub.Ican't remember if Ihave to add a small washer right now or not(1/8"maybe) I'll let you know when Ihave it on

Thanks again!
Tim
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 AM
aussiesteve

Ok, Ok, I am back from the depths of nowhere and am slowly getting to answer all my correspondence.[]

MANY people have been asking about the status of the new YD-A engines. Well, here is the current status.

The 23cc
This is in fact it's true displacement - unlike other "20cc" manufacturers who sell what is actually a 23cc engine as a 20cc then claim it to be powerful. WE have a 23cc engine that is actually sold as a 23cc and IS VERY powerful.
The final prototyping of the ACTUAL production configuration had a little setback recently when some dumb thumbs "did their thing" a week or so ago. We did get some great info on crash survivability though and can honestly say - it survived an almost full speed - 45 degree dive into the grass with the only real damage being to "someones" pride and the prop driver stub (designed to break in such a situation to save the expensive bits). We now have another one airborne and are finalising the test flying of that. Time on this engine so far - 45 hours of HARD use running Redline oil at 40:1 from the first run until the end of the first 2 litres then at 50:1 since then - the videos of that engine flying were the first runs right "out of the box".

The 32cc
Yep - 32cc and powerful. Also flying the final production prototype of that engine but it also had a minor setback last Saturday when "someone" (are you watching Toothpick??) forgot that the ground here is higher than the - well - not sure where he was aiming his inverted harrier to finish but it pancaked BEAUTIFULLY under full control into the ground and snapped the airframe in half. No engine damage but we are currently retrofitting another airframe for the engine to go into for it final few hours of testing.
The time on this engine so far - 42 hours of hard use on the same oil as the 23.

The 38cc
Flying happily, glad to report no crash testing so far on this one - (For the factory fliers that have been enjoying these - That doesn't mean it needs to happen [8D]) So far, 36 hard flying hours on it and going very strong.

The 42cc
This engine is simply a larger bore version of the 38 (sort of). The Edge it was in met its demise during a VERY early flight and because it is effectively only a large bore version of the 38, We allowed other things to get in the way of getting it airbonre in a hurry so we only have 28 hours testing on it so far. ALL trouble free.

OK - what next?

ALL the final prototypes need to have had 50 hours of hard run time on them before I finalise the investment of the first production run for sale to the public. (THat final part of the investment is around $100,000 and doesn't include the money spent to date so I need to be absolutely 10000000% happy that the product is perfect before I spend it). I expect the final hours of the 23,32 & 38 engines to be completed in the next few weeks and the 42 not long afterwards. 50 hours is about 200 flights or more for most people and the hours being spent on these engines are almost entirely hard hours on the engines - 3d practice, hovering practice and Harriers and Rolling Circles. THis is to ensure we have the throttle curves right (that is the official excuse and we are sticking to it).

I am also finalising the exact mounting dimensions as I have discovered that many of the target size airframes for these engines are not suited to many of the later crops of engines and have to have various modifications to them. I am ensuring these fit to as many of the available airframes as possible so that you can have whatever combo you wish to fly.

Unlike some companies have done in recent history, I will NOT sell a "test batch" to the general public in the hope it all works. When they are released, they will be ready for you to go fly them - HARD.

So - timing of these?
I expect to have the first batch available for sale (through RC Aero in North America, and Model Aviation in Australia) around the end of June.

After that?
Twins - Around September
An "In Betweener to suit the larger warbirds" Around December (Didn't say in between what though did I)

Meanwhile - for those desperate to fly the current crop of "30 sized" planes - the next best thing is available to you now - the JC28 - this truly is a great little engine too - so good that we will be continuing to import it and sell it to give you the choice.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:47 AM
Aircraft Modelers Research Inc

Good news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.