Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
CarGuy7a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

ORIGINAL: ktoomracer_436

Atleast it's not way too lean! And awesome I'll have to tackle the sway bars Friday night. Is it easy to change set up positions on them once installed?
Yeah it's cake to adjust the sway bars after they're installed. There is a lock collar on the ends of the turnbuckles that the sway bar slides into with a set screw in the collar to lock the sway bar down. Adjusting it all you have to do is loosen the set screw and set how far the sway bar sticks out of it then lock it back down. I run the sway bars on the rear flush with the top of the lock collar and the fronts sway bars with a half inch sticking up out of the lock collars. It helps stiffen the front so the inside rear tire doesn't lift while turning.

Well way too rich can be just as bad as way too lean, they can both kill the con rod. I did call nitrohouse (where I buy the OFNA carb parts) and figured out I had the wrong slide in the .26 carb (which I pretty much already knew it wasn't right). The really really stupid thing is, the part # for the slide in the Force .26 carb and the part # for the slide in the Force .28 carb is the exact same number but two totally different parts. It makes absolutely no sense and it took forever to get the guy at nitrohouse to realize this. The force .28 carb slide has the LSN adjustment in the slide much like the Stock 3.3 carb where the needle itself is adjustable, whereas the force .26's slide the needle is fixed in the slide and the tube that the needle slides into is the actual LSN adjustment. I finally told the guy to pull the slide for the Force .26 carb and describe it to me. He got the part and said "yep this one is solid on the end and the needle is fixed", I said "yes sir that's the one I need right there, put that exact one in a box and send it to me". So he took my payment info and hopefully the part will be here soon. I absolutely cannot blame the guy at nitrohouse for not knowing this as this was OFNA's fault for having the same part # for 2 totally different parts.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
ktoomracer_436

Ya that's lame! Good deal you got that figured out!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 PM
CarGuy7a

Ya that's lame! Good deal you got that figured out!
No doubt. The thing that really sucks though is my truck is already down before I even got to run it this year.

Well it's supposed to be raining the next 4 days and my truck is pretty nasty and has grime all over it so it looks like a tear down and clean up may be in order until it stops raining and my parts come in.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
ktoomracer_436

Broke it in last night then ran a couple tanks through it after that, had a great time! Took it in the grass which was a little wet and after a little bit I would lose control to the truck, didn't think it was all that wet..

Also installed the sway bars last night can't wait to test them out today!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:37 PM
ktoomracer_436

Man those sway bars are night and day!!! Couldn't
stop playin with that thing haha.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 PM
ktoomracer_436

So I live north of Sacramento California, lookin for a track to go to. Good place for a beginner to go? Anyone?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:42 AM
CarGuy7a

Got my carb slide today and it IS the correct one. Man they ship fast. It came regular USPS I ordered it wednesday and got it saturday. That's pretty darn good considering it came from CA to KY in about 3 days.

I tore my Slayer down on Saturday as well to clean things up and check it all out. I got a huge pile of parts on my work cart. There is a ton of parts on these slayers. More than any other truck I have seen. There has to be a bazillion screws too LOL. Oh well I can't run it anyways it's supposed to keep raining until about tuesday or wednesday then I'll have to wait another day or so for it to dry up.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
ktoomracer_436

Haha ya all those parts make me scared to tear into it
Old 04-25-2010, 06:28 PM
CarGuy7a

Haha ya all those parts make me scared to tear into it
It's not too bad really. I'll take it apart in assemblies and put the screws back into the holes they screw into or I would definitely loose track of where they go. Once you do it once or twice it's second nature. What takes the time is cleaning all the nitro grime off and re lubing the bearings and little crap like that.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
ktoomracer_436

How often should I do motor maintanence and what not, I have now ran a little over half a gallon through it
Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
f0rmula_2001

As long as you empty the fuel out of it then turn it over a few more times till it get all the fuel out of the lines you should be good. If you are going to let it sit for more than a week or 2 you should put after run oil in it. WD-40 or the likes will work too. Are you cleaning your air filter? it makes keeping a tune easier.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
ktoomracer_436

Awesome thanks, using wd if it sits for more than a day, other than that whenever I am done I get all the nitro outta there and turn it over for a bit. I think I have 5 filters so that helps make it easy to stay on that. Anything else to know, as I said I am new to this and having a great time! Would like to try goin to a track too. Thanks everyone for your input
Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 PM
CarGuy7a

I usually ARO mine after every time I run it. It definitely doesn't hurt anything. I don't run mine every day though. Maybe a couple times a week.

I'll also completely disassemble the motor for inspection about every two gallons just to keep and eye on the con rod condition, Piston face and button head color to evaluate my tune, and I'll check the bearings and piston/sleeve pinch. Then I clean all the motor parts, lube it up with a little WD or ARO and put it all back together.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 PM
davecal1

Ok, I thought Traxxas came along way since I first started this in 87 (RC10). Migrated to planes then back to cars. The Traxxas easy start sys is a POS. Started the Slayer after loosening the plug, broke it in, all went well. Next take it out today to check out the sway bars and the F**ing thing will not start the F4444 battery dies, F#$% this, oh yes I charged the battery.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
slayer76

you should quit the hobby all together,and give me all your stuff
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM
koolkrabber47
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: stealthbomber

Code:
It has arrived!

This is huge! -1:10 touring shell next to slayer

Is that the way they come stock??????.....if so, how much$$$ for everything, if you don't mind me asking???......
Old 05-01-2010, 06:37 AM
davecal1

LMFAO
Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM
ktoomracer_436

Man this has been a rough weekend for my truck.... frustrating for me! Fire it up friday get it warmed up and throw the body on then lose a hub pin right away. Drive 45 min. to the LHS to get what I need then get home fix it fire it back up and my clutch spring breaks, back to my LHS to get clutch shoes and spring. After I get that fixed its too dark to run since I had spent 3 hours of driving to and from the hobby shop. So Today I get it warmed up throw the body on and my throttle servo gets messed up( wires pulled out and I had already fixed this a few times) so it was off to the hobby shop for me again. Buy a new ball bearing metal gear servo and head back home. Once I got that fixed and ran for about 5 min my steering servo gears strip out, took the gears out of my old throttle servo to get me by for the day and finally got to run a few tanks through her.

So Tomorrow i'm headed to get a new steering servo and was thinking of getting 2. Anyone else running 2 steering servos?

Thanks guys sorry for the long post, guess I needed to vent a little?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
f0rmula_2001

It sounds like you have my luck. I had 3 different motors get wrecked(2 by other people,1 bearing failure) 2 servos,and the center diff cup exploded and took out my tranny. All that happened in less than 2 weeks. After that I really debated getting out of nitro....for a week, then I had a new 18tz in the mail and havent wrecked one thing in about 2 1/2 gallons now.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:32 PM
ktoomracer_436

haha I have had the truck for like a week and was ready to throw it in the trash can... then i remembered how much fun I have had with it and got a little motivation to fix it and once I did I was havin a blas again and couldn't be more happy but what do you think about 2 steering servos? I have no smooth dirt at my place its all gravel asphalt grass and a little bit of dirt... rocks everywhere.

What is 18tz? haha sorry still a newbie....
Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 PM
f0rmula_2001

I think 2 servos is overkill. Most guys running revos dont even use 2. I would get a Hitec MG-5645 or or a MG-645 is cheaper and a little less precise and not digital. it will probably the last servo you will buy for your truck. A receiver pack will make a big difference in how fast your servos are too. And they pay for them selves pretty quick.

A 18tz is a motor By O.S Engines. I have had way better luck with them over the Traxxas engines.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
ktoomracer_436

Okay so I'll do one hitec servo. The throttle servo I bought today is hitec the guy said it's faster and the last one I will but for this truck. Is a reciever pack an additional part for the servo? Thanks a lot for the help!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 PM
twohammersoffun

dose enyone have problems with the oneway berring on ont starter slipping all the time?

Old 05-01-2010, 11:26 PM
ktoomracer_436

Don't know anything about that, what happens when it does slip?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 AM
f0rmula_2001

ORIGINAL: mackoselek

dose enyone have problems with the oneway berring on ont starter slipping all the time?

I had a lot of problems with that happening. take it out and and clean it in some rubbing alcohol then put a little wd-40 on it. If that doesnt work you will have to get a new one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.