Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight
Reload this Page >

Mini P-51D from Horizon/Parkzone

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Mini P-51D from Horizon/Parkzone

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:22 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini P-51D from Horizon/Parkzone

has anyone flown the 160's vs the 240's ?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Are you asking for a comparison between the HK 160s and HK 240s, or someithing else?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Are you asking for a comparison between the HK 160s and HK 240s, or someithing else?
something else.. what ya got
I have the 240s and love em, but I would like to try some of these 160s and see how they compare.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:01 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The vids on the SU-26 thread have the HC battery.

Fern
Old 03-23-2010, 06:04 PM
srt10

I'm looking for anyone who has both the 160s and the 240s
I would like to know what they think of each.. Or I may have to put in an order for some 160s and do some testing
Old 03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

That is what I'm asking. What 240s do you have? There is more than one brand of 240s. But who knows, maybe they are made by the same manufacture.

I have the 240s and 160s that are both from HK. And they are both awesome. I was so busy with my maiden flight of my MS Composite pitts, I forgot to time my flights with my P-51. I will get some numbers next weekend.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:32 PM
srt10

My 240s came from HC
I love the 10+ min of flight times!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:36 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I see the difference. I keep my flights to the 5-6 minute range, and then throw another battery at it. I could probably get 10 minutes out of a new battery, but the wild WOT bursts would have to go. The 5-6 minutes is how I set everything up.

Fern
Old 03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
srt10

I'm able to fly WOT for over 6min then fly another 4-5min a little more gentle with the 240s
Old 03-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Aircraftfreak15

thinking about puting a msr moter in this plane because i think mines junk now i will tac buth the msr and P-51 when i get home from school tomarrow so i can see the rpm diferance.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Bowerz

Worth a try, but i wouldn't count on it working as they are designed to run on completely different gear set ups.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Shortbuss

Just flew my Micro and love it!! I went from the Super Cub to the Corsair to the Mirco Mustang. Selling my Blade CP and, rock crawler and mini Revo. Love my planes way more. I cant believe how much fun this thing is to fly. I can fly it right on my street in front of my house. Landing and Takeoffs are super fun too. Amazing plane!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: Shortbuss

Just flew my Micro and love it!! I went from the Super Cub to the Corsair to the Mirco Mustang. Selling my Blade CP and, rock crawler and mini Revo. Love my planes way more. I cant believe how much fun this thing is to fly. I can fly it right on my street in front of my house. Landing and Takeoffs are super fun too. Amazing plane!
welcome to the addiction. i love the touch and goes, gives you some practice for landings.
keep you wings in the air
Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Shortbuss

Thanks dude! Gotta order me up a whack of batteries to keep this sucker in the air.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Shortbuss, what are you charging with? I ask because you want these batteries, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10980 They rock.

Fern
Old 04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Shortbuss

Wow those are cheap!! I am using the stock battery and charger. Would those work with the factory charger? I might order a bunch of those.

Thanks Fern.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:40 PM
srt10

Wow those are cheap!! I am using the stock battery and charger. Would those work with the factory charger? I might order a bunch of those.

Thanks Fern.
they will work perfect with your factory charger..
Old 04-23-2010, 05:41 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I am using the celectra, but any of the factory chargers will work.

Fern
Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Shortbuss

I think I might order one of those chargers too. Thanks again for the link, I just ordered 6 of those batteries. Which is good, I am only getting a minute or two out of my factory one. I never ran it low, as soon as I hear the pulsing I come in and land. Swapped new batts in my charger and same thing. Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Real Gambler

I think I might order one of those chargers too. Thanks again for the link, I just ordered 6 of those batteries. Which is good, I am only getting a minute or two out of my factory one. I never ran it low, as soon as I hear the pulsing I come in and land. Swapped new batts in my charger and same thing. Any ideas?
Charger: For a Celesta charger, you may also want to look at the 4-Site or even the Blade mSr heli which come with it. My LHS wanted an outrageous amount of money for the charger alone and sold the power pack separatly (more money, more money). So I took the plunge and bought the mSr basically for the charger, but also as a novelty. Found out it's a fantastic indoor heli and never regretted it. Yes, it's more expensive than charger alone, but heck, another toy in the fleet! Later on, I bought the 4-Site, and still think I should have picked the one with the charger, because now, I sometime find one Celesta is not enough...

Batteries: What? Just 6 batteries? More, you need more! Just kidding.That's a good start. But trust me, eventually, you'll want more.

Early pulsing: Are you flying in the cold? If so, particularly with the Parkzone batteries, you will always get early pulsing. One way to prevent this is using a little "mit" with velcro on it. You just stick your battery in the mit, and stick the mit to the airplane. Made mine with neoprene, but as long as you keep the battery warm, any material will be fine, and you'll delay the pulsing. Otherwise, if it's not cold, then "HOUSTON, we have a problem!" Somehow though, I suspect you're flying below room temperature. Only need a few degree drop to really kill those batteries. I find the Turnigy a little bit better in the cold, but again, no miracle. Another trick, if flying in the cold, is to keep the battery warm until you stick it to the plane, then go Wide Open Throttle, and never let it go. Battery will warm up by itself. Sadly though, if you go half throttle for only a short time, you'll get pulsing very fast.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Real Gambler

Charger: For a Celesta charger, you may also want to look at the 4-Site or even the Blade mSr heli which come with it. My LHS wanted an outrageous amount of money for the charger alone and sold the power pack separatly (more money, more money). So I took the plunge and bought the mSr basically for the charger, but also as a novelty. Found out it's a fantastic indoor heli and never regretted it. Yes, it's more expensive than charger alone, but heck, another toy in the fleet! Later on, I bought the 4-Site, and still think I should have picked the one with the charger, because now, I sometime find one Celesta is not enough...

Batteries: What? Just 6 batteries? More, you need more! Just kidding. That's a good start. But trust me, eventually, you'll want more.

Early pulsing: Are you flying in the cold? If so, particularly with the Parkzone batteries, you will always get early pulsing. One way to prevent this is using a little ''mit'' with velcro on it. You just stick your battery in the mit, and stick the mit to the airplane. Made mine with neoprene, but as long as you keep the battery warm, any material will be fine, and you'll delay the pulsing. Otherwise, if it's not cold, then ''HOUSTON, we have a problem!'' Somehow though, I suspect you're flying below room temperature. Only need a few degree drop to really kill those batteries. I find the Turnigy a little bit better in the cold, but again, no miracle. Another trick, if flying in the cold, is to keep the battery warm until you stick it to the plane, then go Wide Open Throttle, and never let it go. Battery will warm up by itself. Sadly though, if you go half throttle for only a short time, you'll get pulsing very fast.

Here in Colorado this past winter, prewarming the pack ment faster for the first 30sec then the pack would get cold because it was cold out, nothing to get around the cold
and on full throttle and that's how I fly, the pack does discharge faster cuz it pulls more amps and still only 2-3min of flight no matter what
I went with the 240's flying in the cold and got 10-11min flights!
now that its warmer, my times are longer
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Real Gambler

Trust me, you will eventually want to make a mit if you love winter flying... Nothing like flying on a frozen lake or when the snow is packed solid (you can walk on it) in your usual biggest park. Suddenly, you have unlimited landing space, no matter where the wind is coming from... Best time to practice touch down, since it doesn't matter where you land... You can land anywhere!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 PM
srt10

no need for a mit, when I fly with 240's!
that would be just a waste for me..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Still on hold for the Mod winged Mustang. Hoping for a weekend flight. See the weighted Mustang thread for pics.

Fern
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Real Gambler

ORIGINAL: srt10

no need for a mit, when I fly with 240's!
that would be just a waste for me..
What brand are you flying? I'll seriously consider buying some because even my bigger battery (2S and 3S) for my bigger airplanes are also cold sensitive. I have Turnigy, Rhino, Starmax, Polyquest and as soon as the temperature drop a little, I loose some flight time (Though, I never use mits for those!). For my micro fleet (1S), I have Parzone,Eflite, Flightmax, Turnigy. (Parzone Eflite and Flightmax are horrible in the cold, Turnigy is only a bit better). I still have to find a battery that doesn't loose power in the cold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.